iOS 7 beta: Zoom while recording video in Apple's Camera app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    ajbdtc826ajbdtc826 Posts: 190member
    Mavericks is CHOCK FULL of innovations that other operating systems can't even come close to. All the beta testers commenting on it now say it's the best release of OSX ever. The memory handling and battery saving features alone blow away anything else. You really don't know what you're talking about.
    Ok, agree to disagree. If you think the highlighted items of "dual screen works like you'd expect" are innovations instead of evolutions, ill leave you to your bliss. I won't be upgrading, the last 2 iterations have slowed my 2010 iMac down to TI-83 levels. One more of these "innovating OS's" and I might as well go back to suffering with Windows (not gonna happen).
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Mavericks is CHOCK FULL of innovations that other operating systems can't even come close to. All the beta testers commenting on it now say it's the best release of OSX ever. The memory handling and battery saving features alone blow away anything else. You really don't know what you're talking about.
    I agree, I gained at least 2.5 - 3 hours of battery on my mbp. It's amazing what they are able to do and it's still in beta. I can't wait for the gm. And yes, "I'm a fan of smooth scrolling as well." ;)
  • Reply 23 of 29
    attachattach Posts: 4member
    As an iPhone 5 owner, I'd like to comment on how frustrating it is to have a large 4" screen and not to have a photo fill that screen automatically. There is obviously a design fault in the camera app, which after all this time has not been fixed by Apple as a software update, and also has not been picked up and mentioned by any reviewers. I'll bet glitch this does not happen with any Android camera!
    TrevorS.
  • Reply 24 of 29

Hey! That's not even new to the iPhone.

• Reply 25 of 29

Well, it sure happens with Android phones (except most flagship models) but it doesn't happen with iPhone.

• Reply 26 of 29

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That CERTAINLY couldn't be true.

The snap even with 50-megapixel camera on iPhone wouldn't take up that much space.

• Reply 27 of 29
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    You seem to be clicking the Reply button.

It's worthless. Don't do that.

You want the Quote button, and in this case Multi, for quoting multiple posts in one of yours.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,331moderator
    As can be seen in the clip above, video zoom in iOS 7 is relatively fluid

Relatively fluid compared to what? Zooming a DSLR while riding a tractor? I think it would have been much easier to detect a thumb slide up or down and the slider should have an interpolation so that the zoom never, ever jumps from one level to another, always at a smooth rate. Focus could be done using a double-tap hold.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    notscottnotscott Posts: 247member
    Why a two-finger pinch, which is a pain in the balls when shooting? Why not slide one finger up or down on the display?