iPhone 5 reportedly suffers from quick scrolling issue

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post

I cannot replicate this on my iPhone 5 running 6.0.1

I cannot replicate this on my iPhone 5 running 6.0.1 either.

This issue is bogus and should not be on the front page of any website.

• Reply 22 of 49
    konqerror wrote: »
    It's a palm detect feature. It stops the moment you swipe off the edge of the screen. You can see it if you slow-mo the Youtube video. And it only triggers on a diagonal motion, you know in the shape of a palm and a thumb. But I will take Recombu's advice and since it's a permanent hardware flaw, and therefore I'm returning my phone and buying a SGIII.

I love these 1 post trolls who have nothing to say, but reticule themself.:no:
  • Reply 23 of 49
    Pls go to this site
    http://www.mizzimaburmese.com/

download the font there.
    If you want to view what I have posted.
  • Reply 24 of 49

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I love these 1 post trolls who have nothing to say, but reticule themself.image

Handbags, eh? I like it. image

• Reply 25 of 49
    Hello..
    You are testing with other Unicode set...that's why it is not viewable completely.
    Here is the site you can download font
    Burmese Unicode is not very standardized yet. But it is OK to view on iOS5 but not completely iOS6.

Thanks
    It will show like this
    [IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/16032/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
  • Reply 26 of 49
    Hello Mr Tallest Skil.

I will be very much appreciate if you could test out our Burmese Unicode fonts Problem.
    Mail & Safari could not be view our fonts. We use 3rd party app Mogok or Myanmar browser lite to look at Gmail, FBook etc.
    Thanks to the iOS6 web kit, to see a web page in our language, it takes forever to load. Mail app is frozen and even quit.
    If you could test it and write an article, Apple would pay some attention I hope.
    I wrote several feedback, bug reports and in the forum on Apple site but not getting much attention to them.
    Zawgyi font is widely use for web viewing on our language.
    Apple is popular in our country.
    But it suck bcoz of this problem.

Pls check those sites on iPad with Mogok app and you will see what happen.
    http://www.news-eleven.com/

Here is my email zhtway_____ add ______ gmail.com. If you want to help me to test it, I can send you email to see what happen if u get email with our language.

That's what our people are suffering with iOS6.

Thank you for your help.
    zhtway
  • Reply 27 of 49
    SCROLLGATE, but really WHO THE F*CK SCROLLS LIKE THAT
  • Reply 28 of 49
    IMO this is a software glitch that appears only on scrolling views. Why iPhone 5 only? Actually, it affects every device, but is the most obvious on iPhone 5 due to its high speed.
  • Reply 29 of 49

I may be just the email program connecting to the server that causes it to pause.

Time will tell.

• Reply 30 of 49
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Quote:

I actually thought he was being funny (it made me laugh). I think it was his opinion that this issue is actually a correct behavior, and was implying severe sarcasm about abandoning the iPhone just because it is doing what it is supposed to do if you touch it a certain way. 

But I could be wrong about this. After all, I can't figure out how to include his comment in the "quote" portion of my reply post. (have I ever mentioned how much I hate the new AI comment system?)

PS,

Just wait for the vertical border edge issues with the iPad Mini image

• Reply 31 of 49
    Can't make it happen on iPhone 5 6.0.1
  • Reply 32 of 49
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by logandigges View Post

Can't make it happen on iPhone 5 6.0.1

I can on the latest update. To me it looks like an intentional circuit breaker response to overload input.

• Reply 33 of 49

Quote:

Okay. image

• Reply 34 of 49
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    1) WTH is with the font posts in this thread?

2) I can't recreate it with my iPhone 5 running v6.0.1 despite trying so hard that I now have worn out channel in the cover glass.
  • Reply 35 of 49
    emig647 wrote: »
    I'd really like to know when a user would have to beat their phone like in the video? Seems a bit excessive to me. 

Ever played Infinity Blade II? Things can get really crazy there, especially when dual wielding.
  • Reply 36 of 49
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

They state that the problem (if it is indeed a problem) is caused by hardware, but fail to say why. 

Could it be that presenting it as a hardware glitch is a little more sensationalist?

Two possibilities:

1/. Apple will present a 'software fix' that will do nothing, but will lead the six people who believe they've seen the problem to proclaim that all is well.

2/. Folk will lose interest and go on to something else (as they did with PurpleFlareGate).

• Reply 37 of 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

I may be just the email program connecting to the server that causes it to pause.

Time will tell.

No, it has nothing to do with internet connection, palm detection or hardware. In short, this is a concurrency problem of a scrolling view animation and another application task. Due to scrolling animation specifics, they can’t happen at the same time. So, there are numerous way to fix it in software, and iOS update is capable of fixing this for every app. This is non-issue. For those interested, no, it doesn’t affect games, so your Infinity Blade and Fruit Ninja strikes will land where they should.

But I like how the media picks up story that reads “if you behave like a monkey your iPhone 5 won’t agree with you” and makes it up into “if you touch iPhone 5 screen it may burst in flames!”.

For the guys who want to switch to Android because of that: please, do.

• Reply 38 of 49
    viktorcode wrote: »
    No, it has nothing to do with internet connection, palm detection or hardware. In short, this is a concurrency problem of a scrolling view animation and another application task. Due to scrolling animation specifics, they can’t happen at the same time. So, there are numerous way to fix it in software, and iOS update is capable of fixing this for every app. This is non-issue. For those interested, no, it doesn’t affect games, so your Infinity Blade and Fruit Ninja strikes will land where they should.

Do you actually have a source for this? Because your post doesn't make sense considering that it doesn't happen on the iPhone 4S, which is a dual core system.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    You're doing it wrong.
  • Reply 40 of 49
    Honestly I didn't notice until..it was pointed out...then again I don't rapid scroll too often.