A 'healthy' Steve Jobs expected to take the stage tomorrow

Comments

• Reply 21 of 69
    No doubt the stock took a bit of a hit with the inadvertent release of Jobs obituary. It would be interesting to see just how much the stock would shoot up if he is reported to have returned from the dead.
  • Reply 22 of 69
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,097member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

Boy, I really hope Apple can come up with an Eee PC "killer" soon. I'm going to have to go to the dark side so I don't have to cary my 17"MBP when I travel. Please, Steve, please!

Apple introducing an "entry level" (i.e. "cheapo") laptop is about as likely as Ferrari coming out with a low-end sportscar. Not going to happen. Apple and its ego does not want to be associated with low-end products.
  • Reply 23 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Actually his condition requires that he only eat healthy food. It's the fats and oils in the junk food that would kill him.

Steve Jobs is by all accounts a very tough guy. I bet nothing would make him happier than to outlive all his tubbier competitors in the computer business, merely by virtue of his low calorie, low carb, low fat diet. He would probably be on the same diet even without the condition.

Balmer for instance, is an early heart-attack just waiting to happen. It amazes me that everyone focuses on Jobs because he looks skinny, when he's probably a hundred times healthier than Balmer and half the tech press.

Anything can happen, but if I was a betting person, I'd say he will be around for years.

Is it just me, or does Ballmer remind you of Chris Farley...particularly the guy he portrayed in the "VAN down by the RIVER" skits.

Chris Farley as Matt Foley

Steve Ballmer as Matt Foley ver 2?

• Reply 24 of 69
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post

Hopefully Jobs is hitting the fast-food.

Ummm that's probably how he got sick in the first place.
  • Reply 25 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Apple introducing an "entry level" (i.e. "cheapo") laptop is about as likely as Ferrari coming out with a low-end sportscar. Not going to happen. Apple and its ego does not want to be associated with low-end products.

Companies are not human beings. They do not have egos. It's called marketing, and Apple do it very well.
  • Reply 26 of 69
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronster View Post

Is it just me, or does Ballmer remind you of Chris Farley...particularly the guy he portrayed in the "VAN down by the RIVER" skits.

Chris Farley as Matt Foley

Steve Ballmer as Matt Foley ver 2?

GOT DAMMM....I Jumped from my chair when I saw that. Looks just like a Zune. Fugly
  • Reply 27 of 69
    I think people are FAR too pudgy to judge Steve on his appearance. Go to any mall, restaurant, or park and witness the porkers and their daily over indulgence. Covering it up with clothing and pretending nobody else notices is insane, but we all do don't we?

About the event, I hope a sleek ipod Nano(yawwwwn), svelt ipod Touch(wake me up when it's over), and another Itunes enhancement(zzzzzzz Zzzzzz) are not the only highlights for tuesday's event. Otherwise, why bother at all. Any new 2008 products should show as demos tomorrow, then give specified release dates instead of this irritating rumormill.

I know Apple drags crap out though.
  • Reply 28 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

Boy, I really hope Apple can come up with an Eee PC "killer" soon. I'm going to have to go to the dark side so I don't have to cary my 17"MBP when I travel. Please, Steve, please!

Luke, I am your mother!

In order to go over to the dark side, one must be devoid of dark side thoughts to begin with. Based on many of your postings, I would have to say that you're pretty much already there.
  • Reply 29 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Actually his condition requires that he only eat healthy food. It's the fats and oils in the junk food that would kill him.

Steve Jobs is by all accounts a very tough guy. I bet nothing would make him happier than to outlive all his tubbier competitors in the computer business, merely by virtue of his low calorie, low carb, low fat diet. He would probably be on the same diet even without the condition.

Balmer for instance, is an early heart-attack just waiting to happen. It amazes me that everyone focuses on Jobs because he looks skinny, when he's probably a hundred times healthier than Balmer and half the tech press.

Anything can happen, but if I was a betting person, I'd say he will be around for years.

There's a difference... MSFT stock would actually RISE if Ballmer bit the big one.
  • Reply 30 of 69
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This is all well and good, but anyone with a relative or family member with cancer (maybe some of you have had cancer) knows the odds are typically very high that there will be a recurrence, and perhaps "the street" has already factored in this reduced expectation for Apple going forward... It's horrible, but speaking from a pure investors standpoint, it would make sense to account for this possibility.

Talking about cancer in this way is no more meaningful than if you were talking about "infection" as a category, saying that anyone who knows someone who's had infection knows the odds are typically very high that people succumb to it. A guy with a pneumococcal meningitis doesn't have the same odds as a lady with the bladder infection.
  • Reply 31 of 69
    Two words of advice for Jobs tomorrow: fat suit.
  • Reply 32 of 69
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    He could actually appear "healthy" yet still be sick or sicker. I extremely doubt that he would appear if he were as near death as some have speculated here.
  • Reply 33 of 69

Just look at the difference - amazing. Not sure when the first photo was taken, the 2nd one is from June. Yikes, he's a changed man....
  • Reply 34 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nonstopdesign View Post

Just look at the difference - amazing. Not sure when the first photo was taken, the 2nd one is from June. Yikes, he's a changed man....

yes, hes lost some weight, but hes also in crappy lighting, and wearing a looser shirt in the second one.
  • Reply 35 of 69
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I think Steve should dispel any rumors of ill health by coming on stage doing the Ballmer "Monkey Boy" dance. "Give it up! Give it up for me! Yeah! Woooo!"
  • Reply 36 of 69
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Ferrari is coming out with an entry level (150K) F149:

• Reply 37 of 69
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nonstopdesign View Post

He's obviously taken too much on- that's what's called Macarexia.
  • Reply 38 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post

yes, hes lost some weight, but hes also in crappy lighting, and wearing a looser shirt in the second one.

The shirt is looser because he lost weight. It's not an optical illusion.
  • Reply 39 of 69

• Reply 40 of 69
    Mozzarella, you are wicked. lol