Apple posts details on $100 store credit for early iPhone owners

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple customers who bought an iPhone before August 22 may be eligible for an instant $100 electronic credit toward future purchases at Apple Retail Stores or the Apple Online Store. To see if you qualify, read on for Apple's just-released terms and conditions.

To receive your credit, follow these three easy steps:

Step 1: Identify your iPhone

To confirm eligibility, simply enter your phone number and iPhone serial number in the fields provided.

Step 2: Enter your access code

You will receive an SMS text message on your iPhone containing the access code to redeem your $100 credit. Enter your phone number and your access code in the fields provided to generate an electronic store credit.

Step 3: Get your $100 Apple Store credit

You will receive a $100 electronic store credit to purchase products at the Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store.

Requests for the $100 credit must be submitted by November 30, 2007. Participants must activate their iPhone with AT&T prior to submitting their claim. For information on how to activate, click here. A frequently asked questions list is also available here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 47
    I just found out that you may have problems if you have had your iPhone replaced by Apple support or exchanged at the Apple or ATT stores because this system may not have your new SSN on file.

This is what has happened to me, so I have started the email contact process because no phone number is provided for this.

Good luck everyone.
  • Reply 2 of 47
    I had mine replaced about a month ago because of touch screen issues, but no problems here. Just printed out the store credit! Sweet!
  • Reply 3 of 47
    Thanks Apple for doing the right thing.

I am going to save mine and use it on the 16Gb 3G version coming out before X-mas
  • Reply 4 of 47
  • Reply 5 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gizmo-xl View Post

I just found out that you may have problems if you have had your iPhone replaced by Apple support or exchanged at the Apple or ATT stores because this system may not have your new SSN on file.

This is what has happened to me, so I have started the email contact process because no phone number is provided for this.

Good luck everyone.

I am haveing the same problem, did you try using the original serial #? I also sent an email. Maybe we are getting more back because we had to deal with the dead screen issue

• Reply 6 of 47
    Notice how they tied it in with AT&T to make sure that anyone who didn't activate the phone won't get the rebate. Very clever. Not sure about the ethics of that, but I guess it's their prerogative. I still think they didn't need to give any rebate at all.

Can't wait to sit back and watch the fury of all the crybabies as they pontificate about Apple being corporate swine, etc. It should be interesting.
  • Reply 7 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjoec123 View Post

Not sure about the ethics of that......

Ummmm.... why would it be unethical?
  • Reply 8 of 47
    What about those people who had bought a second phone with the intention of giving it as an Xmas present for example? Guess they would have to open it and activate it first!
  • Reply 9 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daratbastid View Post

I am haveing the same problem, did you try using the original serial #? I also sent an email. Maybe we are getting more back because we had to deal with the dead screen issue

No I am going to try that when I get home tonight after I locate the old #. I will let you know if it works.
  • Reply 10 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Ummmm.... why would it be unethical?

Yea, I don't think it is unethical because you have to wonder if someone didn't buy an Iphone sign up for ATT what exactly are they doing with it? I bet whatever it is it is not what Apple wants consumers to be doing with the Iphone.

I bet the population of people who have Iphones and are not on ATT are fewer than 5,000 out of the 1 million sold. I doubt we would here a peep from these people.
  • Reply 11 of 47
    Clever how Apple made that "get started" image a background pic so you couldn't just rip it off...

Oh well, AppleInsider stole it anyway and gave it a crappy photoshop job to boot.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 12 of 47
    No iTunes store purchases, pity that would have been popular I think, still I suppose that would have cost them more cash in the long run as they don't get to keep much of the 99 cents.

Ian
  • Reply 13 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parky View Post

No iTunes store purchases

Where did you see that info.... I just got mine, and somehow missed the info on what was/was not eligible. Darn, I'd like to have spent 30-40 bucks some ringtones......
  • Reply 14 of 47
    [sorry, deleted this -- read the FAQ and noticed I was wrong, wrong, wrongity wrong. Drat.]
  • Reply 15 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Participants must activate their iPhone with AT&T prior to submitting their claim.

It will be interesting to know if those with unlocked iPhones can receive the credit?

Anyone with an unlocked phone tried yet?

Any success??
  • Reply 16 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Where did you see that info.... I just got mine, and somehow missed the info on what was/was not eligible. Darn, I'd like to have spent 30-40 bucks some ringtones......

Just read the Terms and Conditions :-

"Customers may not redeem their store credits: (1) at any iTunes Store in the United States or elsewhere, (2) Apple Store locations outside the United States; (3) at Apple resellers; (4) for cash; (5) to purchase Apple Gift Cards, or,iTunes Store Gift Certificates, to give iTunes Store content as gifts, or to create iTunes Store allowances; or (6) as payments on Apple accounts."

Ian
  • Reply 17 of 47
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Participants must activate their iPhone with AT&T prior to submitting their claim.

Any early adopting unlockers just got owned.
  • Reply 18 of 47
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I read the FAQ and I did not see anywhere that it is transferable or not. So I maybe you can sell it on ebay, or donate it to a charity.

m
  • Reply 19 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gizmo-xl View Post

No I am going to try that when I get home tonight after I locate the old #. I will let you know if it works.

WORKED! Use your original serial and your good to go!
  • Reply 20 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I read the FAQ and I did not see anywhere that it is transferable or not. So I maybe you can sell it on ebay, or donate it to a charity.

m

You need to read slower :-

"Customers may not resell, transfer, or otherwise assign the credits."