San Diego school district buys 26K iPads for students

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    rbryanhrbryanh Posts: 263member

Meanwhile, teaching - arguably the single most important job in any society - is among our society's least lucrative professions.  

In America, teaching other people's children is antithetical to feeding your own.  $15M?  If I was a San Diego school teacher, I'd likely end up in jail for assaulting a politician with a sharpened iPad.  

• Reply 82 of 82
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    rbryanh wrote: »
    Meanwhile, teaching - arguably the single most important job in any society - is among our society's least lucrative professions.

Teachers need thrice what they're paid now.

Additionally, becoming a teacher (and staying a teacher) needs to be FAR more rigorous a process. There are a ton of completely worthless people out there, teaching, that shouldn't even be paid what they're getting now. Conversely, there are also teachers that have–and I'll use an example personally known to me–been given the workload that just five years ago went to three teachers, continue to excel at what they do through improving student scores, behavior, and future learning capabilities, and are paid 1% more than they were then.

Sow, reap, and dispassionately weed.