iTMS Australia due next month, local site claims

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
According to a report on AppleTalk, an Australian Macintosh Community Site, Apple will announce an Australian version of its iTunes Music Store by the end of April. The Web site, citing sources, claims confirmation of an announcement date, but does not specify. An Australian iTunes Music Store has been rumored since last October, when a report in the Australian Financial Review claimed that Apple would launch a localized version of the service in a "few weeks."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Believe it when I see it.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    halijanhalijan Posts: 24member
    Its been comming for the last year now apparently. The amount of reports of ITMS comming to Australia in the next month is rediculous
  • Reply 3 of 10
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Well... looks like it's been three months since the last AU iTMS rumor got my hopes up..... time to start the circus all over again!

Im not holding my breath though, Ive passed out too many times in the last 6 to months because of this!

*crosses all possible appendages*
  • Reply 4 of 10
    halijanhalijan Posts: 24member
    Yea I cant wait, I can finally download legal music in Australia without money going to Microsoft
  • Reply 5 of 10
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    There are rumors of a Norwegian iTMS by 28 April - perhaps they are opening more than two that day?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    So any more rumblings in regards to this rumour? There is an album I want to buy... but will wait to see if this pans out (which I doubt it will).

I am currently living in Adelaide and every cd I buy I rip to my iPod and then send the cd back to my g/f in Syd... I don't have a cd player here. So an Australian iTMS would be very handy for me right now.

iDunno
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Apparently Apple are booking advert space in several Australian magazines for iTMS.

But as far as a date goes, it's anyones guess.... Im guessing not April as April issues of the "alledged" magazines are out and "if" Apple are booking adverts it will be for May/June issue releases...

Im putting my money on June if it happens at all.

b.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I started a new forum for this.... But Russel Croew has confirmed the iTMS hits OZ on April 28th. Go to this forum...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=53273

Mod's please lock this forum as the newer one is up.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Oh, what do you know, it's almost April and still nothing. Luckily for me I don't hold my breath for anything, otherwise I'd be long buried by now.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    ivan pivan p Posts: 52member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maryadavis View Post

Oh, what do you know, it's almost April and still nothing. Luckily for me I don't hold my breath for anything, otherwise I'd be long buried by now.

You fool, you bumped a topic over two years old. The Australian iTMS has been open for ages.