Nvidia 9800GX2 - Damn it Apple!

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

Well, if you found the GL book hard going, no wonder everybody is going for M$'s much superior Direct X, eh?

Baiting is right. Did I say I found it hard going? No, I did not. Did I compare it to DirectX? No, I did not.

Take your words out of my mouth, LBB.
  • Reply 62 of 75
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Don't you read? #1) You can't play the game using the card available without SLI. #2) I do have a PS3, wake up and start reading some posts before you decide to chime in with your uselessness.

Look, all I am saying is...

you have been going over this same crap in like 10+ different forum threads dude, just cause I haven't been posting, I have been reading (for the past 30 days even), get over it

you want a billion dollar corporation to bend to your wishes asap so you can play a GAME, give me a damn break

gees

No giggling, it's just like damn dude, 10+ separate threads.

oh and another thing you're an idiot build a hackintosh

I mean honestly do you see what you are doing?

There is this motherboard out there that you want, right? "Skulltrail", but instead of just buying it and putting in the cards, drives, ram, and etc, and then putting your own cpus and installing OS X and Windows, you want apple to custom build you one and put there little friggin apple logo on it so you can buy it then.

What's the big idea? Just buy what you want IT'S RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU. HACKINTOSH duh!!!

what a dork

hehe now I am giggling, I am so right haha

don't get mad k?

but seriously Hackintosh
  • Reply 63 of 75
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    If your going to act and write like a child that's O.K, I understand your a kid. Your as welcome here as anyone else, but learn to count, and take honestly seriously when you post. There are not 10 threads on this. There is one in here, and one in another forum. It's a far cry from 10. And like I said earlier: start reading what people have said before you start posting things because you wind up posting inaccuracies on what other people have said, and that is totally disrespectful to everybody who is reading your posts.
  • Reply 64 of 75
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    Alright, I'll stop.

It just seems like all I have been reading lately is:

SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker, SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker, SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker, SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker, SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker, SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker, SLI, Skulltrail, Crysis, Onlooker...

It's like 6 months ago when all I kept seeing was:

MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100...

It's gets a little annoying...

I don't know, like I said just buy/build what you want... ok

this is my last post to this thread... I swear, have fun
  • Reply 65 of 75
    SLI, Skulltrail, Onlooker. I think you spend too much time looking at my signature rather than the posts.
  • Reply 66 of 75
    Right now the 8800GT is just nice for Mac Pro going into, say middle-2009. For hardcore graphics, the Quadro etc. for Mac Pro.

The 9800 or 8800GT's SLI-ed is an interesting proposition, but more for gaming on PC, going into the end of 2008.

I am running HL2: Ep2 and Team Fortress 2, on pretty much Max settings for 1280x1024 with about 4x AA (MSAA or 8xQSuperSAA) etc. etc. 8500GT 256mb OC'ed. Unreal3 on maximum settings.

XP2Pro. Do not touch Vista unless you are seriously enthusiastic about games. 3ghz Quad, dual 8800GTX, 4GB RAM, etc. and a 22" 1900x1200 monitor.

DirectX9.0c and maybe 9.0d(?) on XP2Pro should be fine for me going to the end of 2008.

I will get another 8500GT for SLI, or dual 8800GT 512mb for my PC, if there is a significant need, if say I go up to a 22" 1900x1200 monitor. At which stage I might as well f*king get a PS3.

Ah, the graphics treadmill. That said, I am happy for nVidia's GP GPU push, and buying of Ageia. A fanboy, yes. However, HL2 and Portal has been quite interesting, Unreal3 Engine as well.

Intel quad-core mainstream in 2009, nVidia GPU + GP + Physics, going to be a nice PC gaming scene in 2009. Again, that said, this should be the combination for the next-generation consoles. PS3 and XBOX360 have issues of their PowerPC/Cell (I know I am going to get flamed for saying it)... and Wii of course is the casual gamer scene, maybe a Wii 2 could be what the PS3 should have been?
  • Reply 67 of 75
    Quote:

Just found out you actually need SLI to run Crysis at the highest resolution with AA turned on in DX10. Damn it Apple!

Of course. It's outrageous. A game has to be friggin super good for me to throw ULTRA SUPER MAX gear at it. And Crysis isn't. I'm a Unreal/HL2/NeedForSpeed/DawnOfWar/StarCraft2 kinda guy.

Ooh. That reminds me. Going to play demo of new DawnOfWar (SoulStorm) demo.

/runs off

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mercuric Oxide View Post

^ Actually, I believe the Mac Pro with 8800GT will play this game very well.

You can check my thread at:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=427764

With the ATi HD2600XT, I can plat at 1440 x 900, All Very High and High at 15-20 fps, and all Medium at 30 fps.

So I guess the server architecture of the Mac Pro helped a little.

If the 2600 can play the game this well, then there won't be a need for for SLI unless you want to play above 1920 x 1080 with AA.

Youtube links (quality not too great):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a0N3CVb5yMI

The ATI HD2600XT is okay, I guess, I would place it in between my 8500GT and an 8600GT, almost but not quite? 8600GT. I must be getting old, I don't bother with hardcore benchmarking reviews nowadays.
  • Reply 68 of 75
    NIce to see a user that is so into graphics that his nick is Nvidia2008.
  • Reply 69 of 75
    Quote:

NIce to see a user that is so into graphics that his nick is Nvidia2008.

Ha ha. Yes. ...The thing is that when all the games went 3D from all those beautiful 2D sprites, I was quite apprehensive.

However, the state that things have reached, with Source, Unreal3, NFS:MostWanted, DawnOfWar engines, truly there is an emotive, engaging aesthetic quality to "3D graphics" nowadays. Some engines though I dislike aesthetically, eg. Doom3/Quake4, Crytek, NFS:Carbon, C&C3...

Unreal3+ and Source+, Real Time Strategy games, with serious hard and soft-body physics, looking forward to that...

nVidia is not just about graphics now.
  • Reply 70 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rezwits View Post

It's like 6 months ago when all I kept seeing was:

MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100, MacBook, Santa Rosa, GMA3100...

But is this not what actually happened?
  • Reply 71 of 75
    Onlooker: if you want a computer that games really well, why don't you consider a gaming PC that runs Windows and supports SLI. If you love OS X so much, throw it on there. Stop bitching about how Apple doesn't cater to 1/100th of the computer buying market. Intel holds 75 percent market share in GPUs for a reason.
  • Reply 72 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius View Post

Onlooker: if you want a computer that games really well, why don't you consider a gaming PC that runs Windows and supports SLI. If you love OS X so much, throw it on there. Stop bitching about how Apple doesn't cater to 1/100th of the computer buying market. Intel holds 75 percent market share in GPUs for a reason.

Why don't you keep your iMac and shut it. Who says it's all about games? I just can not afford a Quadro Plex. Start talking once you have some idea of what the hell your talking about.
  • Reply 73 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius View Post

By that logic we should be all using windows. The Apple I knew wasn't concerned about that 75%, they built great products like the B&W G3 to meet the needs of the other 25% who are above and beyond the average user. I didn't join this platform so I could get pretty looking family machines like the iMac. Apple used to be on the cutting edge for professionals and semi-professionals alike.
  • Reply 74 of 75
    Hey does anyone know what forum site that is that has all the OS X on X86 PC machines on it? They have a whole underground society over there, and I just lost all my bookmarks and I forgot what it's called. .
  • Reply 75 of 75
    Thanks anyways. I found it.