Australia's Telstra awards iPhone 4 "Blue Tick" for superior reception

Comments

• Reply 61 of 84
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celco View Post

Actually you have no idea. Australian Telcos suck. Ask any aussie. Telstra is the worst and their ex ceo once told the media that they the iphone would fail and Apple should stick to their knitting. Screw Telstra.The coverage is a joke and of you think 100.00pm for a download limit of 30gb per month is good I also have some nice beachfront property I would like to sell you near ayers rock.

i haven't ever been a fan of telstra, especially when they do things such as count uploads in your broadband cap. when the iphone originally came out, sol trujillo made that infamous comment about apple should stick to what they know, and telstra's offerings were abysmal. now, however, the new ceo is apparently a mac user and they are very competitive with the other carriers, eg: $49 ($400 calls, sms etc) + 1gb = $58.50. considering the superior network they have, it's got me thinking of jumping over to them for iPhone 5...
  • Reply 62 of 84
    mh01mh01 Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

Too bad that some of these new reports couldn't have come out sooner to quell some of the furor. This helps balance the situation and speaks to what Steve J. said at his briefing regarding the 'problems'.

ummmm, The title of this Story is missing one important, though very substantial fact, the test was carried out with a Bumper. A huge difference to Apples initial stance of there being no issue at all and then giving out Bumpers for the non existant issue.

And Franky Telstra are just kissing ass.
  • Reply 63 of 84
    samanjjsamanjj Posts: 47member
    Loving my new iPhone 4 and agree that so far that the antena issue is a US only one. I am on Telstra and have amazing reception all day around Sydney.
  • Reply 64 of 84
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Question
    : Are you currently residing/using your iPhone 4 in Australia?

I only ask because this article originates directly from Australian mobile provider Telstra, and clearly states that the, "iPhone 4 launches in Australia tomorrow"... Hmmm?

Unfortunately, you live in your own world and the time you posted this it was 30th June in Australia. Remember Australia is in Southern hemisphere pass Indonesia, just 2-3hrs before New Zealand.

As for posting pictures of your so called Apple gear, sorry mate, does not mean a thing and is actually pathetic.
  • Reply 65 of 84
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Remember Australia is in Southern hemisphere pass Indonesia, just 2-3hrs before New Zealand.

They are after NZ, not before.
  • Reply 66 of 84
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

Loving my new iPhone 4 and agree that so far that the antena issue is a US only one. I am on Telstra and have amazing reception all day around Sydney.

Nope, it's happening here in New Zealand as well. Check out the iPhone forum of GeekZone for owner feedback on the iP4.
  • Reply 67 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

They are after NZ, not before.

Look on map before commenting mate. Coming from India by air, you pass alll the Asean countries and Indonesia is only 2hrs to Australia (Perth) and (Perth to Sydney is 5-6hrs) from Sydney 2-3hr fly to New Zealand.

This will help you are: http://maps.google.co.in/maps?client...ed=0CCQQ8gEwAA
  • Reply 68 of 84
    lowededwookielowededwookie Posts: 1,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Just Curious: Where in Australia do you live, and how were you fortunate enough to get the iPhone on Telstra's network a day before its release?

You've heard of datelines haven't you?

Australia is ahead of America by a considerable margin and New Zealand is ahead of Australia by two hours.
  • Reply 69 of 84
    Quote:

Look on map before commenting mate. Coming from India by air, you pass alll the Asean countries and Indonesia is only 2hrs to Australia (Perth) and (Perth to Sydney is 5-6hrs) from Sydney 2-3hr fly to New Zealand.

This will help you are: http://maps.google.co.in/maps?client...ed=0CCQQ8gEwAA

I know the location of New Zealand, and I know the location of the west island. Time wise Australia is at least 2 hours behind New Zealand. If you were indicating travelling time you should have mentioned travelling time in your messages, the way you wrote it referred to general time.
  • Reply 70 of 84
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Two hours?

That's enough time for the Wallabies to win the first game of the Bledisloe, which will be kicking off shortly.

GO WALLABIES

hmmm... green and gold don't work too well.

Quote:

I know the location of New Zealand, and I know the location of the west island. Time wise Australia is at least 2 hours behind New Zealand. If you were indicating travelling time you should have mentioned travelling time in your messages, the way you wrote it referred to general time.

• Reply 71 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Two hours?

That's enough time for the Wallabies to win the first game of the Bledisloe, which will be kicking off shortly.

So how'd that Bledisloe win work out for ya?

No, no Chopper. Be nice.

