Letdown?

Comments

• Reply 121 of 212
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Best keynote ever.
  • Reply 122 of 212
    to that person who said "Just wait a few weeks for a MacBook Pro Update".. dude you don't know the feeling, you don't know what its like.. Lots of people have been waiting for months now... and few more weeks.. I need one like really soon and there's no way i'm buying the current one right now.
  • Reply 123 of 212
    deleted post
  • Reply 124 of 212
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    the keynote had something good for everyone, and left out something each of us wanted too. Santa didn't bring me a pony, but the promise of continued iPhone enhancements cheers me up, since i got my wife one for Xmas, and i get to play with it too.

keep in mind this is '08 round 1. the spring WWDC round 2 usually bring hardware bumps (need Mini upgrade!) and major software news.
  • Reply 125 of 212
    I guess we'll just have to continue to wait for Macs built to order with Bluray, but really, would it be that hard for Apple to add it as a built to order option?
  • Reply 126 of 212
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    yes it would be hard to build in BluRay for playback of DRM'd hi-def DVD's because that would require Apple to add HDCP and AACS protocols to its OS. but a no-DRM BluRay drive could be added for other purposes. or added to AppleTV, which already complies with HDCP.
  • Reply 127 of 212
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    And since someone has to do it, here it is :

• Reply 128 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

For Apple yes,

For USA economy, nope. Until Bush stays on power, you can forget about getting better.

I knew it was only a matter of time before some uneducated moron said this. Listen very carefully... no sitting President controls the economy. If he did, there would be no unemployment and the DJIA would be 75000. The President doesn't control everything. Stop blaming Bush because you think the economy is down just because the market is down. One has nothing to do with the other.
  • Reply 129 of 212
    I said this over at the macnn forums: Mac users are the biggest whiniest bunch of bitches in the world. I swear as God as my witness, I never hear so much bitching over this stuff. People bitched and whined and moaned like a bunch of bitches when Apple stopped with the built in floppy. Now they are bitching again over the Macbook Air. Stop please!
  • Reply 130 of 212
    tripotripo Posts: 74member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

to that person who said "Just wait a few weeks for a MacBook Pro Update".. dude you don't know the feeling, you don't know what its like.. Lots of people have been waiting for months now... and few more weeks.. I need one like really soon and there's no way i'm buying the current one right now.

i'm in the same shits there's a flight in 3 weeks -after that NO more US for a looooooooong time.
  • Reply 131 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tripo View Post

i'm in the same shits there's a flight in 3 weeks -after that NO more US for a looooooooong time.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

Ditto. An MBP Air I would have bought. This and a long wait for the next MBP update? Screw Jobs.
  • Reply 132 of 212
    See what I mean?
  • Reply 133 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogue68 View Post

Ditto. An MBP Air I would have bought.

It is a safe bet now that the next MBP will look like the MBA, just much more heavy of course.
  • Reply 134 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

I knew it was only a matter of time before some uneducated moron said this. Listen very carefully... no sitting President controls the economy. If he did, there would be no unemployment and the DJIA would be 75000. The President doesn't control everything. Stop blaming Bush because you think the economy is down just because the market is down. One has nothing to do with the other.

Dude, you have no idea how much non-Americans despise your president & the kind of impact that has on consumers' willingness to buy American products or holiday in your country. It's a fact. Get over it.
  • Reply 135 of 212
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haveyoumetmark View Post

$20 for touch update? are you shitting me? unlock functionality I already invested in. thats bullshit. not all ipod touch users are kids dicking around on the internet. not all people are willing to pay. total BS.

Whine whine whine whine whine

What, exactly, is your iPod touch now incapable of doing that it was capable of last week? Oh yeah! Nothing.

If the new features aren't worth $20 to you, don't pay, and don't have them.

I'm sick of this crybaby bullshit; unfortunately Apple really shot themselves in the foot when they capitulated to it last time over the iPhone price drop - it's just going to encourage another load of baseless, illogical whining about this $20 iPod touch upgrade.
  • Reply 136 of 212
    So foreigners bought american products when Clinton was in office? It's the same material that was made back then as it is today. Trust me, there's many foreign heads of state that Americans hate, too.
  • Reply 137 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogue68 View Post

Dude, you have no idea how much non-Americans despise your president & the kind of impact that has on consumers' willingness to buy American products or holiday in your country. It's a fact. Get over it.

And what British products are selling out in the US? Trust me, I'd kill for an Aston Martin DB9, but what else?

You're getting way off my point anyways.
  • Reply 138 of 212
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

- Updates and speed bumps to the mini and the MacBook Pro, if any, will happen as a press release or not even mentioned at all. Steve spending time talking about Penryn is a waste. Processors always get faster. Not newsworthy. More RAM, bigger HD, different GPU, latest Intel processor. Yawn. iMacs are brand-new. Even if they get Penryn it is not something to announce at MacWorld.

I agree, if that were the case. However, many of us have been expecting for a while now for the MacBook Pro to receive a casework overall, delivering the magnetic latch, MacBook (and now more specifically, MacBook Air) style keyboard, and easy access to the HDD. i.e., not such a minor update.
  • Reply 139 of 212
    Since this is our official whining thread , let me give it a spin. But a reasonable one.

I saw not comment about pricing outside the US. Usually Apple used such events to adjust even slighlty the prices according to the currency exchange rates, but not this time.

As of now, 1 euro is 1.48 dollars. However, without VAT included, the base MB for example is 867 euros = $1283 . Now I am not saying that it should be the equivalent of the $1100 US price, since there are many factors to consider, but still, it is nearly $200 more. And this before adding VAT (OK, not Apple's fault). And on the cheapest model. In other cases the gap is even larger.
  • Reply 140 of 212
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Since this is our official whining thread , let me give it a spin. But a reasonable one.

I saw not comment about pricing outside the US. Usually Apple used such events to adjust even slighlty the prices according to the currency exchange rates, but not this time.

As of now, 1 euro is 1.48 dollars. However, without VAT included, the base MB for example is 867 euros = $1283 . Now I am not saying that it should be the equivalent of the $1100 US price, since there are many factors to consider, but still, it is nearly $200 more. And this before adding VAT (OK, not Apple's fault). And on the cheapest model. In other cases the gap is even larger.

The base model MBA on the French Applestore is 1699 Euro... that is $2500!!!! For the base model.

Good luck selling those Steve.