Adobe poised to build cloud features into Creative Suite 6 with Maestro

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    unicronunicron Posts: 154member
    Has anyone heard of Adobe buying/building any data centers? Are they going to rent all these cloud servers?
  • Reply 42 of 62
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 780member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

The 'prepress' side are usually many version behind in software and you have to save as early versions. Perhaps changing to new software with the ability to save as legacy file formats would be work plus EPSF or PDF are pretty universal as a final format, who wants them to be able to open and modify anyway? .

And which company brought us EPSF and PDF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encapsulated_PostScript
  • Reply 43 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uberben View Post

I'm not saying Adobe and their products are hell spawn, directly from satan's own stock of evil software products, just that their is significant room for improvement and it probably wont come from adobe.

Quote:

I think you summed my sentiments up in that last paragraph very well

Mmmm... Maybe Adobe needs to put forth a "Timeline" to improve/rewrite their products
  • Reply 44 of 62
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulk001 View Post

And which company brought us EPSF and PDF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encapsulated_PostScript

I repeat I have used Adobe products since they started and still use them all. That doesn't stop me saying they have a) not been very Mac centric in recent years and b) becoming very complex for most users.
  • Reply 45 of 62
    Quote:

We just moved to a smaller house and the wife made me get rid of about seven Macs. I smuggled the SE and the disk in later. shhhh. I wonder if my first edition Microsoft set for Mac is worth anything?

Do da name "KENSH RUTHA" strike a familiar note?
  • Reply 46 of 62
    Quote:

I repeat I have used Adobe products since they started and still use them all. That doesn't stop me saying they have a) not been very Mac centric in recent years and b) becoming very complex for most users.

1. What about them is not Mac centric now that was in 'recent years'? Some programs like Adobe Premiere may even be more Mac centric now than comparable Apple products.

2. Yes, a program like PS can do a lot of things and as they add features, it will be able to do more but give me an example of some everyday PS process that was very simple in 'recent years' that now has become very complex?
  • Reply 47 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Do da name "KENSH RUTHA" strike a familiar note?

My recently deceased dad who was my partner at the time seemed to mutter that a lot when using ResEdit ...
  • Reply 48 of 62
    Quote:

1. What about them is not Mac centric now that was in 'recent years'? Some programs like Adobe Premiere may even be more Mac centric now than comparable Apple products.

2. Yes, a program like PS can do a lot of things and as they add features, it will be able to do more but give me an example of some everyday PS process that was very simple in 'recent years' that now has become very complex?

I'm not trying to be anti-Adobe. I couldn't live without Adobe products for sure, I just have my own feelings regarding their virtual abandonment of Apple for many years and their adoption of far too much MS feel, yes they are back now but only because they now realize Apple rule yet again. Remember at one time there was the Apple-Adobe-Aldus alliance and I was there so forgive me ok?
  • Reply 49 of 62
    Quote:

1. I also don't think it would go down really well with you or your bosses if Adobe decided to drop all mac support which is what the original poster had suggested he would like to see.

2. You seem to be arguing that Adobe has a lot of room for improvement but at the same time the competition can't seem to come up with a way to improve it or overcome the hurdle that the software is an industry standard. If it is that bad and you went to your boss and said, "This piece of open source / $30.00 piece of software has everything I have ever wanted, they add new features in every time I suggest them and will save us paying thousands of dollars to Adobe for each suite or upgrade, I would be surprised if they said no.

3. Is there room for improvement? Sure. Our designers and video guys will complain occasionally about something or another at times but truthfully, we did not upgrade many suites to CS5 as CS4 seems to do everything we need right now. If you have a suggestion, instead of talking generally about significant room for improvement, send Adobe specific feedback on what you would like to see added or changed.

I openly admit I'm not a professional, at anything so of course what I said might not be true, it's just what I think and feel.

I did say I would like to see Adobe announce that, it would force the situation or at least remove multibillion competition that anyone would need to fight against.

Point two is just something you made up completely, I didn't mention any technical improvements sure, I did say they didn't macify any of their stuff and it's true, their UIs are extremely annoying to me, again, maybe the ramblings of one persons preferences but no harm in airing them here.

I think I made it obvious that the competition wont be thinking for a second about the technical aspects of matching Illustrator or Photoshop, deeply technical as they are, they would be thinking about the publics perception that they have to buy MS Office in order to be compatible with everyone else in the world whether it's a good file format/application or not. Sorry did I say Word? I meant Adobe products.

