Preorders of Apple's iPhone 4 break Verizon sales record in 2 hours

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Not for existing Verizon customers lol. The iphone's popularity will surely have an impact on Verizon's servers. I mean hell, they imposed that bandwidth throttling thing as a result of their anticipation of the iphone, so customers such as myself who use large amounts of data (because I need to for work, hence the reason I bought unlimited) will suffer for it.

The throttling rule should apply to iphone users only.

The throttling rule is for new data customers.
  • Reply 62 of 70
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

I believe cr gave not just a good rating but rated it the best both before and after changes to reporting of signal. They didn't give it a buy recommendation even though it was their highest rated phone which is confusing and not terribly helpful. That's what I recall from it.

Its very simple, according to CR the iPhone 4 sucks as a phone but is great in all its other functions.
  • Reply 63 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Nice way to thank att customer for switching to verizon.

they deserve it too.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pridon View Post

Sounds like the Microsoft Kin launch. Oops, sorry. Sales exceeded the Kin launch in the first 2 seconds.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elian Gonzalez View Post

It's like Consumer Reports editors cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Blah, blah, blah, Android, blah, blah, iPhone killer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Pretty soon people will realize that there is no physical keyboard on the iPhone and they will stop buying these things.

Yours truly,

Steve Ballmer

Quote:

Blah, blah, blah, iphone numbers means its best, blah, blah, McDonald's cheese burgers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RicMac View Post

Were are the Android fans this morning? Show us how these numbers are wrong. Tell us again how much better Android is and how the iPhone is second rate. .......... (Silence)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by samban View Post

Pretty soon people will realize that it not open and they will stop buying these things.

Yours Truly

Google

Pretty soon people will realize that it is not secure and they will stop buying these things.

Yours Truly

BB (morons)

Pretty soon people will realize that they can't root the phone and they will stop buying these things.

Yours Truly

<...>

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

First two seconds? I think you mean the first person who clicked beat their sales.

Quote:

Apple's packaging can take it.

I've got scotch coming out through my nose!

(I thought that the 'Best of.....' was worthy of one more round of applause. )
  • Reply 65 of 70
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Having said this Tim Cook recently said...Apple is having trouble keeping up with ATT's demand. And that was before the Verizon announced the iP4.

I have a feeling sales numbers will be constrained by supply or rather lack of supply. Similar to the iPad. Apple most certainly would've sold more ~15 million iPads if they had the supply.

The Verizon phones are being built on a separate line (I think they are even be built by a different manufacturer - Pegatron). But there still be supply constraints based on component constraints like displays or touchscreens.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

what is interesting is that there is all this so called competition out there for the iphone and it now 4 yr and still it out selling the competition.

Yes, just goes to show what a great product it is.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Blah, blah, blah, Android, blah, blah, iPhone killer.

LOl ! But you forgot to add "Open"
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

But one this time that does not drop calls.

Um, what are you inferring ?

Dropped calls have nothing to do with the phone.

I repeat HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHONE.

Geez when will you fandroids understand, now repeat after me; its the CARRIER, its the CARRIER, its the CARRIER.

Do you now understand ?
  • Reply 69 of 70
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

The Verizon phones are being built on a separate line (I think they are even be built by a different manufacturer - Pegatron). But there still be supply constraints based on component constraints like displays or touchscreens.

Not to mention TIME
  • Reply 70 of 70
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I haven't read this. If you're right, you just calmed me down tremendously. The idea that I'm being punished for the iphone really irritated me.

Thanks for the info