Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by just_me View Post

wait how did apple lose 11% of market share

68-57 = 11
  • Reply 42 of 74
    slapppyslapppy Posts: 331member
    After the initial rush of extreme Apple cheerleading, the more level headed reports are finally coming in. I realized that some of you may never see the light, but remember that I tried to inform some of you with a more realistic outlook and forecast for iOS. It's dwindling and will continue to do so. It's just reality. You should jump into the Android runaway train while you can and profit handsomely in the end.

"Just like it did in the smartphone space, it might not be long before Android overtakes Apple in tablet market share."

http://www.vision2mobile.com/news/20...ew-mirror.aspx
  • Reply 43 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

It would be interesting to know how many people bought/received a Fire but have now returned it to buy an iPad.

I honestly don't get why everyone thinks this is the case, especially looking at user reviews on amazon. I didn't buy my kindle fire expecting it to be an ipad, I bought my kindle fire because of my past experience with Amazon and their kindle lineup. It is a content consumption device, and a rather good one at that. Its great for books, watching movies, playing little games, etc. The iPad is a better product, yet I use the kindle fire more. The form factor just works better for my usage, and I have a lot of content purchased through amazon.

My usage is no way indicative of everyone else, but I was mainly using my ipad for web surfing and checking email. Its size was to unwieldy for everyday reading(my main purchases through amazon). The fire is easy to hold with one hand for extended periods. Neither are as good as my 3rd gen Kindle, but that isn't all that relevant. The kindle has more and more apps everyday, and a bunch of "free for prime users" content. I am willing to bet that most people who say "returned it and bought and ipad" have not used the fire since the 6.2 update that was released pretty earlier on, and expecially not the 6.2.1 update.

Basically, I hate this fanboy v fanboy nonsense in these forums. It is possible to like apple products yet use products from another manufacture. Right now, I have a gaming rig running W7, a macbook, multiple kindles including fire, an ipad, and GSII android phone and a few other miscellanous devices. Amazingly enough, they all seem to work well together. Just because its not made by apple doesn't make it trash.
  • Reply 44 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baka-Dubbs View Post

I honestly don't get why everyone thinks this is the case, especially looking at user reviews on amazon. I didn't buy my kindle fire expecting it to be an ipad, I bought my kindle fire because of my past experience with Amazon and their kindle lineup. It is a content consumption device, and a rather good one at that. Its great for books, watching movies, playing little games, etc. The iPad is a better product, yet I use the kindle fire more. The form factor just works better for my usage, and I have a lot of content purchased through amazon.

My usage is no way indicative of everyone else, but I was mainly using my ipad for web surfing and checking email. Its size was to unwieldy for everyday reading(my main purchases through amazon). The fire is easy to hold with one hand for extended periods. Neither are as good as my 3rd gen Kindle, but that isn't all that relevant. The kindle has more and more apps everyday, and a bunch of "free for prime users" content. I am willing to bet that most people who say "returned it and bought and ipad" have not used the fire since the 6.2 update that was released pretty earlier on, and expecially not the 6.2.1 update.

Basically, I hate this fanboy v fanboy nonsense in these forums. It is possible to like apple products yet use products from another manufacture. Right now, I have a gaming rig running W7, a macbook, multiple kindles including fire, an ipad, and GSII android phone and a few other miscellanous devices. Amazingly enough, they all seem to work well together. Just because its not made by apple doesn't make it trash.

LOL!

You've read way way too much into my simple query.
  • Reply 45 of 74
    As I said many times before, we've an iPad market and then there's the 'rest of the tablet world' market. Apple owns 100% of the iPad market, and then other companies can fight for the rest, which is a 'race to the bottom' market with no margin whatsoever. So this article is totally meaningless.
  • Reply 46 of 74
    Quote:

It would be interesting to know how many people bought/received a Fire but have now returned it to buy an iPad.

Right, would love to compare those numbers to all the people that returned their iPads and bought a Fire because they realized the iPad is awesome but not 2x the price awesome.
  • Reply 47 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Right, would love to compare those numbers to all the people that returned their iPads and bought a Fire because they realized the iPad is awesome but not 2x the price awesome.

