Microsoft, partners readying iPad mini competitors for later this year

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    MS needs to get windows 8 straight before they attempt to make more tablets that will be a flop
  • Reply 62 of 70
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Yeah, but with the Mini Surface you'll get to clickity-clack your keyboard and dance around like an idiot. Instead of, you know, using the device.

Oh yeah I forgot about the instant hip hop skills feature
  • Reply 64 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Ist das nicht mein clicky-clack?   Ja, das ist mein clicky-clack!

• Reply 65 of 70
    ash471ash471 Posts: 705member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I have been trialing Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 for the last month and I disagree with you. Granted I'd prefer much larger screen for any work in general, but tablet was fully functional in Office apps. People with thicker fingers will probably prefer using digitiser pen, but for small to average hands, fingers will do fine. If you need full Office compatibility on tablet, there is no other even remotely functional solution.

If you need Office compatibility, why not just use a Macbook Air?  I have an iPad 3, iPhone 5, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro.  I probably spend 95% of my time on MBA and iPhone.  In fact, most the people I associate with need power point and Word and we all use MBA and iPhone.  When I go to meetings it is almost humorous how everyone pulls out a MBA and iPhone.  If I didn't need Word, I'd probably be using iPad.   

• Reply 66 of 70
    Competitors is a strong word specially comming from a Microsoft product.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    That can't be! The iPad is a complete failure because it doesn't have a memory card slot or a real filesystem. /s
    This is for real?
    First you are posting a comment against Apple in a site called appleinsider.
    Second you are posting a really stupid commentary against Apple in a site called appleinsider.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Mac101 View Post

This is for real?

First you are posting a comment against Apple in a site called appleinsider.

Second you are posting a really stupid commentary against Apple in a site called appleinsider.

Welcome. You'll notice things like /s, ¡, and "___" in posts. They represent sarcasm.

We tend to do that a lot. image

• Reply 69 of 70
    ptramptram Posts: 58member
    The main advange of Surface? MsOffice!
    Now, how do you run Office on a 7-8" tablet?
  • Reply 70 of 70
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

I had one, to slow though. I'm actually really happy with my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 for work and my iPad for play.

btracy713 wrote: »
    MS needs to get windows 8 straight before they attempt to make more tablets that will be a flop

Windows 8 is actually an okay OS, still prefer Unix/OSX but very use able and quick.