Apple to release Mountain Lion Wednesday on Mac App Store

Comments

• Reply 61 of 96
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

Agree.

I didn't care for it at first, but it has grown on my and I see the superior logic of the way Apple did it.

Wait, tabs on top, or the Safari 6 way of tabbing?

• Reply 62 of 96
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member

I don't like  tabs on top (thought that was what you said) I like they way they are now (tabs on bottom.)

I haven't seen Safari 6 so I can't say.

• Reply 63 of 96
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

Quote:

Oh my God! Does that mean this our future then?

Does anyone have a goat I can "borrow?"

That is hilarious, and yes that is the future. (Surely it is a sheep that you need to borrow.)

• Reply 64 of 96
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

I don't like  tabs on top (thought that was what you said) I like they way they are now (tabs on bottom.)

Ah, I see.

Quote:

I haven't seen Safari 6 so I can't say.

Okay, 1 tab:

2 tabs:

5 tabs:

I HATE THIS. This is not good behavior. Also notice the Tab View button MOVING the New Tab button. That's WRONG.

• Reply 65 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

That is hilarious, and yes that is the future. (Surely it is a sheep that you need to borrow.)

Regarding the goat, non-traditional I know, but check out some of Jimbo's other videos which include a goat.

Nothing to do with the goat, check out his children's birthday party video (a buddy of mine who does birthday clown gigs turned me on to Jimbo.)

Jimbo is a strange and wonderful fusion of Kid's birthday clown/hilarious blue standup comic/Australian Sasha Cohen.

• Reply 66 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ah, I see.

Okay, 1 tab:

2 tabs:

5 tabs:

I HATE THIS. This is not good behavior. Also notice the Tab View button MOVING the New Tab button. That's WRONG.

Ok, yes that's weird.

The moving of the tab view button is moronic.

It ranks with the moronic decision to place the "view in finder button" *LAST* in the list of items in the pop-up folders of the dock. (If you want to see it in a finder window, why should you have to scroll to the bottom every time?)

• Reply 67 of 96
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member

Two questions:

1. Any known compatibility issues with Mountain Lion and Adobe CS5?

2. I have a Core Duo MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard that can't run ML. Will Lion continue to be for sale in the App Store after ML is released?

• Reply 68 of 96
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 517member
    kallt wrote: »
    Of course it feels a bit strange at first…

Because it's wrong… The iPhone way works with direct contact. You don't have that in OS X, so it's just backward.

You sure are quick to point out when people have nothing substantial to back up their "opinions". Your idea that it because one works with direct contact and one doesn't does not make it "wrong".

I didn't like the scrolling at first, changed it back to what was, decided to try it out for a long period, and it is second nature now, and works quite well when going to and from iOS to Mac OS.

So, YOUR experience is obviously different, but MY is not "wrong".

TS. Again, I love a lot of what you have to say, but a LOT of the time, you are so opinionated and downright ornery, without the proof you require of others, that it makes me laugh.

Carry on though. You help keep me coming back. :-)
  • Reply 69 of 96
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    razorpit wrote: »
    sflocal, I asked how it runs compared to Lion and so far I've heard nothing but positive results.

Personally I'm so sick of the sluggish crash happy Lion this may be the first time I install an OS before a .1 update.  With that said I'm going to wait a few days just to make sure nothing blows-up with VMware etc..  If there are no improvements in ML Server I'll be downgrading my mini back to Snow Leopard.  I spend more time trying to figure out how to fix things than anything else....

Stick an large SDD in place of the HD get Trim Enabler if older MBP and upgrade to Mountain Lion. I did all this today (I have a dev account so have GM ML) and my mid 2010 MBP i7 is running 10 times faster plus it is silent and cold. Been working sitting up in bed with Mac on lap, normally the battery would be flat by now and I could fry eggs on it. It is stone cold and the battery % has hardly moved. Oh boy am I a happy camper.
  • Reply 70 of 96
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 517member
    redtwister wrote: »
    Right around the block to the line for sarcasm.

That's not what sarcasm is.

TS. Then what is sarcasm? As you often point out, making a statement without backup, proof or explanation is a SIN!!!

So, get in line anyway, and grab a metaphor on your way there.

Silly man.
  • Reply 71 of 96

I don't get it, seems like a few users have issues with Lion playing up on their system.

I've not had one ounce of problem with Lion or with Snow Leopard before that. Would be interesting to see some of these setups which have problems with Lion, I think part of some of the problem is that there could be too many tweaks and/or customization of individuals systems, be it hard ware or soft ware, causing the OS to play up!

I'll be installing Mountain Lion on our Mini, iMac and MacBook Air without any hesitation! 

• Reply 72 of 96
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    erhard58 wrote: »
    I don't get it, seems like a few users have issues with Lion playing up on their system.
    I've not had one ounce of problem with Lion or with Snow Leopard before that. Would be interesting to see some of these setups which have problems with Lion, I think part of some of the problem is that there could be too many tweaks and/or customization of individuals systems, be it hard ware or soft ware, causing the OS to play up!
    I'll be installing Mountain Lion on our Mini, iMac and MacBook Air without any hesitation! 

I have a theory that a lot of Lion reported speed issues (not all perhaps but many) are related to the massive increase of internet dependent processes going on compared to Snow Leopard. Anyone with an old Netgear router or running on some slow internet connection would take a massive hit in apparent performance.
  • Reply 73 of 96

The only persistent problem I have had with Lion is in copying files from one MacBook to another — with one running SL. The file to be copied is recopied ad nauseum, with the only way of halting it to turn off the machine, then deleting the copies when it is restarted. As a result I now copy files using thumb drives — which has not failed yet, fingers crossed.

• Reply 74 of 96
    erhard58 wrote: »

Fairly light use here, but still problems with Lion. And I don't do tweaks/customization in general. Too many problems. I'll only do a tweak if many users report it stable and even then, it won't be a Command Line tweak. I like my Mac OS as stock as possible. The same with my Apps, with a few well-documented Add-ons in Firefox or something like that. Things that are easy to trouble shoot.

But, only a relative few having problems with Lion makes me feel much better about upgrading tomorrow!
  • Reply 75 of 96
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member

It's Wednesday. Shouldn't Macworld have a review posted by now?  image

• Reply 76 of 96
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 230member

same here… i'll buy once and will install in 7 machines. 

• Reply 77 of 96

Nothing here as yet. *continues pacing*

• Reply 78 of 96

Quote:

Nothing here as yet. *continues pacing*

Seriously, doesn't Tim Cook know it has been the 25th here in Australia for 18 1/2 hours!  ;)

• Reply 79 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by senorgreg View Post

Seriously, doesn't Tim Cook know it has been the 25th here in Australia for 18 1/2 hours!  ;)

He's obviously not got his eye on the ball.

• Reply 80 of 96

I think I found a post from last year that indicated that Lion first appeared on the App Store about 10pm Sydney Time, so I am hoping that is the case again...