Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Comments

• Reply 240 of 369
    andreyandrey Posts: 108member
    Quadra, I'm not on a quest against Apple so you don't need to convince me. I'm happy with iPad and Mac book but I'll trade them with easy heart if something better will came out. I'm as former owner of iPhone just happened to have my own opinion. Maybe it's biased by my frustration of release of 4s instead of 5. You don't need to eat me for that. If 5 will be amazing I'll just transfer one of my tmobile numbers to wife's Verizon. If not - will just continue to use company's S3, that replaced iPhone only month ago. I call it choise and this is difference Between gadget freaks and fanboys.
  • Reply 242 of 369

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I would *love* a top-condition first-gen iPhone. It'll be worth plenty later on. 

I'll have to keep that in mind… mine's in perfect condition.

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Maybe it's biased by my frustration of release of 4s instead of 5.

So you're "frustrated" that absolutely every single aspect of the phone was updated to brand new hardware last year. Mhmm…

I call it choise and this is difference Between gadget freaks and fanboys.

How about enlightening us as to the difference there, because they both sound pretty foolish. Spec whores are an even smaller portion of the market than company "fanboys".

• Reply 243 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Quadra, I'm not on a quest against Apple so you don't need to convince me. I'm happy with iPad and Mac book but I'll trade them with easy heart if something better will came out. I'm as former owner of iPhone just happened to have my own opinion. Maybe it's biased by my frustration of release of 4s instead of 5. You don't need to eat me for that. If 5 will be amazing I'll just transfer one of my tmobile numbers to wife's Verizon. If not - will just continue to use company's S3, that replaced iPhone only month ago. I call it choise and this is difference Between gadget freaks and fanboys.

As long as you can distinguish between "fact" and "anecdote", it's all good. 

• Reply 244 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

apple just love sueing people

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/10/26/german-family-owned-cafe-battles-apple-over-logo-dispute/

thats the way the americans live , sue anyone and everyone

even apple fans not happy

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1245890_Apple_upset_over_a_German_woman_s_use_of_an_apple_in_her_cafe_s_logo.html

Except no one really gave a damn. 

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/24/apple-announces-q1-earnings/

Apple even managed to sell 17 million (yes, 17 MILLION) "useless toys" (as trolls like to call them) called iPads last quarter. Others can barely move that many smartphones (never mind so-called "niche" products like tablets) in an entire year, never mind a single quarter. 

When the rubber hits the road, company litigation is way, way down on the average list of consumer concerns. 

(you really have nothing left to wield at Apple, do you?)  What'll you post next? Litigation from 20 years ago?

• Reply 245 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

and another one crawls from under his rock

Under his rock trying to draw a Perfect Rectangle.

• Reply 246 of 369
    Oh, he means "all iPhones" are relics… I didn't get that at all. I thought he was singling me out for having a first-gen.

Ah, ic. No, I meant relic as something holy/sacred. This inside joke when my wife critisized me for trading iphone for s3 at work even though i had no choise. Now I understood your point about updates.
  • Reply 247 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Except no one really gave a damn. 

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/24/apple-announces-q1-earnings/

When the rubber hits the road, company litigation is way, way down on the average list of concerns. 

who gives a cr@p how much they made , if your gona go down that road then

apple has 60,000 employees

samsung have over 300k

apple = Revenue

increase US$ 108.249 billion (2011)

samsung=  Revenue

US$ 247.5 billion (2011)
  • Reply 248 of 369
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

who gives a cr@p how much they made , if your gona go down that road then

apple has 60,000 employees

samsung have over 300k

apple = Revenue

increase US$ 108.249 billion (2011)

samsung=  Revenue

US$ 247.5 billion (2011)

Yeah but half of those Samsung employees are working on parts for Apple iOS devices.

• Reply 249 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Yeah but half of those Samsung employees are working on parts for Apple iOS devices.

lol yeah funny that .

apple have to buy parts from samsung ,that makes me smile even more.

By 2004 Samsung was the world's-largest manufacturer of OLEDs, with a 40 percent market share worldwide,[39] and as of 2010 has a 98% share of the global AMOLED market.[40] The company is leading the world OLED industry, generating $100.2 million out of the total $475 million revenues in the global OLED market in 2006.[41] As of 2006, it held more than 600 American patents and more than 2,800 international patents, making it the largest owner of AMOLED technology patents.

