Verizon iPhone to use existing plans, similar to AT&T

Comments

• Reply 21 of 181
    yseanysean Posts: 11member
    Let's just hope that this is all wrong and there will be some price/service competition if this actually does happen.

To be honest, I'd be tempted to end up going with AT&T for the fact it is gsm and can perform simultaneous voice & data even though I hate how much a wortwhile offering would cost. I have the same service (without an iPhone) on T-Mobile USA for $93 *AFTER* taxes and fees (which amounts to ~$14 of that total).

It looks like I may be better off keeping t-mobile, buying a current gen ipod touch & tether. BOOH on both AT&T & Verizon.

This sort of thing is just one of the reasons why I think our gov't needs to come in and break them up (for the second time for AT&T).
  • Reply 22 of 181
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crisss1205 View Post

Are they seriously going to charge for using Exchange? Deff not switching to Verizon now.

Ha! What a bargain
  • Reply 23 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How about without data, hmm? I have zero use for it.

Get a Verizon gophone sim card and pop it in the VZ iphone

• Reply 24 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

If Verizon keeps unlimited data for the iPhone -and- AT&T disallows the continuation of unlimited data when you sign a new iPhone contract I?d have to consider switching, even if it meant losing simultaneous voice and data, and losing the speed of HS*PA. Outside of that I have no use for Verizon.

You'd give up simultaneous data and voice for 2GB+ data? How much data do you actually use? Remember even with ATT, you can go over 2 GB - you get 4GB for $50. I found that only one month did I go over even 1 GB of data use, and that was a month when I used my iphone sim card to create a MyWi network on my JB old iphone because I was stuck in a hotel without wifi and needed internet. Even including that 5GB+ month, I still averaged less than 1.5 GB per month this year.
  • Reply 25 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I wonder if there will be 'special' offers to entice AT&T customers and / or special offers for existing FiOS clients?

I'm sure if you walk into a Verizon company store with your ATT bill showing an average of $125+ per month paid, they'll happily buy you out of your contract.
  • Reply 26 of 181
    Quote:

How about without data, hmm? I have zero use for it.

How about without voice?
  • Reply 27 of 181
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Get a Verizon gophone sim card and pop it in the VZ iphone

The only SIM cards on Verizon are those in their unreleased LTE phones and released LTE modems, so they'd only be expected to handle non-"GoPhone" systems.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

How about without voice?

How about serious answers? \
  • Reply 28 of 181
    Quote:

The only SIM cards on Verizon are those in their unreleased LTE phones and released LTE modems, so they'd only be expected to handle non-"GoPhone" systems.

How about serious answers? \

OK... you could move to another country?

What you're asking for isn't going to happen. Is that a serious enough answer for you? Or are you waiting for an answer of "yes" no matter how false it is?
  • Reply 29 of 181
    jpcgjpcg Posts: 114member
    This

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Don't forget they also charge $2.99 for visual voicemail.

and this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crisss1205 View Post

Are they seriously going to charge for using Exchange? Deff not switching to Verizon now.

is something Apple will not allow. Maybe its one of the main reasons it took Verizon so long to get the iPhone.

Obviously ether Apple or AT&T broke up their contract - maybe after they canceled their unlimited plan for the iPad. And it took an awful lot of time to give the iPhone to Verizon.

Edit: Also you won't see a VCast App on the standard home screen or a Verizon Branding.
  • Reply 30 of 181
    Obviously, those iPhones should include (beside CDMA) also "GSM" capability to allow for connectivity almost anywhere else in the world.

I even expect future iPhones, sold by AT&T, to include CDMA, if only to keep the product line simple (CDMA capability in one or two additional countries may not be the main consideration).
  • Reply 31 of 181
    mgl323mgl323 Posts: 247member
    I never thought using voice and data would be a big deal for me but it actually is for me. Unless Verizon offers that, I'm sticking with AT&T. And besides, I still have unlimited data in my plan.
  • Reply 32 of 181
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

You'd give up simultaneous data and voice for 2GB+ data? How much data do you actually use? Remember even with ATT, you can go over 2 GB - you get 4GB for $50. I found that only one month did I go over even 1 GB of data use, and that was a month when I used my iphone sim card to create a MyWi network on my JB old iphone because I was stuck in a hotel without wifi and needed internet. Even including that 5GB+ month, I still averaged less than 1.5 GB per month this year.

40GB to 100GB month.
  • Reply 33 of 181
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

OK... you could move to another country?

What you're asking for isn't going to happen. Is that a serious enough answer for you? Or are you waiting for an answer of "yes" no matter how false it is?

Yep. Obviously if we just lie down and take it, it won't happen. The iPhone 2G doesn't require data; why should I have to have it for anything else?
  • Reply 34 of 181
    So, when will we see the first Verizon iPhone get jail-broken to work on the Sprint CDMA Network?

• Reply 35 of 181
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Yep. Obviously if we just lie down and take it, it won't happen. The iPhone 2G doesn't require data; why should I have to have it for anything else?

Jesus Christ! It?s not your fraking product. They have a right to sell it how they wish providing they aren?t breaking any laws. You either agree it, don?t agree to it and find a way around it (which has been brought to your attention), or you move on. There are no other options so stop feeling damn entitled.
  • Reply 36 of 181
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Don't forget they also charge $2.99 for visual voicemail.

I would consider this a substantial change for the Verizon iPhone and a significant concession on Apple's part. Are there any other iPhone carriers who do not support Visual Voicemail as a standard feature of the iPhpne service plan?
  • Reply 37 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

So, when will we see the first Verizon iPhone get jail-broken to work on the Sprint CDMA Network?

Chances are NO, its not GSM so its not that easy. Sometimes Sprint doesn't like to activate unlocked phones.
  • Reply 38 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

40GB to 100GB month.

How do you use that much data on 3G? What apps? And how has ATT not put a stop to it? Frankly, as a fellow ATT user, I wish they would. You're taking far more than your fair share and the rest of us are paying for it with higher prices.
  • Reply 39 of 181
    Quote:

Posting on a message board isn't furthering your goal, if you're hoping to change something. You're pissing into the wind.
  • Reply 40 of 181
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

I expected lower prices at Verizon....after all you are getting less:

-slower speed

-no concurrent data and voice access (I can't use my GPS while I talk!)

-no international coverage

-no rollover minutes

-no free visual voicemail

-no free wifi

You will not see lower plan prices in the US until Sprint and/or T-Mobile get the iPhone.