Tim Cook named runner-up for Time's Person of the Year

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30

On the same day that Tim Cook was named runner-up (third place) as Man of the Year by TIME magazine, CNBC's Herb Greenberg announced his list of the WORST CEOs of 2012. Steve Balmer came up third worst of the year. He was really in a tie for second worst.

Hey, I can't make this kind of stuff up!  image

• Reply 22 of 30
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member

Disgraceful! Tim Cook should have been first runner up after Malala Yousafzai. Morsi is a brutal thuggish dictator.

• Reply 23 of 30
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member

If only Tim Cook would have watched Apple employees dying and done nothing about it he might have tied or even beaten Obama. Maybe next year Tim.

-kpluck

• Reply 24 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Disgraceful! Tim Cook should have been first runner up after Malala Yousafzai. Morsi is a brutal thuggish dictator.

This is not a humanitarian award or a popularity contest. The interesting thing about Time is that they pick the Person of the Year based on the impact of the news they created - good or bad. Hitler was Time's Man of the Year at one point. All to say, heroes, villains and celebrities are all eligible.

• Reply 25 of 30
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    …one of the greatest innovators in history….

Oh, no. Oh. No. Secure those lines! Anchor the cannons! Batten down the hatches! We need to be ready for this storm! And I'll keel-haul the fool that decided to go fishin' for the Anti-Apple Brigade!

Arrr!
  • Reply 26 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

No forgiveness needed, as you obviously are just clueless and have no concept of what ousting means.

Americans love to condemn others. It's tiresome.

I saw what he was saying about Jobs being ousted. If Jobs was not dying, he'd still be CEO. There.

• Reply 27 of 30
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

If only Tim Cook would have watched Apple employees dying and done nothing about it he might have tied or even beaten Obama. Maybe next year Tim.

-kpluck

Blocked for being a red-necked dick. 

• Reply 28 of 30

I don't doubt Tim's credentials for running this company but let's be honest, it was doing alright when he took over and nothing truly astounding has happened during his reign so far. 6 monthly update on an iPad, unnecessary thinning of the iMac, uninspiring share price, more info leaks than ever, people being sacked etc.

I just hope he is getting warmed up and the new products will make up for it.

• Reply 29 of 30

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

…nothing truly astounding has happened during his reign so far.

6th iPhone (with the wrong name) says otherwise. Your lack of comprehension about the iMac doesn't make it "uninspiring". Less info leaks than ever. And yeah, Steve fired zero people when he became CEO.

I mean, come on.

• Reply 30 of 30
    jnjnjnjnjnjn Posts: 588member
    evilution wrote: »
    I don't doubt Tim's credentials for running this company but let's be honest, it was doing alright when he took over and nothing truly astounding has happened during his reign so far. 6 monthly update on an iPad, unnecessary thinning of the iMac, uninspiring share price, more info leaks than ever, people being sacked etc.
    I just hope he is getting warmed up and the new products will make up for it.

What you didn't notice was probably the biggest achievement.

J.