Apple Store Down...new products? what?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    synpsynp Posts: 248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I think a family with 6 computers (which isn't really uncommon today with two parents and 3 to 4 children) certainly should be looking at thrift for computers.

6 computers for a family of 6 is excessive, regardless of the type of computer.

Remember the good old days when a family had 1 TV set? There's no reason why every family member needs their own computer. That is the death of thrift - it's buying stuff you can do without, rather than buying a more expensive model than the absolute best bargain.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

I doubt any new products will be announced this week. Monday is Martin Luther King Jr day, and Tuesday is the Presidential Inaugural. Wednesday is the hangover from Tuesday. Doesn't look like a good PR week for Apple to get a new product out there. On the other hand, Wednesday is a long-shot option.

My guess would be that new products will be announced the following week, when Apple can also say they are now shipping iLife '09. Hopefully this will help get those new 17" MacBook Pros out the door too.

Barack Obama Mac Mini, Barack Obama iMac, Barack Obama Mac Pro to go with all that crap Barack Obama merchandise that people are buying.

Sebastian
  • Reply 23 of 25
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

I doubt any new products will be announced this week. Monday is Martin Luther King Jr day, and Tuesday is the Presidential Inaugural. Wednesday is the hangover from Tuesday. Doesn't look like a good PR week for Apple to get a new product out there. On the other hand, Wednesday is a long-shot option.

No, that'd be perfect. If there is a Mini update, and I stress if, then it will undoubtedly be unimpressive, especially given how long we've waited. A quiet update is what they want.

Me: "Hey, are those new Mini's over there? But for $799 I can get twice as bet..."

Apple: "Look! A black guy just became president of the United States!"
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phong View Post

No, that'd be perfect. If there is a Mini update, and I stress if, then it will undoubtedly be unimpressive, especially given how long we've waited. A quiet update is what they want.

Me: "Hey, are those new Mini's over there? But for $799 I can get twice as bet..."

Apple: "Look! A black guy just became president of the United States!"

No way !

They rumored that Macmini will have a black casing and together with inauguration of Obama...Well hello??

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._mac_mini.html

Black mini with black president ....no way dude....it won't get updates that soon especially with Black casing.....

Welcome to recession
  • Reply 25 of 25
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,424moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phong View Post

Those 64W Quads are still desktop chips, which Apple will not use for some reason.

I was just checking Intel's processor info tool and it lists the new quad core mobile chips as being just 45W.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Default.aspx

It also lists the 3.06GHz Core 2 Extreme as that. I think the Mini CPUs are listed as 35W.

The Q9000 and Q9100 look like they would go in Apple's lineup ok.