Snow Leopard gets richer, thinner, cheaper than Windows 7

14567810»

Comments

  • Reply 181 of 190
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    @ kaiwai,



    I know he was insensitive about NZ, but your post is now a personal attack. JeffDM, a moderator, as already made a comment here so you might want to tone it back lest ye be banned.



    If you have to attack a poster, AppleInsider has setup 2 bots for that. One is called Teckdud the other Seahawk Fan. You know they’re bots because of their nonsensical postings. Only poorly written AI could responsible for their logic algorithms.
  • Reply 182 of 190
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaiwai View Post


    Nice to see you're ignoring the original post I replied to - but hey, that would mean you actually doing your job as a moderator and following the complete chain of replies rather than just the reply YOU want to focus on.



    I was, at least as far back as the post referral links go anyway. So far that I see, you're just overreacting. You may not realize it, but it's not just one post on your part. It's a repetitive act in more than one thread and more than one thread sub-discussion against more than one person.



    Also, you're assuming a bit much of the nationality of certain people. Maybe you should back off on those assumptions, last I recall, you have it wrong on at least one person. If you're just looking to lash out at people, please go to some other site instead.
  • Reply 183 of 190
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    I was, at least as far back as the post referral links go anyway. So far that I see, you're just overreacting. You may not realize it, but it's not just one post on your part. It's a repetitive act in more than one thread and more than one thread sub-discussion against more than one person.



    It isn't an over reaction when people make comments so stupid and lacking in content it makes my head hurt. If you've got a problem with something - constructively lay out why it isn't a good product or a good idea - simply spewing half baked opinions is just as bad as my backlash against that stupidity.



    Tell me how this post is remotely useful to the discussion:



    Quote:

    First: how you know that Snow Leopard will be cheaper than Windows 7? When you buy a new PC you will get a FREE upgrade to 7 soon. And even owners of old PCs can buy 7 and improve their system without buying new hardware. Snow Leopard only runs on the newest hardware (as you mentioned).



    Factually inaccurate, hyperbole ridden and to top it off - he is a one post wonder who makes a single post then runs off; of what benefit is his post to the over all discussion on the topic in the original article?



    Quote:

    Also, you're assuming a bit much of the nationality of certain people. Maybe you should back off on those assumptions, last I recall, you have it wrong on at least one person. If you're just looking to lash out at people, please go to some other site instead.



    How is it my fault that there are cowards who fail to put their location in their profile?



    The attack against the 'pornographic' whine was because his post was pathetic and childish - if we're meant to be adults, maybe people like that can grow up and start acting like an adult instead of whinging and whining on trivial matters like flippant turn of phrases.



    I lose my cool, not over swearing, different opinions or rude jokes - I lose my cool when people act like morons and then try to arrogantly support something that is for all intents and purposes a moronic post.
  • Reply 184 of 190
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    @ kaiwai,



    I know he was insensitive about NZ, but your post is now a personal attack. JeffDM, a moderator, as already made a comment here so you might want to tone it back lest ye be banned.



    If you have to attack a poster, AppleInsider has setup 2 bots for that. One is called Teckdud the other Seahawk Fan. You know they?re bots because of their nonsensical postings. Only poorly written AI could responsible for their logic algorithms.



    Mate, this is what I wrote:



    Quote:

    F ASLR anything like it was in Leopard - it is of a very basic nature and not a system wide function - its a shame that Apple provides a lot of great features but doesn't utilise them in their own software. Sandboxing would be a great way to secure Quicktime and Safari when coupled with ASLR - something Apple has failed to do.



    and this is what he posted in reply to it:



    Quote:

    Yes, because you know better than apple engineers... do they even have universities in New Zeland?



    A completely pointless post that makes absolutely no attempt to address where I am wrong in my original statement. If it were an attack followed by a critique of where I went wrong - then I wouldn't care. The problem is that Tauron didn't even try and address where my hypothesis is wrong.
  • Reply 185 of 190
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaiwai View Post


    A completely pointless post that makes absolutely no attempt to address where I am wrong in my original statement. If it were an attack followed by a critique of where I went wrong - then I wouldn't care. The problem is that Tauron didn't even try and address where my hypothesis is wrong.



