Google to take on Apple TV with $299 'Nexus Q'

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

you would have to be the original user of that since you have no clue whatsoever!

i'll fix the wording for you for a more general purpose... Android sucks, and it users suck more!!  Android sucks, and it users suck more!!  Android sucks, and it users suck more!!  

i am guessing you thought 'Spinal Tap' was a real rock band...
  • Reply 102 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

it's very obvious that you are an idiot...

• Reply 103 of 109
    Is it me or is Google reinventing the wheel again. There are so many "Google" services I can't keep up. Why did't they commit themselves to building upon somethin already in existence than having another, excuse my french, but bastard child. I constantly hear of this or that but never development on past offerings, where's the support for people who bought into the last bright idea? Google has missed the point here I think, the device is suppose to support and augment sales, not be the sale. Let's not forget this is Google and it will be another engine to mill advertising information, at a cost to you.
  • Reply 104 of 109
    Is it me or is Google reinventing the wheel again. There are so many "Google" services I can't keep up. Why did't they commit themselves to building upon somethin already in existence than having another, excuse my french, but bastard child. I constantly hear of this or that but never development on past offerings, where's the support for people who bought into the last bright idea? Google has missed the point here I think, the device is suppose to support and augment sales, not be the sale. Let's not forget this is Google and it will be another engine to mill advertising information, at a cost to you.
  • Reply 105 of 109
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    What are the special added features, the amps? I don't see that being a popular feature unless it also gets HDMI inputs to source switch. The market didn't get swept with GoogleTV, so I doubt anyone is going to get rid of their receiver or buy speakers just for the Q. If it did have an HDMI switch, then I might even consider it. Most receivers are quite large and I don't actually need that much power, nor do I need a radio tuner. A few watts per channel are all that are really needed.

Assembled in Silicon Valley can't be cheap.
    stephenc wrote: »
    The currently shipping version of Apple TV doesn't require a computer at all. It is totally self-running. Hopefully a future OS or hardware update will allow users to download apps like other iOS devices.

Correct. And you can use AirPlay to stream media from your iOS device to an AppleTV. Best I can tell, this adds "social", a convenient buzzword that might cause more trouble than it's worth. Letting anyone add to the playlist might be OK, but letting just anyone reorder the playlist might be asking for trouble. Possible social snafus aside, te playlist management idea does look interesting.
  • Reply 106 of 109
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member

Nexus, Android, Google TV, Nexus Q, ChromeOS, Google Play... Google is starting to be like Microsoft. Copy what's successful (aka Apple) and hope for the best. Innovation appears to be drastically slowing down at Google. Quite sad, actually. Well, the chickens have come home to roost for Google. "Domination" at any cost, like Microsoft. And so...
  • Reply 107 of 109
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Yeah, I'm going to pay $299 to watch a Google brainiac peel a banana and let friends and family mess with my playlists.

What I don't understand is why I need a $300 device to access my cloud for this. why can't I just use my computer or my device directly and wifi stream it via some app. you know sort of like Airplay

• Reply 108 of 109
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    charlituna wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why I need a $300 device to access my cloud for this. why can't I just use my computer or my device directly and wifi stream it via some app. you know sort of like Airplay

Shhh don't tell Google. But we need 1080p mirroring to AppleTV soon, hopefully. Then things on the Apple side at least will make more sense.
  • Reply 109 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

I am guessing you thought the person you see in the mirror isn't a troll....