• Reply 250 of 369

So you're "frustrated" that absolutely every single aspect of the phone was updated to brand new hardware last year

I don't know how old you are, but I'm mid 40-s and 3,5' are no longer big enough for my eyes. I don't want to have phone only glasses. Thus my expectations were 4'++. I don't really care about multicore and retina on a phone. This is the only part I like about S3 - screen size. I hate touchwiz and I wish it have sense and their amazing weather gadget. Again, just an opinion.
  • Reply 251 of 369

Samsung sold 235 million mobile handsets in the year 2009.[64] At the end of the third quarter of 2010, the company had surpassed the 70 million unit mark in shipped phones, giving it a global marketshare of 22 percent, trailing Nokia by 12 percent.[65] Overall, the company sold 280 million mobile phones in 2010, corresponding to a market share of 20.2 percent.[66] Partially owing to strong sales of the Samsung Galaxy range of smartphones, the company overtook Apple in worldwide smartphone sales during the third quarter 2011, with a total market share of 23.8 percent, compared to Apple's 14.6-percent share.[67] Samsung became the world's largest cellphone maker in 2012, with the sales of 45 million smart phones in the first quarter.

thats why apple are p1ssed.

• Reply 252 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

1. The U.S. has kept supporting S. Korea since it gave us a military hold in the region, not because we are nice guys. We didn't save the S. Korean people, we stopped Soviet expansion in the region. The moment S. Korea is no longer an asset we would pull out in a heartbeat. The only reason we spend our tax dollars there is because it suits us. 

2. I find it rather offensive that you claim S. Korean companies are honorless, while implying that somehow the U.S. companies aren't. 

Find it as offensive as you want. The American companies aren't stealing IP from the South Korean companies. And, please, let's not pretend that South Korea hasn't benefited enormously from American blood and money, that's offensive. Not rather offensive, disgustingly offensive, sickeningly offensive.

• Reply 253 of 369

By 2004 Samsung was the world's-largest manufacturer of OLEDs, with a 40 percent market share worldwide,[39] and as of 2010 has a 98% share of the global AMOLED market.[40] The company is leading the world OLED industry, generating $100.2 million out of the total $475 million revenues in the global OLED market in 2006.[41] As of 2006, it held more than 600 American patents and more than 2,800 international patents, making it the largest owner of AMOLED technology patents.

This is completely meaningless. Apple doesn't use OLED.

Samsung sold 235 million mobile handsets in the year 2009.[64] At the end of the third quarter of 2010, the company had surpassed the 70 million unit mark in shipped phones, giving it a global marketshare of 22 percent, trailing Nokia by 12 percent.[65] Overall, the company sold 280 million mobile phones in 2010, corresponding to a market share of 20.2 percent.[66] Partially owing to strong sales of the Samsung Galaxy range of smartphones, the company overtook Apple in worldwide smartphone sales during the third quarter 2011, with a total market share of 23.8 percent, compared to Apple's 14.6-percent share.[67] Samsung became the world's largest cellphone maker in 2012, with the sales of 45 million smart phones in the first quarter.

Stop copying and pasting Wikipedia until you understand why you're doing it.

• Reply 254 of 369

Quote:

No, they're pissed, as the court ruled, because Samsung is using Apple's IP on a product running a universally licensed OS to begin with. And it's not just one product, but numerous Samsung products that have been named. And Samsung is flooding the market with them, irrespective of the quality of those products. 

And since Android is universally-lincensed, the door is open for OEMs to infringe on a massive scale. So absolutely, Samsung's sales figures are quite concerning in this regard. They're flooding the market with products containing Apple's rightful IP, and one of the primary reasons they'e selling is precisely *because* they've implemented Apple's IP so closely. This was part of Apple's claim in the US -  a claim which a court and jury thought was perfectly justified. 

• Reply 255 of 369
    lamewing wrote: »
    Sony failed purely due to hubris and the sale of substandard electronics (compared to their past electronic devices). 
    I agree, but not "purely due".... Companies like Samsung (leader), with the business plan of copying and not just beening similar, but out right copying. was a good percentage of the reason for Sony fall from the top. The difference with Apple is upper management have the balls and a big big cash reserve to fight back Samsung tactics. This fight is not just about current wrongs but to prevent future blatant copying. Don't get me wrong they all including apple "borrow" from each other but it becomes a different story when someone just copy.
  • Reply 256 of 369
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

lol yeah funny that .

apple have to buy parts from samsung ,that makes me smile even more.

Check back next year. Yeah funny that! image

• Reply 257 of 369
    Methinks if this website only allowed forums for apple products only ( I'm not saying it should) and no other devices can post here then I'm sure iHaters will actually buy apple products so that they can post here about apple not innovating and blocking competition and all the other things being said here. Especially today. .
    :)
  • Reply 258 of 369
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

apple just love sueing people

The German woman should have thought about that before opening up a cafe called Applebaby and then trying to trademark an Apple as their logo, when a certain tech company, the largest and most successful on the planet, already has kind of slightly been associated with that same fruit for many decades now.

• Reply 259 of 369
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

Are you mentally challenged or what?
  • Reply 260 of 369
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

Are you mentally challenged or what?