The Wannabes did well in the second half, especially having been relegated to 14 men by the actions of that twerp Drew Mitchell. What a pillock. Cost Oz the game I reckon.

And Pocock played a blinder. Fantastic work on the fringes and breakdown. A star player by anyone's standards.

But the ABs are still the form side, as usual peaking too early for the RWC though. Sigh.

It was everything a rugby fan could hope for in a game, with an absolute feast of running rugby. I can only wish I'd been in Melborne for that clash. Still, I recorded it for posterity.

Now, on to Christchurch for the return bout. Woohoo Southern hemisphere rugby.
  • Reply 72 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enzos View Post

I'll be back to brag big-time if the Aussies win... otherwise I'll just slope off, not look and say nothing.

Cheers mate

So not a lot of bragging I suspect, and maybe not a lot of fronting up then?

Never mind. There's always Christchurch next week.

Cheers.

Chopper.
  • Reply 73 of 84
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

So not a lot of bragging I suspect, and maybe not a lot of fronting up then?

Never mind. There's always Christchurch next week.

Cheers.

Chopper.

not much to cheer about after the 1st charge down and try, although we did well with 14 on the park for 35mins. pretty amazing to have 2 charge downs and tries in 2 minutes! as always it's hard for us to score against you lot, but we let you in too easily - combination of us missing tackles and you being hard to tackle. the AB's continuity is difficult to break.

now to watch the replay coming up soon, clear up some things i missed during the game. ah well, theres 3 more games to come...
  • Reply 74 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

not much to cheer about after the 1st charge down and try, although we did well with 14 on the park for 35mins. pretty amazing to have 2 charge downs and tries in 2 minutes! as always it's hard for us to score against you lot, but we let you in too easily - combination of us missing tackles and you being hard to tackle. the AB's continuity is difficult to break.

now to watch the replay coming up soon, clear up some things i missed during the game. ah well, theres 3 more games to come...

Genia wasn't up to his usual standard for this clash. He's a definite game maker and worthy successor to Gregan, but didn't appear to fire. Giteau was a great competitor as always and I thought Pocock was brilliant. I think he managed 4 turnovers and was more than a match for Richie in the loose in this game.

The rest of the team seemed flat in the first half but that was fixed big time in the second. So Rocky was right to feel a bit cheated. They were a better team than the results showed and Drew Mitchell deserves much of the blame for that. Wonder if Digger'll start him next week?

Having said all that but, we deserved the win. Just not the scoreline.

BTW, made $20 at the TAB for the points spread.
  • Reply 75 of 84
    Quote:

Fair enough, but I did say just pass Indonesia 2-3hrs before New Zealand, so there was no need to say travel time because that was self explanatory. The only way Australia can be after Indonesia and before NZ is traveling from Indonesia to Australia before NZ.

I think you jumped the gun in terms of a reply.

West Island??? Are you talking about West Island that is the capital of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands one of Australia's territories?
  • Reply 76 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Two hours?

GO WALLABIES

hmmm... green and gold don't work too well.

Not rub salt in the wound BUT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/8857668.stm
  • Reply 77 of 84
    Quote:

West Island??? Are you talking about West Island that is the capital of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands one of Australia's territories?

New Zealand's west island is sometimes referred to by the name "Australia"
  • Reply 78 of 84
    Quote:

New Zealand's west island is sometimes referred to by the name "Australia"

New Zealand never had 'west island' so not sure what you are talking about. There is South and North Islands to New Zealand, but not west!

Referring to Australia, then you do not know the history of Australia and New Zealand.
  • Reply 79 of 84
    Quote:

New Zealand never had 'west island' so not sure what you are talking about. There is South and North Islands to New Zealand, but not west!

Referring to Australia, then you do not know the history of Australia and New Zealand.

Thanks for the geography lesson, it is good to get some knowledge of the country I live in, I wouldn't have known any of that.

Here is a couple of links for you, please read them, in the second link, please refer to the definition of "West Island"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_words

I apologise for assuming that someone outside of New Zealand would understand a local joke.
  • Reply 80 of 84
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

Thanks for the geography lesson, it is good to get some knowledge of the country I live in, I wouldn't have known any of that.

Here is a couple of links for you, please read them, in the second link, please refer to the definition of "West Island"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_words

I apologise for assuming that someone outside of New Zealand would understand a local joke.

I've lived in Australia for about 6 years previously and never heard of "West Island". Then again I only met kiwis when they came out to the pubs whenever the All Blacks were playing...