Apple injunction against Galaxy S III would give Samsung 'big problems'

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You couldn't have posted this partially-debunked image in a more modern thread where it's actively being discussed?

Yeah, didn't see that one

• Reply 122 of 137
    icomaicoma Posts: 13member

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Samsung_SGH-F700

http://www.ask.com/wiki/IPhone?qsrc=3044

and reposting this link: http://www.osnews.com/story/26230/Samsung_reveals_its_pre-iPhone_concepts_10_touchscreen

Looks like Samsung was first to market.

So the gist of the jest in that picture works, and is not so much disinformation as is being made out.

That said, at the end of the day, nobody can own the concept of a rectangular box with electronics inside, and buttons and cameras and screens on the outside, niether samsung, sony, apple or anyone.

I can't wait until all these boneheaded mega-corps put all their litigation money into research and development. The only people I care about winning are the consumers, and I don't care one bit about which company does what, as long as they give me what I want.

• Reply 123 of 137
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by iComa View Post

So the gist of the jest in that picture works, and is not so much disinformation as is being made out.

That said, at the end of the day, nobody can own the concept of a rectangular box with electronics inside, and buttons and cameras and screens on the outside, niether samsung, sony, apple or anyone.

I can't wait until all these boneheaded mega-corps put all their litigation money into research and development. The only people I care about winning are the consumers, and I don't care one bit about which company does what, as long as they give me what I want.

You're just going down the list, checking off boxes at this point, aren't you?

Come off it.

• Reply 124 of 137
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    icoma wrote: »
    http://www.ask.com/wiki/Samsung_SGH-F700
    http://www.ask.com/wiki/IPhone?qsrc=3044

In what way does this mirror the functionality of the original iPhone?

• Reply 125 of 137

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

In what way does this mirror the functionality of the original iPhone?

Well, it does make calls.

• Reply 126 of 137

Oh right, forgot to mention; it's nicer than the original iphone, the samsung also give hardware keyboard availability to those that prefer it.

Thanks for the picture showing additional functionality.

Almost forgot, this phone also had HSDPA, and MMS. No clunky link to follow out in a web browser to see the picture your friend sent you, and the ability to have a data and voice channel open at the same time.

So, no only was Samsung first to market, they had an all around superior product, and the rectangular box with button that particular button orientation and placement, that could send and recieve mms, and maintain voice and data simultaneously; things we take for granted now days.

• Reply 127 of 137
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    icoma wrote: »
    Oh right, forgot to mention; it's nicer than the original iphone, the samsung also give hardware keyboard availability to those that prefer it.
    Thanks for the picture showing additional functionality.

We've come full circle. I can hear all those claims from 2007 that said the iPhone won't possibly do well because it doesn't have a HW keyboard.
  • Reply 128 of 137

…it's nicer than the original iPhone…

• Reply 129 of 137

Quote:

LOL, well I'm sure that having to follow a link out on the web browser or if you wanted to see the picture while talking to the person that sent an mms required a person to fire up their Mac made the original iPhone "nicer" to some people, the rest of us couldn't be bothered with that sort of innovation...

At the end of the day, iPhone came to market with a somewhat functional device that still has one of the best, if not the best marketing ever created behind it, and Apple builds very solid reliable products, but "innovation" well, I guess once in awhile they come up with something, but typically they are jonny come lately. To be honest if Android had never come about, I'd likely be on an iPhone.

• Reply 130 of 137

…innovation… …marketing… 

Again, you're just running down the fricking checklist. Why are you people here?

• Reply 131 of 137

Quote:

Again, you're just running down the fricking checklist. Why are you people here?

Sorry, did not know that innovation and marketing were not p.c., and I'm here due to one of the articles making it into the top of my Google News pages, then discovered there were several interesting topics to comment on. As far as "you people" not sure which of "those" you mean.

I'm just a guy who loves cell phones and pie, but mostly cell phones.

• Reply 132 of 137

I'm just a guy who loves cell phones and pie, but mostly cell phones.

Mostly not Apple, you mean. And this isn't a matter of differing opinions, this is the same cut and paste anti-Apple rhetoric we see daily. 

• Reply 133 of 137

Quote:

Mostly not Apple, you mean. And this isn't a matter of differing opinions, this is the same cut and paste anti-Apple rhetoric we see daily. 

No I don't mean "mostly not apple"; and as far as "cut and paste" I would still welcome you to do that with some of those laws and Apple network intentions you mentioned earlier.

And as I said, Apple builds very solid products, but they are no better than many of their competitors, and in many cases not as advanced; this is not anti-apple, it's just a fact; and again, if android had never been created, I'd very likely be on an iPhone as I never got along well with the Blackberry or the Palm, both of which predate both iOS and Android.

I am uncertain what the problem with discussing cell phones openly and honestly is, or why you take it as a personal afront, they are phones, not gods, and if Apple releases the best phone in it's price point, I'll jump ship very fast, as I don't really care who I give my money to, as long as I get the most bang for my dollar.

• Reply 134 of 137

…but they are no better than many of their competitors, and in many cases not as advanced; this is not anti-apple, it's just a fact… 

Every customer satisfaction report for the past decade begs to differ on the former, and the latter is too generic an explanation to be valid.

• Reply 135 of 137

Quote:

Every customer satisfaction report for the past decade begs to differ on the former, and the latter is too generic an explanation to be valid.

Again complete conjecture, especially given that the iPhone has been out for 5 years, as opposed to the 10 years required to be a decade.

Since this has some sort of emotional attachment for you, one that I have no understanding, I will move along and find other forums to discuss topics of interest on.

You really should be better about documenting your assertions, especially with your emotional attachment to your device.

Live in peace, and utilize the phone that you like best.

• Reply 136 of 137

Again complete conjecture, especially given that the iPhone has been out for 5 years, as opposed to the 10 years required to be a decade.

Context: "Apple builds very solid products…"

Answer: [the previous statement]

Correction: "Apple builds a very solid iPhone… "

Snide placation: "My point stands even when limited to five years and just the iPhone. Look. It. Up."

You really should be better about documenting your assertions…

My assertions are the fact you read on every website you visit. Your assertions are nonexistent everywhere. I notice a dearth of proof on your end.

• Reply 137 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShack View Post

InspiredBy.png

The hint is in the picture. Samsung calls it inspiration. Apple calls it stealing. The only thing I can see that is in any way related to 'nature' is the picture on the screen. When is the Galaxy S5 coming?

GalaxyIIIII.png or Galaxy5.png

Really Samsung. As a geek company whithout any afinity with design and inspiration you should not use such misleading words in advertising.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

so geeks, nerds and tweakers are not humans?

I believe the nature parts are the sounds it makes.

I think that The S3 is the first to finally break free of looking remotely like apple (sans the touchwiz). I mean, the design is actually beautiful, although completely difficult to put a screen protector on. lol

Sure it doesn't feel "premium" due to the plastic, but you can't really say that there is no artistic design in this product.

That said, I hope it doesn't get banned. I mean, it is the first step away from apple design. they should just drop touchwiz already, so apple can't keep suing them silly