Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction

Comments

• Reply 121 of 212
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sciwiz View Post

Oval-ish. Galaxy W.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/28/w...-its-backside/

That one has taken it's design cues from the Nokia N8, the top and bottom frame surrounding the bezel are almost identical.

http://www.gsmarena.com/showpic.php3...g&idPhone=3252

See how Nokia differentiates their products.
  • Reply 122 of 212
    I really think this 7.7" device is the cream of the cream of tablet market...

Look like an iPad? man even a TV can look like an iPad because any screen has to be square of a rectangle.

Now this device has many things that just iPad fanboys can dreaming...

-1280x800 not a LCD, but SuperAMOLED Plus. Apple can launch a 1080p tablet, but it won´t be the same that AMOLED

-Processor, Who can give a Exynos capacity processor with 1.4Ghz dual core?

-Connectivity... well, where is the WiFi(n) direct, Bluetooth 3.0 and HML port on the iPad?

Only faith make great to the religion...
  • Reply 123 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperTomcat View Post

I really think this 7.7" device is the cream of the cream of tablet market?

Shame Samsung won't sell more than 75,000 of them, then.

Quote:

Look like an iPad? man even a TV can look like an iPad because any screen has to be square of a rectangle.

Get out or read more about why you're wrong.

Quote:

Sure, but at least we haven't been far even as decided to do want to go look more like.

Quote:

-1280x800 not a LCD, but SuperAMOLED Plus. Apple can launch a 1080p tablet, but it won´t be the same that AMOLED

You're right, but at least it will have a better panel in every conceivable way.

Quote:

Who gives a frick about processor speed when it runs the software terribly?

Quote:

-Connectivity... well, where is the WiFi(n) direct, Bluetooth 3.0 and HML port on the iPad?

There's no such thing as an "HML port" and Apple's including Bluetooth 4.0 on its devices, so there's that. And what's "Wi-Fi direct" supposed to be?

Quote:

And only trolls whine about crap they don't understand.
  • Reply 124 of 212
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

I already mentioned this. He talked about how they made iPhone perfect, and that no one would be interested in "giant" phone with 4+'' screen. Sure he never said "Apple will not create phone with display bigger that 3.6''", that would be stupid, but if his speech is not clear implication of this, I don't know what else is. Go look his keynote archive at Apple web page for the recordings of this.

1) An iPhone with a larger display doesn't mean it's a "giant' phone. Consider 5 years of component shrinkage and a display that goes further to the edge and you could end up with a device that is less volume than the original iPhone.

2) Again, where is your proof. Proof is something that points to Jobs saying they would not nor could not make an iPhone with a slightly larger display because a larger display in and of itself would make undesirable. I can't think of a single time in which they said any such thing about the iPhone. Now the iPad they did specifically mention about 7" not being as ideal as 10".
  • Reply 125 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure, but at least we haven't been far even as decided to do want to go look more like.

Hhhahahahahaah!
  • Reply 126 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2992 View Post

that's too bad...

Competition is needed, even if the products are looking almost the same.

You are saying as if competition is for competition sake. You know what choices can do for the undetermined souls?
  • Reply 127 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) An iPhone with a larger display doesn't mean it's a "giant' phone. Consider 5 years of component shrinkage...

I dropped it in the pool! I dropped my iPhone in the pool!
  • Reply 128 of 212
    Quote:

I dropped it in the pool! I dropped my iPhone in the pool!

Was there shrinkage?

• Reply 129 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Was there shrinkage?

Of the components… it's possible the screen has expanded, but I haven't measured it yet.

And I'd like to nip the "pulling an obstruction (Samsung) out of a whale (Apple)" skit in the bud.
  • Reply 130 of 212
    Quote:

Of the components? it's possible the screen has expanded, but I haven't measured it yet.

And I'd like to nip the "pulling an obstruction (Samsung) out of a whale (Apple)" skit in the bud.

You can nip any buds you care to... just don't use pinking shears -- that makes a frilly dilly.

• Reply 131 of 212
    Samsung Digital Photo Frame cebit 2006

Apple iPad 2010

...and so on and so on... LOL. ROFL. ROFLMAO.
  • Reply 132 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I love that definition. I guess I'l go down to the local bank branch and steal $100 M from the vault so that I can start my own bank. If they stop me, I'll scream and yell that they're stifling competition.

I don't always like your posts.

But this is a ++1.
  • Reply 133 of 212
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gescom View Post

image: http://www.thinkcamera.com/review/im...ctureframe.jpg

Apple iPad 2010

image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...HomeScreen.jpg

1) You really think a digital photo frame is the same device as the iPad?

2) Do you know by how many decades the black framed photo predates any digital photo frames? I'd say it's at least several.
  • Reply 134 of 212
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

2) Do you know by how many decades the black framed photo predates any digital photo frames? I'd say it's at least several.

You forgot to add the part where you start laughing like a hyena and spraying saliva all over your screen because you imagine you're being clever.
  • Reply 135 of 212
    Quote:

There's no such thing as an "HML port" and Apple's including Bluetooth 4.0 on its devices, so there's that. And what's "Wi-Fi direct" supposed to be?

Sorry I forgot Apple fan has not idea (neither enjoy) about good wireless connectivity...
  • Reply 136 of 212
    Quote:

Apple Sues Samsung Over Look & Feel.

LOL. Oh, I know you're iLobotomized but please
  • Reply 137 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Mergers create a market close to that of a monopoly (aka oligopoly if it is with a few companies).

Both monopolies and oligopolies stifles competition and increases prices.

That is what the government is trying to protect, to keep competition flowing.

Perhaps, it is you who cant put 1 and 1 together.

This is an embarrassing post. Stop. It's quite clear that you're utterly clueless on this topic.

Go back to shilling for Samsung, instead of spouting nonsense about monopolies, mergers, competition and such.
  • Reply 138 of 212
    How did it get that may models , 7.7 and 10.1, so fast?
  • Reply 139 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gescom View Post

Apple iPad 2010

You forgot to compare the back side, it's actually look like this:

You drink too much Android koolaid. Read this remedy:

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2011/0...e-was-no-ipad/
  • Reply 140 of 212
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperTomcat View Post

I really think this 7.7" device is the cream of the cream of tablet market...

You registered just to say that?