IM+ drops price to $0.99

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
For people who are in need of more IM services than AIM, the options for multi-protocal instant messaging clients that can connect to services like Google Talk, Windows Live or Yahoo have been rather slim -- and relatively expensive. As part of a spring sale, IM+ ($0.99, App Store) has dropped from its usual $9.99 to just 99 cents.

IM+ is an app that allows you to connect to AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo, ICQ, Jabber, Google Talk and MyspaceIM and instant message with your friends. The application has numerous iPhone-specific features such as photo sharing straight from the iPhone's camera, an optional 'push' mode which sends IMs to your email while not using the app, various smilies, landscape mode, and support for multiple languages.

Those waiting for something a little bit more may want to wait, however: IM+'s own application description says that this sale is part of a push "before we release the next version with a lot of new features."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    liupingliuping Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Those waiting for something a little bit more may want to wait, however: IM+'s own application description says that this sale is part of a push "before we release the next version with a lot of new features."

That is exactly why you should NOT wait. Get it now for $.99. The upgrade will be free, but at that point the price will go back up...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    BeeJive is much better get that,
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    BeeJive is great actually.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    I paid $15.99 for Beejive and don't regret it at all.

Very solid application. When the app is closed it sends a push email to my mobilme account, notifying me someone had sent me a msg. You can also email yourself chat logs when they get too long.

They are actively updating it

One of the first apps I bought in the store.

I give it about 4.5 out of 5.