Doing double duty, Nokia announces new high-end, low-end handsets

Comments

• Reply 41 of 68
    scprofessorscprofessor Posts: 218member

Because my stupidity helps you sleep better at night thinking that you are on a higher tree. So I have done a good deed for the day.

But if you want to get serious, I'll run warp circles around you at 88 mph and buy this crap overnight before you say princess. 

• Reply 42 of 68

Try me. And don't you ever ef with me again. I'll try to show some respect through stupid humour. Give me the same and we can share a beer.

• Reply 43 of 68
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Why would you purposely write something stupid instead of trying to write something that makes sense and carries a conversation?

What's the problem? He fits in just fine with many of the posters here. God knows I've had my fair share of nonsensical posts.
  • Reply 44 of 68
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    What's the problem? He fits in just fine with many of the posters here. God knows I've had my fair share of nonsensical posts.

I don't recall you ever writing anything specifically not to be a complete sentence or make sense to the reader. You seem too sane for that.
  • Reply 45 of 68

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Thanks, I think. Oh well if peeps can't take the 99.999% of the BS the strings from my posts, then they are in line for a heart attack. 

• Reply 46 of 68
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I don't recall you ever writing anything specifically not to be a complete sentence or make sense to the reader. You seem too sane for that.

Sane yes, sensical not always, but thanks. I've enjoyed our debates.
  • Reply 47 of 68
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

That doesn't mean the company is going to topple Apple, that Apple is going to die or that Nokia is going to own the market even. It does mean that Elop gave us his plan and the company really seems to be executing well on it. To me, it gives Nokia a better chance than most other cell companies that aren't making a dime and it probably shows given what has happened to HTC and others that Nokia was wise to avoid Android.

Samsung stalked Nokia for almost ten years, they copied their phones, they copied their scattergun tactics, until Apple came along and disrupted things then Samsung went for the jugular.

Samsung is profitable and hitting up every market Nokia is involved in.

Apple/Nokia is basically irrelevant due mainly to the failure of Windows Mobile.

• Reply 48 of 68
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    For all parties around the great toilet paper debate, this is exactly why I can't you iApple users or any of their products serious. And btw with my flame on suit, why do you think alum. is better than a poly. I crushed an alum. beer can yesterday. Can't say the same about my Gatorade bottle.

Forgetting all the blah about this post being banter etc, I have read it a few times and it makes no sense.
    Did you take 5 consecutive words from 11 random sentences and just post them up?

We aren't digging you out about what you said simply because we don't understand what you have said.

Try using better English more.
  • Reply 49 of 68

Well I do hold a Ph.D. from the University of South Kaclelacky... an contradictory statement in itself. But I'll try to start writing to the plebs two degrees lower.

• Reply 50 of 68

"Try using better English more." Do you want me to analyze academically that statement? I can. See how the adverb comes after the verb. Even though I still like "to boldly go..."  

• Reply 51 of 68
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCProfessor View Post

"Try using better English more." Do you want me to analyze academically that statement? I can. See how the adverb comes after the verb. Even though I still like "to boldly go..."  

Any idiot can see he meant "Try using more better English".

Bachelor of sheep-dip, University of Woolloomooloo

• Reply 52 of 68

Idiot number 1 checking in. But I do like to have fun and have some with the vid you posted.

• Reply 53 of 68
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

That was when England owned it. Same with Africa.

Since they insisted on their independence they have both gone down hill and luxuries have gone.

Whoa, wait, I'm 100% certain that my father was there post-independence, and 50 years ago puts it there. He didn't live in the slums, but he wasn't a prince either. 

• Reply 54 of 68

Whoa, wait, I'm 100% certain that my father was there post-independence, and 50 years ago puts it there. He didn't live in the slums, but he wasn't a prince either. 

I was last there 6 years ago. TP was supplied everywhere, except in outdoor public bathrooms.

There is this unfortunate cultural divide where close-minded people on one side think that soap and water is less sanity than dry pieces of paper and vice versa. My daily shower doesn't consist of rubbing dry paper towels over my body, but using soap and water.

I'd say the US would enjoy the bidet but they seem to be adamantly anything that sounds French. Perhaps if it was rebranded as Zero Dark Turdy: Waterboarding For Your Bunghole it would be more readily adopted.
  • Reply 55 of 68
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Samsung stalked Nokia for almost ten years, they copied their phones, they copied their scattergun tactics, until Apple came along and disrupted things then Samsung went for the jugular.

Samsung is profitable and hitting up every market Nokia is involved in.

Apple/Nokia is basically irrelevant due mainly to the failure of Windows Mobile.

I understand that Samsung is in every market that Nokia is in but Android runs like crap even on high end hardware. People complain about freezing and sluggishness even with 8 cores. I just sold off the Nexus 7 I was playing with for a few months ago and it had hesitations within apps even with four cores.

The Samsung experience on a low end phone is going to be crap because Android is crap. Worse still they often give up on Android and instead run this terrible Java based OS of theirs with a bunch of touchwiz type kludges on top. The videos of Asha running this new form of S40 and even the low end Windows phones are all smoother and better experiences.

Now the latest Lumia on Verizon I believe is going to sell some phones. The 928 is a revised 920 that is better in every way and is only $100 on contract. Plus unlike the giant phablet phones this is at a good size. They certainly are good enough to help Nokia get back to profitability.

• Reply 56 of 68
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'd say the US would enjoy the bidet but they seem to be adamantly anything that sounds French.

I, personally, don't like the idea at all. Things are supposed to go away from there, not toward… 

• Reply 57 of 68

^^ Not a paid spokesperson, but I've had no hangs or gliches in JellyBean on a S2. With the win/ Nokia 920, it does freeze from time to time requiring a soft reset. My daughter is using for now as we try to get the funds for her stolen iP5. She is liking it more and more, as she admits that the OS is more robust than the iP5, but not as "customized" as the android phone. 

At any rate, I can not detect a difference when she would call from a iP5 or win/Nokia 920 or my Sammy G2. I guess when they say phone, they mean a phone.

• Reply 58 of 68
    My daughter is using for now as we try to get the funds for her stolen iP5.

Is it being held for ransom?
  • Reply 59 of 68
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

Data price is the same no matter what device you use.

The cheap $99 will be more expensive than the iphone 5 at tmobile for mothers day. iphone 4 is free from the major USA carriers.

I don't know how it is in the US but here when you buy a contract without a phone it's less expensive by as much as $15. Not to mention your locked in for 2 years where as purchasing your own phone you can opt for a one year contract. Nothing is free.

• Reply 60 of 68
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Is it being held for ransom?

Hehe, the ransom note came in the form of a Tweet.