    I understand and agree with your statement that you quoted above. I think further sandboxing will happen in Safari in a future build, but your post went to another level. If the mods let Teckstud and Seahawk Fan post here with senseless prattle that speak in absolutes without ever addressing the argument there is no way that Tauron’s comments will be ever be flagged.



    Does it affect the readability of board? Sure, but so does calling people dickheads and saying people who don’t post their locations are cowards doesn’t help your argument.
  • Reply 186 of 190
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    I understand and agree with your statement that you quoted above. I think further sandboxing will happen in Safari in a future build, but your post went to another level. If the mods let Teckstud and Seahawk Fan post here with senseless prattle that speak in absolutes without ever addressing the argument there is no way that Tauron?s comments will be ever be flagged.



    I don't flag people because it is nothing short of censorship - I'd sooner show them for the idiots that they are than given them the gratification of knowing that through having their posts removed that it proves their credibility.



    Quote:

    Does it affect the readability of board? Sure, but so does calling people dickheads and saying people who don?t post their locations are cowards doesn?t help your argument.



    They are cowards; put the nation you reside in, then the person reading can understand what vantage point the post is being written from.
  • Reply 187 of 190
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaiwai View Post


    The attack against the 'pornographic' whine was because his post was pathetic and childish - if we're meant to be adults, maybe people like that can grow up and start acting like an adult instead of whinging and whining on trivial matters like flippant turn of phrases.



    I lose my cool, not over swearing, different opinions or rude jokes - I lose my cool when people act like morons and then try to arrogantly support something that is for all intents and purposes a moronic post.



    Pot. Kettle. Black. The problem is that you don't realize you're being childish by resorting to repetitive name calling. Also, name calling means you've lost your argument.



    You talk about someone not filling in their profile, but there's no rule about that. There is a rule about name calling and ad-hominem attacks. If you don't want to consider complying with the board's rules then forget it.
  • Reply 188 of 190
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,551member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bourgoises Pig View Post


    I am still waiting for the Apple equivalent of Norton Ghost. I want to backup/restore 10+ machines at the same time.



    In a corporate environment, why would you want to back up a machine? Backing up data maybe, but what's the point of backing up a machine?



    As for imaging, Apple has their solution (netinstall) and it works well:



    http://www.apple.com/business/solutions/it/client.html



    Was certainly easier to get going then Microsoft's Business Desktop Deployment toolkit...



    Quote:

    What? MacIntoshes have no GUI utility to easily manage/copy default user profiles? Why not?



    look at workgroup manager in the above URL



    Quote:

    Is Apple afraid to enter the mail server area,



    Why bother? It's already saturated. Embrace and extend



    Quote:

    as Microsoft could easily kill Apple corporate and higher education sales by halting all future releases of MS Office for the Mac?



    Might be the other way around. Check out symphony It's even available for the Mac.



    Quote:

    I am sure there are other significant shortcomings of Macs in the office that Apple should address. Please feel free to add to this wish list......



    I dunno, we have integrated ours into Active Directory pretty easily. They see Windows file and print servers with no issue. They are far easier to image and configure in a standard manner. Policy is easier to enforce, and it enforces far more consistently then the Windows computers. There are usable logs to figure out where things go awry on the rare occasion they screw up.



    Mac's make excellent corporate citizens. Could some things improve? Sure - but it's not all a bed of roses in a pure MS shop either so I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove - no one out there is perfect. Some are close then others, tho
  • Reply 189 of 190
    illenillen Posts: 2member
    I think so, may our mac users are expecting snow leopard.
  • Reply 190 of 190
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,737member
    Making an entry into the corporate domain is not a joke. Apple knows what they are good at and they are focusing on it. They are making a good living without having to go the corporate way. The iPhone is a good entry into the corporate domain. Why does it always have to be servers, etc.?
Sign In or Register to comment.