Yes, that would be an interesting number as well.
  • Reply 48 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

After the initial rush of extreme Apple cheerleading, the more level headed reports are finally coming in. I realized that some of you may never see the light, but remember that I tried to inform some of you with a more realistic outlook and forecast for iOS. It's dwindling and will continue to do so. It's just reality. You should jump into the Android runaway train while you can and profit handsomely in the end.

Runaway train
    ... perfect analogy for Android... soon to be a complete wreck.
  • Reply 49 of 74
    Quote:

LOL!

You've read way way too much into my simple query.

The problem is if you read much in these forums that is a question asked often even if there has not been a single report issued(that I have seen) that suggests this is the case.

It would be like if sony announcing they sold x number of PS3's and me asking "Well, I wonder how many of those were returned for Xbox 360's" with no report or signs indicating that this was a frequent occurance.
  • Reply 50 of 74
    Quote:

The problem is if you read much in these forums that is an question asked often even there has not been a single report issued(that I have seen) that suggests this is the case.

It would be like if sony announcing they sold x number of PS3's and me asking "Well, I wonder how many of those were returned for Xbox 360's" with no report or signs indicating that this was a frequent occurance.

Hmmm... now you've got me wondering how many PS3s have been returned for Xbox 360s.
  • Reply 51 of 74
    Quote:

Hmmm... now you've got me wondering how many PS3s have been returned for Xbox 360s.

Sadly, the example only came to mind because I had a 1st gen PS3 with backward compatibilty and I won a slim in a raffle drawing at work. The slim was taken to the store and replaced with an xbox. Maybe using that as an example was not the best choice...
  • Reply 52 of 74
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Quote:

Forgot, having a different opinion = troll. Not sure if you looked at the chart above but the numbers support his claims??? Android gaining, Apple losing.

Yes, let's compare hard Apple numbers to imaginary, made-up, best guess numbers from android Manufacturers and amazon. The analysts are always accurate.
  • Reply 53 of 74
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:

"Just like it did in the smartphone space, it might not be long before Android overtakes Apple in tablet market share."

http://www.vision2mobile.com/news/20...ew-mirror.aspx

Here's another quote from the report from Strategy Analytics (who would argue with a company that names itself that?)

"Android is so far proving relatively popular with tablet manufacturers despite nagging concerns about fragmentation of Android?s operating system, user-interface and app store ecosystem."

Note: popular with manufacturers, nothing about users or buyers.

Quote:

Runaway train
    ... perfect analogy for Android... soon to be a complete wreck.

Soon to be a stock phrase around here: You should jump in the Android runaway train while you can . . .
  • Reply 54 of 74
    Quote:

Sadly, the example only came to mind because I had a 1st gen PS3 with backward compatibilty and I won a slim in a raffle drawing at work. The slim was taken to the store and replaced with an xbox. Maybe using that as an example was not the best choice...

I've never had to return or exchange anything tech... I've always bought Apple products.
  • Reply 55 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Yes, let's compare hard Apple numbers to imaginary, made-up, best guess numbers from android Manufacturers and amazon. The analysts are always accurate.

Ironic, when the numbers favor Apple they are spot on, when they don't they are imaginary, made-up and best guess, glad that was cleared up.
  • Reply 56 of 74
    Quote:

I've never had to return or exchange anything tech... I've always bought Apple products.

Your house must be boring. No TV's, Game Consoles, Printers ect......
  • Reply 57 of 74
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member
    Quote:

Ironic, when the numbers favor Apple they are spot on, when they don't they are imaginary, made-up and best guess, glad that was cleared up.

No, Apple released hard numbers that include shipments and channel inventory, the other numbers provided are based on analysts doing their best speculating as many of the OEMs don't release such hard numbers. Amazon doesn't even break out the Kindle Fire from the other Kindles.

Why do user surveys continue to show Apple with 70%+ market share? Because it doesn't include store shelves. Shelves are not users.
  • Reply 58 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Why do user surveys continue to show Apple with 70%+ market share?

Which survey's would those be? If you are going to reference something, you have to link to it. The thing with survey's is the audience.
  • Reply 59 of 74
    [insult removed]
  • Reply 60 of 74
    Quote:

In phones... who is profiting handsomely? Samsung is by far the biggest and most successful seller of Android phones. No doubt about that.

But HTC cut their earnings forecast... and Motorola and LG have had LOSSES for many consecutive quarters. Is that the runaway train to profit you're referring to?