Google Chrome browser beta coming to Mac in December

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Google is currently planning a beta launch of its Chrome Web browser for Mac OS X in December. Nick Baum, product manager for Chrome, gave the details in a post on the Google Groups page for browser extensions. The post encouraged developers to update their extensions to take advantage of the new Chrome user interface.

"Why make the switch now? The earlier you switch, the more time you will have to polish your experience for our Beta launch in early December," Baum said. "We realize this means dropping Mac support for a couple of weeks, but we already have people working on that. If you prioritize the Windows and Linux versions, we'll bring you cross-platform parity as soon as we can!"

In October, Google Chrome for Mac released the status of developer preview. The new version added QuickTime and printing compatibility.

Company officials had previously said they hope to release a final version of Chrome for Mac by the end of 2009. Currently, the Webkit-based browser is only available as a test version for developers, even though three versions of it have already been released on Windows.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm not a developer but im using google chrome beta for mac right now.. im very impressed and it has been working great for me. Its actually my main browser, safari just isnt that impressive for me in terms of speed, it tends to lag and not load pages that nicely. Cant wait for a chrome final release.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I agree that Chrome for Mac is quick. I use it everyday to stumble around. Safari is still my main browser though, but that December release may be a serious contender.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I used it, but went back to Safari. It's not bad though.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I don't get it. I've had the beta (Mac) for 6 months or so... How is this new?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Hi There!

Im Jonald!

Im new in this forum!

Sorry but I have no Idea on that topic!

I hope I can have more friends here!

Keep on posting Guys!...

Thanks!

Good Luck!...