Apple wants over-the-air music downloads for 3G iPhone

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 102
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    The artical mentions ringback tones: these are so damnd annoying., they should be banned. I should not have to listen to 50 cent at 20Kbps just because I am calling someone with no taste. Ringtones are fine, but ringback tones invade my space, STOP IT ALREADY, and DONT MAKE ME PAY EXTRA NOT TO HEAR THEM!

Communications have standards for a reason: If I hear a song on a phone, I would think that my call was picked up by a cue in a pbx somewhere, not awaiting answer on the PSTN
  • Reply 102 of 102
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

The artical mentions ringback tones: these are so damnd annoying., they should be banned. I should not have to listen to 50 cent at 20Kbps just because I am calling someone with no taste. Ringtones are fine, but ringback tones invade my space, STOP IT ALREADY, and DONT MAKE ME PAY EXTRA NOT TO HEAR THEM!

Communications have standards for a reason: If I hear a song on a phone, I would think that my call was picked up by a cue in a pbx somewhere, not awaiting answer on the PSTN

I agree, it's like a popup ad for your phone that the user is paying the label for*. If phone companies want to offer them, that is fine, but they should also offer me a free way to have them ignored.
    * I also feel strongly about paying a band $35 for a T-shirt so I can advertise for them.