Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surface

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62

Yeah, the only other person that wears the same clothes all the time is Clark Kent. He's been wearing the same blue suit and ties since 1938.

• Reply 42 of 62
    bc kellybc kelly Posts: 148member

Interesting - Steve Jobs as played by Mr. Demi Moore

Maybe they'll get Bruce Willis to do Bill Gates ?

(ha ha ha)

Well, none of that will matter much

Sorta like rearranging those deck chairs on Titanic

Check out the Director (as another commenter commented)

Joshua Michael Stern - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0827750/

Could be Ok, saw "Swing Vote" and that was Watchable Film (One Thumb Up)

No idea about other work, but ...

More curious about the Script/Screenplay/Story (forget who 'plays' Steve)

What is said about Him and Apple - dig ?

Plus, forgive the pun (intended) but zero/none/nada Faith in Producer

David Hulme - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2588235/  (if he's the right one?)

Holy Shit Batman - is an Evangelista, and not the Apple Kind (you betcha, wink wink)

Yea - read that IMDb info

Doesn't seem, imho, he's the Best Man for THIS Job (that pun intended too - snark)

Also not sure, imho, he'll Preach the Truth about Steve

We could get a Phalse Profit 2nd Coming type thing ?

(hey, it's not a cult, it's just a computer)

But, the Real Biggie in all this ?

Before anyone tries to tell Steve's Story ...

Would be wise to first let the grass finish growing in over the top of his Grave

(oh, and A.I. - like the 'new format/layout' stuff - 2 Thumbs Up - smile)

• Reply 43 of 62
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    I have to say, I think it's a bit sad that so many people here seem to know the exact brand of jeans and sneakers.  
    I love Apple and think Steve Jobs is great, but geez, get a life!

Jeeze. He wore like the same thing for the last 10 years. Watch a few Macworld presentations and you pretty much can't help but know.

Besides, isnt it the attention to details that separates a Mac user from a the rest. ;-P
  • Reply 44 of 62
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    charlituna wrote: »
    It's possible the companies wouldn't give permission for their products to be used. Or the producers were looking for free items as a way to cut costs and those companies would play along but whoever did. It's tricky when you are dealing with products. Placement is the worst part of my job so I live to pass it off on someone else when I can. Often we just use the fake brands created for such things.

Ok, but if you don't ask for money can't you just buy and use whatever brand you want? Assuming its not something pivotal and showcased in the film aren't you free to use whatever?
  • Reply 45 of 62
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

Jeeze. He wore like the same thing for the last 10 years. Watch a few Macworld presentations and you pretty much can't help but know.

Besides, isnt it the attention to details that separates a Mac user from a the rest. ;-P

I din't mean to offend anyone but I think the general over-reaction to my statement is really just proving my point.  Yes, everyone knows he always wore a black mock turtleneck and jeans with classic sneakers.  

My point was that people here were arguing over the exact make and the exact year of the sneakers, the brand of the shirt & jeans, and the exact details of the beard.  I'm an Apple fanatic for many years and I don't know these details, nor do I care, nor does it matter.  It's just obsessive, mental masturbation (IMO) to get into it that far.  

Most of the details people were waffling on about were wrong anyway. 

• Reply 46 of 62
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The beard is a bit off as well as the body shape but y'know, Noah Wyle didn't look that much like Steve Jobs either:

The believability will come from the movie presentation. If a script, makeup and a set can make Johnny Depp look like a pirate, it can do the same for Kutcher. Other photos look closer than the TMZ ones:

Problem is Steve could act. 

• Reply 47 of 62
    photodenkphotodenk Posts: 37member

He wore 992s and then 993s (just updated shoe) not 501s. 

• Reply 48 of 62
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The beard is a bit off as well as the body shape but y'know, Noah Wyle didn't look that much like Steve Jobs either:

The believability will come from the movie presentation. If a script, makeup and a set can make Johnny Depp look like a pirate, it can do the same for Kutcher. Other photos look closer than the TMZ ones:

Please. Zach Galifianakis is Steve Jobs. You know it to be true.

Zach-as-Steve

• Reply 49 of 62

So when does Steve Jobs walk on the set and tell Kutcher he has been Punk'd?

• Reply 50 of 62

Goddammit Steve was much better looking than that bloodless douche!

And at least get the facts right, if for nothing else than to show you care.

An "indie" flick should choose indie actors, not someone very established like Kutcher. They could get someone with better charm and more resemblance to Jobs both in looks and personality.

I know this isn't gonna happen, but scrap the whole project, turn the table over and start over. At least you now know how not to do it.

• Reply 51 of 62
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

He did. Steve-Jobs.jpg.

More than once. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6doK7CFMk7D84ipDRlRiPl0eJXNFyvkKzQ5Njrd3U8Ya70MdLVQ

Interesting. If we are to believe what is evidenced on the tube, a lot of people wouldn't know what Steve looks like today, never mind 30 years ago. ( 2 minute 10 second mark)

Top picture is post Apple, then NeXT days.

• Reply 52 of 62
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Problem is Steve could act. 

Yeah, Kutcher's acting skills are a bit poor but it only goes wrong when he has to get really fired up. When he is talking calmly, he is very controlled. In this interview, he appears very similar to how Steve would have been in interviews discussing Pixar and NeXT:

He also has range. He could take on the role of Adobe's CEO with just a touch of makeup:

Please. Zach Galifianakis is Steve Jobs. You know it to be true.

Definitely, but perhaps the giganto-beard days are best left forgotten.

• Reply 53 of 62
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    But I thought Steve didn't dress like that when he was about that age!?

He didn't! It is ludicrous to use the 'Jobs version 2' look in dress for the 'Jobs version 1' era. In fact he was quite the spiffy dresser in the early days.

Retraction below ...
  • Reply 54 of 62
    Top picture is post Apple, then NeXT days.

Ok I'm wrong then. I remember him being smart at Apple the first time around. I must have missed this look. My bad. I fondly remember him looking very cool and smart when I worked with Apple back in the late 70s and early 80s.
  • Reply 55 of 62
    [quote name="myapplelove" Problem is Steve could act. 
    [/quote]

Hahahahahah ....
  • Reply 56 of 62
    sipsip Posts: 210member

Dressed in denims and black turtleneck: does that mean they're filming the latter half of Steve Jobs' life? He certainly did not dress like that in the early years.

Ashton Kutcher, famous for being...

Mr Demi Moore
  • Reply 57 of 62
    arlomediaarlomedia Posts: 271member

"Mona Simpson, Jobs' sister, remarked at his memorial service last October that he had probably owned enough copies of the shirt for everyone in attendance."

How cool would it have been to have given them out as mementos. What else would you do with hundreds of shirts? Auctioning them off for charity also comes to mind.

• Reply 58 of 62
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    This is not going to be good but based on my understanding of the time line of this movie someone get that bastard a bow tie.
  • Reply 59 of 62

Ashton Kutcher is great at playing a dim-witted stoner. But as a brilliant strategist? Not so much. Kind of like Scarlett Johannson trying to play a theoretical physicist - nobody would buy it. People know when an actor has any brains - or not...

• Reply 60 of 62
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    1) Still can't get over his name. In Dutch 'kut' is, well, The C-word. And I really don't like Cher.

2) Is he holding a 7" iPad under his right armpit?