Apple announces WWDC 2013 keynote for Monday, June 10

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Don't get to excited this is likely to be more about a host of little things not just iOS. 

When they've just ignored everything but iOS for the last few years, why would you think that?

• Reply 22 of 40
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    So excited for both iOS7 and 10.9. I think both OSes are currently fantastic, so any improvement would be icing on the cake.

The initial development of maps must have sucked a massive amt of resources and time, so glad that's out of the way. Also, I have absolutely no clue what they might do to OSX, which makes it even more exciting. Hope to God there's a livestream. I'm also tempted to watch the keynote live, then visit apple.com, then not even bothering to read anything else about the event, and ignore all comments, to spare my self the usual horse-shit commentary.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    brutus009brutus009 Posts: 356member

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaf-love-apple View Post

I can't waiting coming soon out for apple iOS 7 the WWDC everything is product more things on June soon yay I'm so excited yes. I support Apple are Rocks the future!

Am I supposed to be laughing this hard?

• Reply 24 of 40
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

Am I supposed to be laughing this hard?

Only if you assume that English is everyone's first language.

• Reply 25 of 40
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Looking forward to getting 10.9.2. Any word on the name of this cat?

I'll probably install 10.9.1 when it's released.

• Reply 26 of 40
    ecsecs Posts: 307member
    Mac Pro pleaaaaase
  • Reply 27 of 40
    Is there any news if there will be a live stream of the Keynote? They started doing it again here recently, so I would hope that they would do it again.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    What's I/O?
    In this case, googles version of a keynote presentation.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

True. Schiller is a horrible presenter, fwiw. So is Federighi though. My opinions image

In fairness, it's not so much that he's terrible (I've seen MANY who are much, much worse), as much as Steve was so good at it (through much practice and experience of his own, heaped atop some natural talent for it.)

• Reply 30 of 40
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    mj1970 wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not so much that he's terrible (I've seen MANY who are much, much worse), as much as Steve was so good at it (through much practice and experience of his own, heaped atop some natural talent for it.)

I always thought Forstall was the best presenter after Jobs, then everyone distantly behind that. He exuded the same kind of obvious passion and gravitas that Jobs did. I actually like Schiller the least. He tends to speak way, way too fast and needs to learn to slow down, articulate, and create some more gravitas. He rushes too much.

I still watch the original iPhone keynote from time to time because of its sheer epicness. Nothing else has even come close, and nothing will.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I always thought Forstall was the best presenter after Jobs, then everyone distantly behind that.

Forstall was pretty good, if a bit smarmy and slimy looking. JMESHO.

• Reply 32 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    zoffdino wrote: »
    Phil Schiller. He also did stood in for Forstall at the 2012 introduction of the iPad Mini.
    There was no software introduced with the mini so Forstall wouldn't have been presenting anyway.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Looking forward to my shiney new 5s & 5th generation super fast iPad running on iOS 7
    You'll be waiting quite awhile as I suspect neither of those products will debut at WWDC.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    allenbf wrote: »
    Can't see Ive doing it, maybe Federighi? I'm thinking so

I like Federighi. He can be so funny. People should watch his keynotes, you can download them by registering (not paying) as a developer, through iTunes.
    slurpy wrote: »
    I still watch the original iPhone keynote from time to time because of its sheer epicness. Nothing else has even come close, and nothing will.

You too? That's good to read, I appreciate it.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    slurpy wrote: »
    I always thought Forstall was the best presenter after Jobs, then everyone distantly behind that. He exuded the same kind of obvious passion and gravitas that Jobs did. I actually like Schiller the least. He tends to speak way, way too fast and needs to learn to slow down, articulate, and create some more gravitas. He rushes too much.

Yep, this. Forstall was a damn good presenter, 2nd only to Steve at Apple. Schiller is a great mind no doubt, but he doesn't use much inflection...all rather monotone and emotionless to me.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    guiguihipguiguihip Posts: 29member
    F
    I can't waiting coming soon out for apple iOS 7 the WWDC everything is product more things on June soon yay I'm so excited yes. I support Apple are Rocks the future!

bancho wrote: »

Only if you assume that English is everyone's first language.

I'm Belgian, English is my third language and I am not even as bad as 'deaf-love-apple'. English is probably his/her eleventh language for his/her English to be that bad: putting together a simple sentence saying how excited one is about iOS 7 can't be THAT hard!
  • Reply 37 of 40
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Outside of iOS7 (most excited for this) and OSX 10.9 (also awesome)- what else are we expecting?
    MacBook Air
    Mac Mini (only because it seems to always go with the air)
    And a potential Mac Pro?
    Could airports/TC get silent releases?

I just long for the next ATV more than any other refresh this year
  • Reply 38 of 40
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,268member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Outside of iOS7 (most excited for this) and OSX 10.9 (also awesome)- what else are we expecting?

MacBook Air

Mac Mini (only because it seems to always go with the air)

And a potential Mac Pro?

Could airports/TC get silent releases?

I just long for the next ATV more than any other refresh this year

Having just bought an Apple TV a month ago, I'd be pretty pissed if they released one now!

I'm looking forward to a Mac Pro too. I'm not sure whether it will debut in June, or later this year, but I really want one!

• Reply 39 of 40
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,339moderator
    Upgraded MacBooks featuring Intel's new Haswell processors are <a href="http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/04/28/upgraded-macbook-models-expected-to-highlight-wwdc-2013">also expected</a> to be introduced at the event.

If there's no design changes or Retina displays, they can just take the store down around June 4th/5th. They'll ship with the newest OS. For the most part, Tim said to focus on the Fall:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/23/apple-ceo-tim-cook-hypes-the-fall-downplays-the-summer-on-new-hardware/

"I don’t want to be more specific, but we’ve got some really great stuff coming in the fall and across all of 2014"

The Ivy Bridge Xeon EP doesn't come out until Q3. WWDC is the right place to intro a Mac Pro but the wrong time. Laptops are a given as they are at the end of their cycle but I expect drop-in upgrades and hopefully price drops.

An iMac upgrade will be possible but they've only been shipping Ivy Bridge desktop chips for a few months. I suspect they'll want to push that upgrade out a bit and the Mini may go with it (maybe not as it uses laptop CPUs). Another 2-3 months isn't all that big of a deal and it keeps all the desktop upgrades together.

The quad PowerVR 6 GPUs come later on too and September keeps the iOS devices in that back-to-school and run up to Christmas period. It's still not clear why they were at the games conference but they must have something cooking with games given the graphics power of those upcoming iOS devices. It's a massive draw for developers because they sell over 125m units per year. The next iOS devices will rival the PS3 and 360 in performance and match their combined worldwide volume in 1 year. If AAA developers get a special place in the store, there's a big incentive to port games over.
  • Reply 40 of 40
    guiguihip wrote: »
    F

I'm Belgian, English is my third language and I am not even as bad as 'deaf-love-apple'. English is probably his/her eleventh language for his/her English to be that bad: putting together a simple sentence saying how excited one is about iOS 7 can't be THAT hard!

Ah I see I understand that alright no problem but I am deaf sign language. Thanks you :-)