High-quality unboxing photos of Apple's new iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    veblenveblen Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

I've had a problem similar to this where I couldn't move .MOV movies from my Panasonic camera to my iPhone (through iTunes). I hope Apple do sort this out, because it would be a hassle converting all my videos just to play them on another device.

To veblen, are you saying there's now backgrounding for non-core apps? Finally!

The MLB app lets you background the audio in safari. After you select a game for audio it presents you with a quicktime icon which launches safari and directs you to a url. You select a play game audio button and the game audio commences. The webpage has another button which returns you to the MLB app. Usually I just home button out and go about other tasks with the game playing. I think pandora and aol radio don't use the background in safari functionality because it takes away the ease of purchasing the track you are listening to.
  • Reply 42 of 58
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Do Want!

No release date for the WiFi+3G in Japan yet <- will mention in every post until they do

Why don't you hold your breath instead?
  • Reply 43 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fast Fred 1 View Post

Toyota started to do that..but they had to put the brakes on that idea.

Yeah, and for once the brakes actually worked.
  • Reply 44 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Completely unrelated to this unboxing thread.

Random and unrelated again.

Why are you here, really? Don't answer cause the answer is you're here to distract.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I think we all know this isn't an actual concern of yours. It's just more fluff because you're bitter that a previous account of yours was banned.

You, masquerading as a "concerned consumer!" LOL!!

"Should we take more care than normal with the device?" Priceless!

I wish you two would give it a rest instead of hijacking this thread. I don't know the poster's history, and I don't care. Fact is, he hasn't done anything in this thread to be criticized for, whereas you two are very annoying.

Now you'll probably accuse me of being another alias for him. Chill out, and drop it for now, alright? When there's an actual violation, you can pounce on it then..
  • Reply 45 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I'm writing this on our 16gb iPad and it is great. The screen is perfect, I even had to bump down t

He brightness a bit. Outside there was barely any glare. The inernet is awesome on this thing. I can type almost as fast as on a real keyboard. One word: awesome.

Have you tried any streaming sites? I'm a huge NASCAR fan and I can't wait to use an iPad to get the streaming Raceview that NASCAR broadcasts during each week's race. Raceview gives you the driver's view and crew comments (audio from driver to crew-chief) for your favorite driver as well as many more stats and race visualizations. Right now I use my MBP on the couch next to me during the race but it will be suweeet to use the iPad instead.
  • Reply 46 of 58
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

How is the screen? Does the glass seem thick? Knock on it a few times, is it solid or thin?

Does it seem to bend in the middle if you press it?

Thanks.

Yes it feels rock solid. No flex that I can feel.
  • Reply 47 of 58
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    We got this model for testing, to try out the platform. I won't be putting much music on it right now and it'll be a mail and browsing appliance for now. But some of these apps are beautiful. Epicurious for one, the Adobe Ideas app is pretty slick too.
  • Reply 48 of 58
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Nothing better than buying a new toy and finding it so nicely packaged. It all adds to the excitement no end.
  • Reply 49 of 58
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I'm writing this on our 16gb iPad and it is great. The screen is perfect, I even had to bump down t

He brightness a bit. Outside there was barely any glare. The inernet is awesome on this thing. I can type almost as fast as on a real keyboard. One word: awesome.

Very nice! Enjoy!
  • Reply 50 of 58
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Very nice! Enjoy!

I was watching some really young kid type on one at at an Apple store today. He was absoulutly flying. I mean much faster than I can type on a regular keyboard (and I'm not bad).

Makes me laugh at the fudsters who were saying Apple didn't show anyone typing on it in the iPad commercial because "it's Hell to type on"
  • Reply 51 of 58
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

I was watching some really young kid type on one at at an Apple store today. He was absoulutly flying. I mean much faster than I can type on a regular keyboard (and I'm not bad).

Makes me laugh at the fudsters who were saying Apple didn't show anyone typing on it in the iPad commercial because "it's Hell to type on"

Mmmm... I'm amazed at even MY efficiency on the iPhone at typing (and I probably AM a fudster)!
  • Reply 52 of 58
    nofear1aznofear1az Posts: 209member
    No problems typing on it here.... I find the keyboard pretty good for a soft keyboard.

IPad

"I'm loving it"
  • Reply 53 of 58
    daabidodaabido Posts: 26member
    Would someone be able to post the dimensions of the box the iPad box came in?

I'm thinking of ordering one for use here in Australia and I need to know the dimensions of the outer box so I can work out the DHL shipping costs.

Thanks in advance.
  • Reply 54 of 58
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    What do you mean by this? Can I use the bluetooth keyboard that is already married to my Mac Pro? Or do I have to have a different bluetooth keyboard - I do have others if necessary - dedicated to the Pad?

Great Pics. Thanks for such a comprehensive and well shot set.
  • Reply 55 of 58
    stustu Posts: 11member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Notice the packaging is super duty and also the glue on the circuit board is extra strength. (from another article)

Could it be the iPad is a bit vulnerable to shock?

Should we take more care than normal with the device?

In an interview with S Fry, Ive said they designed it thus because they expect it to be thrown around more than a laptop. i.e. if anything, you can take less care than normal with it.

Quote:

"It's made for people to chuck onto the car seat and thrust into luggage without thinking. It's not to be delicate with.

Read more @ bottom of page 3: http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...#ixzz0k8d5OMcO
  • Reply 56 of 58
    iphoniaciphoniac Posts: 23member
    I use a flash blocker on my MBP and AI articles load with blocked flash ads, so I would assume AI uses flash ads. Then, looking at the second to last photo of the iPad, in which it features the web app with an AI article up, the ads seems to be supported in the web app...are the ads just optimized for the iPad, is that actually flash, what?s the deal?
  • Reply 57 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daabido View Post

Would someone be able to post the dimensions of the box the iPad box came in?

I'm thinking of ordering one for use here in Australia and I need to know the dimensions of the outer box so I can work out the DHL shipping costs.

Thanks in advance.

11" x 10" x 4" , weight 3.1 lbs

But that is just the iPad box itself. You gonna need a brown protecting box, just like shown in the pictures, and I guess those are 14" x 12" x 6" give or take.

Mine is on its way to Belgium Can't wait!!!!!
  • Reply 58 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eulerphi View Post

Have you tried any streaming sites? I'm a huge NASCAR fan and I can't wait to use an iPad to get the streaming Raceview that NASCAR broadcasts during each week's race. Raceview gives you the driver's view and crew comments (audio from driver to crew-chief) for your favorite driver as well as many more stats and race visualizations. Right now I use my MBP on the couch next to me during the race but it will be suweeet to use the iPad instead.

Anyone know if this works? I too am looking at the iPad for this same reason. It utilizes a java applet I think...