HTML suggests 'Find My Friends' social service still coming to Apple's iCloud

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sumergo View Post

"... central role in how human beings communicate?" In the Western world, FB is a frivolous self-indulgence - elsewhere, it may have more value as a communications system. Personally, I prefer my "friends" to still be available to me when the batteries or electricity fail, and I prefer to conduct that friendship in person without broadcasting it to the world. If that is being a Luddite - count me in.

Some people prefer to walk to work rather than get the train. Good for you! But you will be an rather odd minority.

Social networking is more than just Facebook. I'm very vocal in criticising Facebook myself, but I'm certainly not blinkered to the benefits of social networking in general, and the significance it will have in the future of communication, with or without you.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Some people prefer to walk to work rather than get the train. Good for you! But you will be an rather odd minority.

Social networking is more than just Facebook. I'm very vocal in criticising Facebook myself, but I'm certainly not blinkered to the benefits of social networking in general, and the significance it will have in the future of communication, with or without you.

Nice non-sequitur about the train, and thanks for the "odd minority", "blinkered" ad hominems.

More importantly:

" . . .the benefits of social networking in general, and the significance it will have in the future of communication".

What benefits, and to whom/where/why? Name three . . .
  • Reply 23 of 28
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

This how social networking works

1) I make money writing FB code.

2) My clients like me because I write their FB code.

3) I make more money because they recommend me to their clients who need FB code.

• Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

This how social networking works

1) I make money writing FB code.

2) My clients like me because I write their FB code.

3) I make more money because they recommend me to their clients who need FB code.

Good for you mstone. LOL indeed.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:

Nice non-sequitur about the train, and thanks for the "odd minority", "blinkered" ad hominems.

Well it's true. Most people will be communicating via social networks in the future. If you wish to stay out of that trend, then thats your choice. But you will be considered rather 'odd' by the majority for doing so. I'm not calling you 'odd', but the majority will judge you to be 'odd'!

It's already fairly odd for anyone under 30 to not have a facebook account.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

whom : almost everyone (except oddies)

where : the planet

why : More efficient and/or convenient. Just like every other evolutionary step in human communication.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

whom : almost everyone (except oddies)

where : the planet

why : More efficient and/or convenient. Just like every other evolutionary step in human communication.

So everyone but you is an oddie. HMMM
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

oooh, got links? I love cat videos.

Yes, you can view the cat videos once you turn over your social security number, blood type and favorite kind of pizza.