Apple releases iPhone Software 3.0

Comments

• Reply 101 of 380
    kavlo26kavlo26 Posts: 10member
    oh, i m upgrading regardless of that, I was just wondering if that feature was there. haha.
  • Reply 102 of 380
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    This is sure taking its time. Bar is just now about 80% through.

I hope that's the last cycle to this.

Some people seem to have a faster experience. I wonder if everyone has had this last bar appear.
  • Reply 103 of 380
    All of my apps seem to run more quickly and smoothly. The spotlight search even goes through archived mail on my synched gmail account. This is a significant update.

The only problem is that I can't find the setting menu to show battery life as a percentage rather than an icon.
  • Reply 104 of 380
    Basically... it's like shuffling through your playlist randomly

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlashmanBurgess View Post

Shaking changes the song in shuffle mode I presume.

• Reply 105 of 380
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Has anyone tried tethering via AT&T. It's still working on the GM builds of 7a341.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

The correct build is 7A341.

That certainly sounds better.
  • Reply 106 of 380
    roos24roos24 Posts: 170member
    I don't see the battery charge in %; I thought this was part of version 3.0?
  • Reply 107 of 380
    citycity Posts: 522member
    My emoticans are still there!
  • Reply 108 of 380
    I believe the battery life percentage is a 3GS feature

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roos24 View Post

I don't see the battery charge in %; I thought this was part of version 3.0?

• Reply 109 of 380
    icarbonicarbon Posts: 196member
    Watching the phone while this goes on is nerve-wracking...
  • Reply 110 of 380
    Spotlight does not seem to search the "note" section of the Contacts address book. It's able to search all the Notes files for all words but not in Address book. Nor can it search out a phone number that's in your Contacts list. Lame. Damn it.
  • Reply 111 of 380
    It finished as I walked out of the room.

Wow! It started the download about 1:11 PM. This took a long time.

Now I hope it worked!
  • Reply 112 of 380
    The Notes sync wasn't working for me no matter how many times I checked the setting on and synced it, it would just turn off again. I just had to disconnect the iPod from the cable and reconnect it to iTunes and then it worked.
  • Reply 113 of 380
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Copy/paste works nicely. MMS works very well, looks great.

(with Rogers in Canada.)
  • Reply 114 of 380
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brownbearart View Post

The Notes sync wasn't working for me no matter how many times I checked the setting on and synced it, it would just turn off again. I just had to disconnect the iPod from the cable and reconnect it to iTunes and then it worked.

Open Mail, then click on Notes from the toolbar. It should show up.
  • Reply 115 of 380
    Shake to Shuffle: Give iPhone a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library.

Shaking your iPod-- it's not just for killing babies!
  • Reply 116 of 380
    My calenders finally have the same colours on my phone and in iCal....
  • Reply 117 of 380
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

... That certainly sounds better.

I just tried "Find My iPhone" which seems to work fine but of course it can't find the phone if it's indoors (another kind of "doh!" situation which if I thought about it before hand would have been obvious also). So a word to all iPhone thieves, if you keep it at home you can probably get away with it.

Interestingly, I went outside and did a specific "find me" using the Google maps app at the same time that my computer back in my office was trying to locate the phone and it didn't help at all. So it seems like there is no communication between those two things, although I'm not sure there should be.
  • Reply 118 of 380
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

Do you know what a forum troll is?

Do you know what a Moderator is? Move along, noob.
  • Reply 119 of 380
    whats the final verdict on the build number?
  • Reply 120 of 380
    Everything seems ok so far.

One thing odd is that when I looked for my programs, all I saw was the first screen with the new voice memos. The second screen showed City transit, but that's all. At first, It looked at though the other programs were gone, but the pages were still showing at the bottom, so i flicked, and they are there. It seems to have moved everything back one whole page, so now I've got to move them all back. Groan, that's six pages of apps!

I also don't see the numeric battery level, and no options available. My battery is fully charged. Is it possible that numbers only show up as it gets drained?