Take a number: Steve Jobs turned away from busy San Fran pizzeria

Comments

• Reply 181 of 249
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

He did get to jump to the head of the kidney transplant line right?

I don?t recall that being the case. I thought the only benefit of his wealth was having a jet on standby to whisk him to wherever he?d need to be at a moment?s notice.
  • Reply 182 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I don?t recall that being the case. I thought the only benefit of his wealth was having a jet on standby to whisk him to wherever he?d need to be at a moment?s notice.

I thought they sent him to Tenn to get the transplant done while pushing him up the list. I could be wrong but I thought this was the case.
  • Reply 183 of 249
    luisdiasluisdias Posts: 277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

And how's that working out for you?

I'm actually a professional in this matter. Learn your place.

Quote:

Likely for the same reason someone would spend so much time "combating the sheer ignorance of the people that apparently have too many opinions for their own sake".

Dunno???

For exactly the opposite reason.
  • Reply 184 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

I thought they sent him to Tenn to get the transplant done while pushing him up the list. I could be wrong but I thought this was the case.

From Fortune it sounds like he went to a place with a shorter waiting list. I know they have review boards and I guess he could have greased some palms to be pushed through faster but I can?t find any evidence of that.
  • Reply 185 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jkirk3279 View Post

Steve is a vegetarian ... which rules out pepperoni. Broccoli pizza ... yum.

Nope, SJ is a vegan ... big difference -> no meat, dairy products, eggs etc. Looking at the online menu for this place I don't see any vegan meals ... so why would SJ be trying to eat a place that doesn't cater for his diet?
  • Reply 186 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

Jobs is married right?

Who was his "companion?"

Hopefully not that young girl next to him.

I was thinking that, it actually looks in the photo likes hes holding hands with her. Sure its just the angle of the camera.
  • Reply 187 of 249
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 4,014member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

I'm actually a professional in this matter. Learn your place.

Pause and silence as we all bow down. Posting of his verifiable credentials and job experience to follow I hope. Let's hope it's at least 20 years full time experience in photo analysis for the CIA. Anything much less compelling and I think I'll assume my place is correct, thank you very much.
  • Reply 188 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nz_silverfox View Post

Nope, SJ is a vegan ... big difference -> no meat, dairy products, eggs etc. Looking at the online menu for this place I don't see any vegan meals ... so why would SJ be trying to eat a place that doesn't cater for his diet?

1) it?s not uncommon for restaurants to have alternate menu options for those with particular diets.

2) It?s not uncommon for restaurants to allow customers to substitute items, or pizzerias to make your own pie.

3) Could Steve?s doctor told him he needs to alter his diet to maintain his weight?
  • Reply 189 of 249
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 4,014member
    BTW, what happened to Street View on Google. Used to work splendidly on Maps app on iPhone, now seems absent. The version online just gives a tiny thumbnail that is barely discernible with no way I can find to expand. Would love to verify the source of that that one big anomalous shadow that I've been arguing about all day. Any help?
  • Reply 190 of 249
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Mystery solved. The hotly debated shadow anomalies are obviously a result of the solar flare activity. QED.

No no... no need to thank me. Happy to bring closure to such an important issue.
  • Reply 191 of 249
    luisdiasluisdias Posts: 277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Pause and silence as we all bow down. Posting of his verifiable credentials and job experience to follow I hope. Let's hope it's at least 20 years full time experience in photo analysis for the CIA. Anything much less compelling and I think I'll assume my place is correct, thank you very much.

Bow down, crude mortal, to your knees, for before you lies your GOD of photoshop and image manipulation.
  • Reply 192 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) it’s not uncommon for restaurants to have alternate menu options for those with particular diets.

2) It’s not uncommon for restaurants to allow customers to substitute items, or pizzerias to make your own pie.

3) Could Steve’s doctor told him he needs to alter his diet to maintain his weight?

I would tend to agree with you, however, some of the most common reasons for becoming a vegan are ethical commitment or moral conviction concerning animal rights or welfare, the environment, and spiritual or religious beliefs. I believe SJ become a vegan due to his spiritual beliefs, so would only change his diet to suit all the requirements of a vegan.

Not only is cheese-free pizza and egg-free pasta (not using any milk I might add) a little difficult, it must be prepared using utensils, pots, pans etc that have never touched any animal products it must also be cooked in ovens that also has not cooked meat.

It looks like this place prides itself on "salami (that) is made in house, most of our meat comes from whole animals (which we butcher ourselves and utilize in their entirety)" so would be a bit of a stretch to accommodate all the requirements of a vegan. But, hey, I could be wrong.
  • Reply 193 of 249
    deletedelete Posts: 48member
    And apparently he was booed on the way out by a few patrons who held up their newly nonfunctional 3G phones. One was heard to shout out "thanks for making my phone so magical".
  • Reply 194 of 249
    drowdrow Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Not only is cheese-free pizza and egg-free pasta (not using any milk I might add) a little difficult, it must be prepared using utensils, pots, pans etc that have never touched any animal products it must also be cooked in ovens that also has not cooked meat.

not all vegans are that obsessive.
  • Reply 195 of 249
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

I'm actually a professional in this matter.

You get paid to combat the sheer ignorance of the people that apparently have too many opinions for their own sake? That's what I quoted and what you responded to.

Quote:

Learn your place

Don't be a dick. Obviously you haven't learned your place or any common civility.

There are no requirements to be here except having access to a computer.

We both have a place here as long as there is at least a bit of respect.
  • Reply 196 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drow View Post

not all vegans are that obsessive.

It has been reported that SJ takes his vegan diet very seriously.
  • Reply 197 of 249
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EauVive View Post

La rue du Bluff, c'est dans quel arrondissement ?

That's why I will NEVER live in the US: you have so few good restaurants, and, consequently, the good ones are always crowded!

I must admit that when I went to France I was very impressed with the food (amongst other things). I thought that the French would screw up the pizza but it was some of the best I ever had.
  • Reply 198 of 249
    drowdrow Posts: 126member
    Quote:

It has been reported that SJ takes his vegan diet very seriously.

but the shadows were all wrong, so those reports are obviously fake.
  • Reply 199 of 249
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Jeez. When did AI turn into TMZ.com? Nuke this thread now, before it destroys the web site from within.
  • Reply 200 of 249
    iq78iq78 Posts: 256member
    These guys crack me up! I have never laughed harder in my life.

The frustration and comments are so phukin funny.

You have hundreds of brain dead, clueless phuks speaking jibber-jabber, and then two frustrated and completely correct dudes trying to relay some intelligence. It reminded me of the movie Idiocracy (or whatever it was called.)

** trust me folks, Drow & LuisDias are 100% correct and all other arguments (while totally funny... as in cartoon funny) are completely wrong.

I would try to explain why they are correct, but they have already done it.... so why bother.

This thread was one of the more funny threads I've read.

Thanks guys!

Okay I can't help myself:

The sun is far away you should not see angles in the shadows... they should look parallel.

Parallel lines always appear to converge towards the horizon (this is how the optics work in our eyes and cameras.) The fact that the street and buildings converge at a different location than the shadows indicate that the sun is not setting (or rising) due west (or east) as likely the streets are running (assumption on my part.)

The power lines shadows will not follow the same projection because the vertical component is small compared to the horizontal component.

Does this help? Probably not... But I tried. But I love all the arguments and certainty in them... they make me laugh and almost pee my pants.