Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak to appear at Macworld

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
While the verdict is out on whether Apple chief executive Steve Jobs will make some form of appearance at next week's Macworld Expo, the 'other Steve' that helped co-found the company more than 30 years ago will be on hand to throw his weight behind a third-party product launch.

Modbook maker Axiotron announced Wednesday that Wozniak, an active member of its board of advisors, will participate in the unveiling of the company's latest products and technologies in the main presentation area of its booth (#502) on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009, at 12 pm.

Axiotron's booth has drawn some of the largest crowds at the past two Macworld Expos as show-goers flocked to take its "Modbook" tablet computer for a test run. The device, which sells for $2,249 and above, is an after-market hardware modification to Apple's MacBook notebooks that transforms the portables into the "first ever Mac OS X tablet computer solution."

At this year's show, Axiotron's chief executive Andreas Haas will highlight the improved and enhanced Modbook and also provide a first look at the company's latest innovations, including Quickscript, its new handwriting recognition software.

Haas will also offer a window into Axiotron’s unique product development process, while Wozniak present his vision of how Axiotron’s approach may represent a bridge between past breakthroughs and future innovations.

"I look forward to Steve’s participation at Macworld," Haas said. "His excitement about our Modbook has been both gratifying and inspiring. As fellow Newton MessagePad enthusiasts, Steve and I share the desire to bring back some of those powerful pen tablet features that have been dormant for so long, and I am delighted to present some of what we have been working on."

The event will be open to all Macworld attendees.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    yes, and people will sure be curious about HIS opinon on iphone, ipod and everything apple has done in the last 10 years.
  • Reply 2 of 48
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Shocking!

And btw, I promise you Steve Jobs will make an appearance. That much is the most obvious thing ever.
  • Reply 3 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Shocking!

And btw, I promise you Steve Jobs will make an appearance. That much is the most obvious thing ever.

Stop guessing!
  • Reply 4 of 48
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    at least with the likely low turnout at macworld, there will be lots of room for his segway in the isles...
  • Reply 5 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Stop guessing!

I did.
  • Reply 6 of 48
    Quote:

I would guess that Steve and Phil are about to blow the hinges off the media, by pulling that old ?one last thing? trick out of their hats.

I bet Phil does the whole song and dance presentation leading to reduced expectations from the crowd, then at the very end on walks Steve looking like a million bucks (+20 lbs) and pulls the iPod tablet out of his pocket and says ?it?s available everywhere this afternoon? That will put Phil in the drivers seat and set the hypers on their collective heels.

OK, a guy can dream can?t he?
  • Reply 7 of 48
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Maybe more like,

Phil ends by saying:

"Oh yeah, there's one more thing I'd like to show off (or talk about)" at that time, it's then that Steve J. enters the stage - looking pretty good. Steve gets a HUGH standing Ovation, and after it quiets down, he sets the stage for Apple's New (?).

Phil finishes up with the intro on the new product as we watch Steve leave the stage one last time - YES to a Standing O, with folks chanting "Steve, Steve, Steve"!

Phil then announces to the stage "Bono" or someone BIG, who sings one of Steve's favorite songs … any every one runs to the auditorium to look at and touch the newest Apple product.

I must admit, I like my version better then what will liely happen … nothing.

I don't know what Steve or Phil could announce that will not cause Apple stock to tank?

Skip
  • Reply 8 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Last edited by ncee; Today at 04:53 PM.. Reason: hadn't finished

Skip

Sorry, but you were 'finished' before you started that post.
  • Reply 9 of 48
    The "one more thing" will be Jobs announcing that Woz will become CEO after he retires.
  • Reply 10 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

I would guess that Steve and Phil are about to blow the hinges off the media, by pulling that old ?one last thing? trick out of their hats.

Possibly, I don't know though.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EyeNsteinNo View Post

The "one more thing" will be Jobs announcing that Woz will become CEO after he retires.

Pretty much every good strategic move Apple has done in the last 10 years Woz has thought was a bad idea - so in that sense I hope you're wrong.
  • Reply 12 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Maybe more like,

Phil ends by saying:

"Oh yeah, there's one more thing I'd like to show off (or talk about)" at that time, it's then that Steve J. enters the stage - looking pretty good. Steve gets a HUGH standing Ovation, and after it quiets down, he sets the stage for Apple's New (?).

Phil finishes up with the intro on the new product as we watch Steve leave the stage one last time - YES to a Standing O, with folks chanting "Steve, Steve, Steve"!

OR... Phil finishes his keynote, Steve comes out for "one more thing" and announces he's dying. \ (I'm kidding!)
  • Reply 13 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

OR... Phil finishes his keynote, Steve comes out for "one more thing" and announces he's dying.

It's hilarious that everyone is getting their knickers in a twist, and myself and Spam are cracking jokes. Happy new year!
  • Reply 14 of 48
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EyeNsteinNo View Post

CEO of what? Psystar?
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Quote:

It's hilarious that everyone is getting their knickers in a twist, and myself and Spam are cracking jokes. Happy new year!

Every time there's an event and the tablet isn't announced and the musical guest starts I feel like Mortimer Duke at the end of Trading Places. "Turn those machines back on!"
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Anyone own(ed) a relatively new modbook? Do they work well? And what type of tech does the display use? Is it as accurate as a Wacom? does it have multiple pressure levels like a Wacom? It would be sweet to have a "mobile Cintique" or whatever that thing is called...
  • Reply 17 of 48
    If you wanted someone to "throw their weight" behind the proceedings, Woz is definitely your man.

Steve Jobs is likely to just bounce off the crepe paper decorations.
  • Reply 18 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

Every time there's an event and the tablet isn't announced and the musical guest starts I feel like Mortimer Duke at the end of Trading Places. "Turn those machines back on!"

Very true.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    Quote:

Happy New Year to you too!
  • Reply 20 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

If you wanted someone to "throw their weight" behind the proceedings, Woz is definitely your man.

Steve Jobs is likely to just bounce off the crepe paper decorations.

Woz certainly adds heft to any event... especially events involving lasers.