And your right, I've never looked up the feedback option and added my voice to whoever else would like Adobe to change their long standing stance on UI complications, the decision to keep the mac versions feel and appearance too close to the Windows version to look good (I completely understand the logic, I just don't agree with it (Yes one persons non professional view but I'm allowed it and to air it.)) and see if they would consider a complete re-write of their stuff with this new philosophy in mind, I'm just not so sure they would be interested.

Perhaps I just have a negative view of Adobe but honestly, who wouldn't want (after seeing Apple professional products) a more 'like that' Illustrator and Photoshop? Not saying Apple stuff is perfect, or that they keep 100% up to date or that they add new features as fast as a dedicated design company would but can't we talk about? On forums.

iMove was made by Apple because Adobe didn't want to make one, and god dammit, god damn and god praise, or perhaps it would be better to say by Hawkins chair! I'm grateful they turned down the job and we got to see what could be. It's a vision of what software should be like it's the fracking future of complex things with a sophisticated interface that makes things easy, not because everyone is stupid but because easy is better then complicated if it gets the job done.

Alright Ben, stop drinking the coke and let the sugar dissipate.

ps thanks to whom suggested Opacity I'll have a look at that.
  • Reply 50 of 62
    jonamacjonamac Posts: 388member
    After all the hullabaloo about Flash it looks like Adobe is going to do what we all hoped they would do and create Adobe-quality products for HTML5. Helium could be huge for them and this Muse sounds like the beefed up iWeb so many of us have wanted to see for years. I can code, but I think visually and I want to do what Flash can do without using the disgusting plugin itself. I'm quite impressed with Adobe right at the minute. Hopefully more details will come soon
  • Reply 51 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The forthcoming Creative Suite 6 from Adobe will add a number of new programs and features to the collection of software, including updates to their flagship Illustrator design program to improve its capabilities for large format output for convention displays and other design projects.

Last week, AppleInsider gave the first glimpse at CS6 with documents from an Adobe survey. Since then, confirmation from a number of independent sources has reaffirmed that the details included in that survey are legitimate.

Creative Suite 6? I still haven't upgraded to CS5 but was planning to this year. Arghhhh....

Does anyone know when CS6 is coming out?
  • Reply 52 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uberben View Post

Perhaps I just have a negative view of Adobe but honestly, who wouldn't want (after seeing Apple professional products) a more 'like that' Illustrator and Photoshop? Not saying Apple stuff is perfect, or that they keep 100% up to date or that they add new features as fast as a dedicated design company would but can't we talk about? On forums.

Have you looked at Color by Apple? Most un-apple interface but it gets the job done so people use it. Don't like the Adobe UI? Just don't use their products.
  • Reply 53 of 62
    unicronunicron Posts: 154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePieAlaMode View Post

Creative Suite 6? I still haven't upgraded to CS5 but was planning to this year. Arghhhh....

Does anyone know when CS6 is coming out?

It's usually 18 months between CS upgrades. So that would put CS6 at the end of Fall 2011.
  • Reply 54 of 62
    Quote:

Have you looked at Color by Apple? Most un-apple interface but it gets the job done so people use it. Don't like the Adobe UI? Just don't use their products.

I agree Color was a weird one. Obviously added to the FCPro suite with minimal change. I have been a little worried about the attention paid to the pro end for a while but live in hope.
  • Reply 55 of 62
    While they're at it, they could make it "Social". A fad is a fad...
  • Reply 56 of 62
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Adobe Helium is what I have been hoping Apple would add to either iLife or iWork for the last year.
  • Reply 57 of 62
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    OK. Muse sounds freakin' sweet!!! And, I can't believe I am saying that about an Adobe app.
  • Reply 58 of 62
    Quote:

I agree Color was a weird one. Obviously added to the FCPro suite with minimal change. I have been a little worried about the attention paid to the pro end for a while but live in hope.

On this we agree! We have a lot invested in Apple hardware and software and I am really hoping that the next version of FCP is a fantastic, comprehensive, 64 bit, written from the ground up, all the bells and whistles release and that it comes out in Q1 or early Q2 this year. I am fairly optimistic that they will release an update sometime soon but they were willing to walk away from Shake which was the industry leading compositing tool at the time (and left us with Motion) so there is a chance they could do the same with their pro apps too - when you consider the iPhone, iPad and Mac revenue v the pro apps they probably are not the best time v profit ratio for Apple.
  • Reply 59 of 62
    HTML5.com points to Apple's HTML5 page... Maybe Apple is planning on coming out with an HTML5 pro application like FinalCutPro.com!!!
  • Reply 60 of 62
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Quote:

If the Adobe software is so horrible, wouldn't companies see an opportunity and 'spill' into this space? What happened to the idea of competition?

Patents.