New photos claim to show Apple's prototype CDMA Verizon iPhone

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post


    The flaw that kept Apple to only selling about 14 million iPhone 4's in the quarter (155,000 every day from July 1 through September 30) that they just reported the numbers for.



    ha ha .. Oh right, silly me I forgot. Yep it devastated sales for sure. Just as those gripping their fictitious iPhones and writing to every blog they could intended it should. Well done them. (joke ... as some seem to miss this at times)
  • Reply 21 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post


    The flaw that kept Apple to only selling about 14 million iPhone 4's in the quarter (155,000 every day from July 1 through September 30) that they just reported the numbers for.



    You say this as if it's a bad thing. Show me any 3-yr-old cell phone company with any two products that moves as many units combined. And by two I mean 3GS and 4 since Apple lumps the two together even though presumably the 4 is the most popular unit.



    Your assumption also assumes that the numbers reflect real demand/consumption in a saturated market when it seems to be constrained by limited supply. Given that current worldwide demand outstrips supply, one could make the argument that shipment numbers would have been higher had Apple been able to meet 100% of demand.



    And finally, the flaw you speak of is quite honestly limited only to those areas already in poor reception and it's a phenomenon not unique to the iPhone. So it just so happens that in the US, one of the iPhones largest markets, that AT&T has a lot of weak spots but that says nothing about any of the other 88 countries in which iPhone is sold where reception issues are less prevalent.



    Your field of view is so narrowly confined to unit shipments and the US market that I think you've really missed the big picture. Apple's having a great time selling iPhones and anything that expands their potential market (CDMA) will only help to drive even further growth.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elijahg View Post


    So what's to prove this isn't just a poorly photographed GSM iPhone 4, with an ad-hoc app running? I could take much better pictures of my iPhone 4 and claim it's a Verizon iPhone too! I think AI has been a little too gullible in believing this rumour.



    Can't a brutha just get a couple of extra "clicks" for a (likely) phony spy pic or two?
  • Reply 24 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingKuei View Post


    You say this as if it's a bad thing. Show me any 3-yr-old cell phone company with any two products that moves as many units combined. And by two I mean 3GS and 4 since Apple lumps the two together even though presumably the 4 is the most popular unit.



    Your assumption also assumes that the numbers reflect real demand/consumption in a saturated market when it seems to be constrained by limited supply. Given that current worldwide demand outstrips supply, one could make the argument that shipment numbers would have been higher had Apple been able to meet 100% of demand.



    And finally, the flaw you speak of is quite honestly limited only to those areas already in poor reception and it's a phenomenon not unique to the iPhone. So it just so happens that in the US, one of the iPhones largest markets, that AT&T has a lot of weak spots but that says nothing about any of the other 88 countries in which iPhone is sold where reception issues are less prevalent.



    Your field of view is so narrowly confined to unit shipments and the US market that I think you've really missed the big picture. Apple's having a great time selling iPhones and anything that expands their potential market (CDMA) will only help to drive even further growth.



    He was being sarcastic / humorous (I hope LOL)
  • Reply 25 of 52
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Can't a brutha just get a couple of extra "clicks" for a (likely) phony spy pic or two?



    *takes photos of 13" Macbook Air from 5 feet away, claims it's the all-new 11" MBA, and submits to AI*
  • Reply 26 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post


    I have to call BS on this. Do you think Apple is going to copy the same design that has an antenna flaw?



    yes. if you think otherwise, you don't know apple.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    mgl323mgl323 Posts: 247member
    I'll believe it when Apple/Steve Jobs announce it.
  • Reply 28 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgl323 View Post


    I'll believe it when Apple/Steve Jobs announce it.



    That's "Cap'n Apple" to you!
  • Reply 29 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    What flaw?



    The flaw that makes the phone lose signal strength when held a certain way.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post


    The flaw that kept Apple to only selling about 14 million iPhone 4's in the quarter (155,000 every day from July 1 through September 30) that they just reported the numbers for.



    Throwing sales figures around doesn't negate the flaw of exposing the antenna and having signal attenuation when held a certain way.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post


    The flaw that makes the phone lose signal strength when help a certain way.



    Oh. That "flaw!" sheez
  • Reply 34 of 52
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post


    I have to call BS on this. Do you think Apple is going to copy the same design that has an antenna flaw?



    That is what has been widely reported by people in the know.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    Yep, espionage just isn't what it used to be is it?



    Made me smile! Very funny!



    Best
  • Reply 36 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    You'd think they'd at least want to take a spy picture of an iPhone using an iPhone.



    some people have no sense of symmetry!
  • Reply 37 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post


    Throwing sales figures around doesn't negate the flaw of exposing the antenna and having signal attenuation when held a certain way.



    I'd say it does actually. Not all that many people want to block a weak signal with their hands once they know how to avoid it. I can really mess with my car if I steer and break in a certain way too. So I don't do it. In fact I kind of avoid doing things that lessen the working ability of any device I use rather than deliberately doing them, but that's just me ... oh and many, many millions of other iPhone users it seems judging by the sales and high ratings from users.
  • Reply 38 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post


    some people have no sense of symmetry!



  • Reply 39 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post


    some people have no sense of symmetry!



    Just watched the iPad video you kindly linked in your sig. It is amazing to see the stereotypical stupidity and lack of imagination along with the rehearsed anti iPad talking points from Fox at PC World (he only missed out discussing feminine hygiene products). Jason was pretty much on the money. Talk about left brain right brain differences eh? Fox should go to work for Michael Dell, they'd make a good pair when it comes to foresight!
  • Reply 40 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post


    I have to call BS on this. Do you think Apple is going to copy the same design that has an antenna flaw?



    About 14M people or so doesn't know what you're talking about..
Sign In or Register to comment.