Picture of iPhone 4G with white front panel surfaces

Comments

• Reply 61 of 116
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacHarborGuy View Post

That was another guy who replied to you, not me. Keep track of who's talking to you

In your defense, you did word it as a question. However does read rhetorical and you doesn't give any leeway or reason why 'all' would be in agreement.

Quote:

And BTW, when I copied the URL from its original website, the image appeared to be sized reasonably. Did not know it was that big until after the post, and even still, it looked fine on my monitor (I have a 1600px wide display)

Your monitor's resolution isn't necessarily the same across all systems. Forum etiquette would have you post a link to a larger image instead of using markup to post the image itself. One reason is formatting of a larger image. The other is the additional download size of a larger image. Not everyone has fast downloads or unlimited bandwidth. As seen in this very thread I opted to include a link to a large image instead of the image itself.
  • Reply 62 of 116
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

but as many do, I have another program open at the same time. So a wide image requires us to open the window up to see all of it, or to slide it over. Its not a criticism, just a suggestion for the future.

or that you need a larger screen.

just sayin
  • Reply 63 of 116
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,553member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

or that you need a larger screen.

just sayin

Smartass, did you read what I said? My monitor goes to 1920 cross. How big is yours?
  • Reply 64 of 116
    Quote:

Smartass, did you read what I said? My monitor goes to 1920 cross. How big is yours?

I'm on my iPhone, but 1600 and I haVe no problem.
  • Reply 65 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Assuming something, knowing it and seeing it are very different.

By your argument AI shouldn't post about the G5 iPhone next year with four previous years of iPhones being released. It's only a story if Apple stops making iPhones. Nor should they post about the incremental changes their products receive periodically.

There is somewhat of a gap between not reporting anything on a product and reporting the fact that it would appear that the iPhone will come in the same colors as last time. Having said that, I was just using sarcasm to provide some light humor. Sorry that you didn't get it.
  • Reply 66 of 116
    dickdick Posts: 7member
    I'd like to see new choices in colors. However, I don't agree with the whole colored bezel thing though, maybe only a colored back. I don't know about you but I won't accept anything other than a black bezel. Anything too bright or white around the edge of my screen just acts as a distraction for my eyes.

Hard to explain. A black bezel is good because it's calm, it's like looking into space, or closing your eyes. Would it be more distracting if when you closed your eyes you see a calm pitch black, or a bright white?

Just want to know your thoughts on this. I've always had a problem with apple's 'antiglare' silver bezel displays. It's real distracting. I might just be fussy though, If most people don't mind this I think it will sell well.
  • Reply 67 of 116
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:

so are we in agreement that this iPhone looks like the PSP?

What are you thinking?
  • Reply 68 of 116
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I just want it to work with my existing docks.

btw it looks nothing whatsoever like a PSP, a PSP looks like the new black Wii.
  • Reply 69 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

What are you thinking?

who knows- both are black and roughy rectangular, both have a screen. That's all I'm seeing
  • Reply 70 of 116
    Quote:

so are we in agreement that this iPhone looks like the PSP?

Uh, to the extent that a Porsche 911 looks like a Yugo, sure. Which is to say, not really.

Gordon
  • Reply 71 of 116
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,974member
    Look, I know this ain't gonna happen, but wouldn't be cool if all this was Steve's little joke? He comes out on June 7 and with a straight face introduces the new iPhone, and it looks NOTHING like any of these leaked images and lost prototypes? The whole thing was a total red herring put-on.

I can dream, can't I?
  • Reply 72 of 116
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulSorensen View Post

There is somewhat of a gap between not reporting anything on a product and reporting the fact that it would appear that the iPhone will come in the same colors as last time. Having said that, I was just using sarcasm to provide some light humor. Sorry that you didn't get it.

Thanks for linking to a definition of sarcasm, because not getting it is the same as not understanding what it is¡ (see what I did there? )
  • Reply 73 of 116
    Quote:

Thanks for linking to a definition of sarcasm, because not getting it is the same as not understand what it is¡ (see what I did there?)

Booyaah! Remind me not to get into any slap fights with you.
  • Reply 74 of 116
    macosxpmacosxp Posts: 152member
    I think a flat back and something other than a completely solid-black front is signaling a new style in Apple's future. Hopefully something with more anti-reflect screens.
  • Reply 75 of 116
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Whether or not this photo is real, the iPhone needs a trackpad (or trackball)...
  • Reply 76 of 116
    Quote:

Thanks for linking to a definition of sarcasm, because not getting it is the same as not understanding what it is¡ (see what I did there? )

touché
  • Reply 77 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Whether or not this photo is real, the iPhone needs a trackpad (or trackball)...

I keep looking for that Ethiopian sarcasm mark here, but I just don't see it.
  • Reply 78 of 116
    Quote:

You were expecting us to all agree with you. You even expressed that. I don't. I made it clear that "I" think it doesn't look anything like it. I still don't. Obviously, they both have a somewhat similar shape in that they're flat, with somewhat rounded ends. But that would have to be. You might as well say that most smartphones look like the iPhone too. But they don't look the same because the PSP is more complex in its design, with a lot more buttons on the front, and it's much larger.

It's like saying that most cars look alike, and trucks, and airplanes.

Don't be so touchy. If you express an opinion, there's a good change that some will disagree with you emphatically, some much more nastily than I did, which wasn't nastily at all.

Wow. You just really have to pick an argument or a fight EVERY time you come on, don't you?

Just....wow.
  • Reply 79 of 116
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:

By your argument AI shouldn't post about the G5 iPhone next year with four previous years of iPhones being released.

Hmm I wonder if IBM could create G5 chips that were cool enough to even think about using in a phone nowadays heh. Yes I know you meant 5th gen and that the power requirements even for a process shrunk G5 would be much higher than desired for the embedded market. Just a fun thought
  • Reply 80 of 116
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    From a Gizmodo commenter: