Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 137

Originally Posted by edwardkim View Post

I propose that you post a greeting message on AI's Home Page with large fonts in bold to warn that "AI is exclusive domain of Apple Fanboys and others are not welcome unless they also praise Apple God, with no exceptions"

I'm sorry, but if you don't come to a website called "AppleInsider" with the belief that the people on said website are going to be pro-Apple, it's your fault and no one else's. Whining about it won't change that.

This way we who are not Apple Fanboys do not enter AI and post comments that you don't want to know or hear.

Do we have a deal?

I have another deal in mind, one that will actually benefit the forums and get rid of a ton of the lying that goes on here, but trust me, you wouldn't like it.

• Reply 122 of 137
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    edwardkim wrote: »
    TO: TS, JeffDM, hill60 and xRCx, and other Apple Fanboys
    It became clear to me that you guys are extreamly serious Apple Fanboys who worship Apple God mindlessly, and you want to keep AI to be your exclusive domain.
    I propose that you post a greeting message on AI's Home Page with large fonts in bold to warn that "AI is exclusive domain of Apple Fanboys and others are not welcome unless they also praise Apple God, with no exceptions"
    This way we who are not Apple Fanboys do not enter AI and post comments that you don't want to know or hear.
    Do we have a deal?

When you have an argument that is better than a heap of strawmen, we can talk. The people that come here just to trash Apple aren't going to get pity, they don't deserve it. That's the basic definition of trolling. If you're here for a little give and take, earnest conversation, then that's fine.

I don't go to Android dens to look for trouble, and I would appreciate it if Android fans don't come here to look for trouble. Some people on both sides are strongly partisan, but the number of people that come here looking for a fight is just stupid.
  • Reply 123 of 137
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

When you have an argument that is better than a heap of strawmen, we can talk. The people that come here just to trash Apple aren't going to get pity, they don't deserve it. That's the basic definition of trolling. If you're here for a little give and take, earnest conversation, then that's fine.

I don't go to Android dens to look for trouble, and I would appreciate it if Android fans don't come here to look for trouble. Some people on both sides are strongly partisan, but the number of people that come here looking for a fight is just stupid.

I have a question (or more a concern).

If I post above or below one of edwardkim's posts (so that my post is right next to his) is it possible for me to be infected with his stupidity?

• Reply 124 of 137

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

If I post above or below one of edwardkim's posts…

I'm pretty sure trolling isn't like cooties. But then again, I never got cooties as a kid, so I'll probably die the first time a woman actually falls in love with me. 

• Reply 125 of 137
    jeffdm wrote: »
    I'm surprised you think we might support racism. Please give me a link to this jragosta comment privately. I never saw them or the reports. I don't read all reports for that matter, I just hope that someone else can check up on them when I can't. There's enough threads, enough reports that I'm sure there is a fair amount that just fall through the cracks. That's what I was alluding to in random, theres always that chance that it doesn't get spotted and a report doesn't get read.

I'm not saying AI thinks it's racist, I'm saying it's supporting it when a blatantly racial comments in this case, and I don't understand why. I understand there is only so much the mods can do and things will always fall through the cracks, but you not only didn't remove it once you saw it but quoted it in your reply. I understand that many think a comment isn't racist if it uses more mundane language like the term 'towel head" as opposed to more harsh sounding statements like "sand nigger" but if the intent of the speaker/poster is identical then it makes no difference. I'm just as offended by either terms if the context for each is identical.

As for jragosta, I am not saying that he should be banned, I noticed he was banned and wondered what he could have possibly said to get himself banned if making racist comments against other posters isn't an offense on this forum.

BTW, I have repeatedly found your posts to be the most balanced and objective on this forum.
  • Reply 126 of 137
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I'm not saying AI thinks it's racist, I'm saying it's supporting it when a blatantly racial comments in this case, and I don't understand why. I understand there is only so much the mods can do and things will always fall through the cracks, but you not only didn't remove it once you saw it but quoted it in your reply. I understand that many think a comment isn't racist if it uses more mundane language like the term 'towel head" as opposed to more harsh sounding statements like "sand nigger" but if the intent of the speaker/poster is identical then it makes no difference. I'm just as offended by either terms if the context for each is identical.

I thought I'd make a public example of what's bannable. Usually, it's scrubbed clean and no one seems to remember. In light of this, if you think it's best to delete all instances of it, then I'll do it.

As for jragosta, I am not saying that he should be banned, I noticed he was banned and wondered what he could have possibly said to get himself banned if making racist comments against other posters isn't an offense on this forum.
    BTW, I have repeatedly found your posts to be the most balanced and objective on this forum.

I didn't know about jragosta. I've been off the forums more than usual. It turns out he's built up a number of infractions, mostly ad hominem attacks.
  • Reply 127 of 137

Don't confuse post count with time spent on the site. I have been reading AI for years I just don't have as much free times as other to comment. Plus the 4 comment counts are the one been using now since I switched login with FB.

Plus some of you make it sound like anyone that disagree with a mod is an Apple hater when at least in my case is far from the true. 

• Reply 128 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omar Morales View Post

Don't confuse post count with time spent on the site. I have been reading AI for years I just don't have as much free times as other to comment. Plus the 4 comment counts are the one been using now since I switched login with FB.

Plus some of you make it sound like anyone that disagree with a mod is an Apple hater when at least in my case is far from the true. 

Don't confuse time spent on a website and the ownership of Apple gear as putting you in a position where you can feel free to show an astounding lack of manners by making your first few posts both an accusation and a complaint against someone who contributes regularly.

You may wish to evaluate the manner in which you make first impressions.

• Reply 129 of 137

Quote:

Don't confuse time spent on a website and the ownership of Apple gear as putting you in a position where you can feel free to show an astounding lack of manners by making your first few posts both an accusation and a complaint against someone who contributes regularly.

You may wish to evaluate the manner in which you make first impressions.

That goes both ways...

• Reply 130 of 137

Quote:

That goes both ways...

Considering my first few posts on this site didn't involve insulting, not only another member, but also a moderator, I totally agree with you and have already followed your advice.

Please feel free to do so yourself.

• Reply 131 of 137

Quote:

Considering my first few posts on this site didn't involve insulting, not only another member, but also a moderator, I totally agree with you and have already followed your advice.

Please feel free to do so yourself.

So attacking anyone with low post counts is fine by you or anyone that disagrees with a mod. First impressions go both ways. What will new readers think of the community when they start seeing attack post and entitlements based on post count. 

• Reply 132 of 137

Quote:

So attacking anyone with low post counts is fine by you or anyone that disagrees with a mod. First impressions go both ways. What will new readers think of the community when they start seeing attack post and entitlements based on post count. 

It's interesting to see that your lack of manners is matched by your lack of intelligence.

That's not what I said.

• Reply 133 of 137

Quote:

It's interesting to see that your lack of manners is matched by your lack of intelligence.

That's not what I said.

OK I won't Get cough in your personal attacks. You believe what you want and act like you want just remember that the one been defensive and insulting its you that speak more of you that anything else. Have a nice day hope we can agree in something some other day.

• Reply 134 of 137

Quote:

Have a nice day hope we can agree in something some other day.

We most probably will. ;-)

• Reply 135 of 137

You're so far off the mark you should just stop typing and talking.  

• Reply 136 of 137

Originally Posted by heaveho View Post

You're so far off the mark you should just stop typing and talking.  

You should quote the person to whom you're referring in this instance.

Ignore our "Reply" buttons. They do nothing. You want to hit "Quote".

• Reply 137 of 137

the south koreans will cheat, lie, manipulate and bribe their way for a cheap buck.

The most recent assault by the koreans  is the international entertainment and media industry (Hallyu),  which is a propaganda push by the korean government to promote their copycat culture internationally. "The Presidential Council on Nation Branding" and "Voluntary Agency Network of Korea" (VANK) spend over $150 million dollars a year promoting and hyping the korean brand to the world.

Think the above paragraph is paranoid speculation? have a look at the their recent media mind washing propaganda they have done to promote kpoop artist PSY. A fat nobody south korean looser who mysteriously has got  120+million views counts in under a month.

This is a joint action of pathetic south korean scum “YG Entertainment,  the Presidential Council on Nation Branding and Voluntary Agency Network of Korea VANK

who use zombie" korean starcraft” and Warcraft server farms to get view counts up by repetitively querying their artist videos on youtube, this is common procedure in korea. The korean governments propaganda outlets (allkpop.comsoompi.com) and paid off media outlets  will “claim” that this is a new viral craze is a huge hit and people around the world love korean culture and music because of trickery like this. koreans do tricks like this to artificially pimp their non-existent culture to westerners.

Don’t you ever wonder why various unknown south korean videos get 50 million views in 1 week?

Be smart and DO not fall for the pathetic korean governments social engineering tricks.

I hate EVERYTHING korean because they steal copy and claim it as their own.

i am talking BS? live in the states? Go to your local sushi bar or Japanese restaurant. In almost all instances they are not owned by Japanese-Americans but korean-Americans. the koreans know that their native cuisine is disgusting poison (kimchi and dog meat anyone?) and people pay more for Quality Japanese cuisine. koreans "pretend" to be Japanese and sell inferior food with the high price. 

That tactic is very similar to what samsung did to Apple. Copy the superior leader, pretend to be the superior leader, sell inferior products and claim the profits!

Koreans will do any trick to scam money out of people.

I hate koreans who do this and suggest everyone should BOYCOTT KOREAN products NOW

CARS-kia hyundai, licensed GDI direct injection engine technology from Mitsubishi of Japan back in 1999, claims it as their own invention. Copies honda, one example is hyundais logo (H logo is ripped of from hondas H). copy and pretend, rinse and repeat....

kia forte- total rip off of the legendary Honda Civic.    http://montrealracing.com/images/0410kia.jpg

TECHNOLOGY-easy: samscum- rips off and violates apples patents, got caught resulting in multi Bilion dollar fine.

MUSIC-kara-snsd. kpop. fake no talent losers who bleach their face, get tons of face surgery and dye their hair blonde to look white, plagiarises US artists

BOYCOTT THE FOLLOWING KOREAN PRODUCTS

SAMSUNG

LG

Hyundai

Kumho/Hankook Tires

kia

Hynix

Hanjin

ALL korean propaganda outlets such as YG Entertainment and S.M. Entertainment

IT is perfectly ok buy apple products  that have got some korean components such as memory, SSD and displays because samsung,LG,hynix  make little profit on their OEM and supplier division.  Koreans make make the gains on the branded devices like  TVs, cars and cellphones  which have huge profit margins.

HIT south korea HARD AND BOYCOTT SOUTH KOREAN COMPANIES!