Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 to developers with iPad support, new Siri voices

Comments

• Reply 61 of 86
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member
    povilas wrote: »
    I'm reporting all bugs. When in lock screen home button double click would always show music controls and now it doesn't. Hope it's just a bug.

Yeah, I thought you instead just swipe up to activate Control Center.
  • Reply 62 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

Hey, they have the male voice for Siri in this beta image

You can bet that Dr. Rajesh Koothrapali would be as turned on by the male voice as he was by the female voice!

I'm downloading the iPad Mini iOS 7 beta right now!

• Reply 63 of 86
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    pendergast wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought you instead just swipe up to activate Control Center.

Yes.
    I'm reporting all bugs. When in lock screen home button double click would always show music controls and now it doesn't. Hope it's just a bug.

It's not in beta 1. You swipe up to see control centre.
  • Reply 64 of 86
    povilaspovilas Posts: 473member

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Yes.

On my 4S it was in beta 1.

• Reply 65 of 86
    asdasd wrote: »
    Yes.

I would think this is better anyway, less use of the home button that could wear it out.
  • Reply 66 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

I would think this is better anyway, less use of the home button that could wear it out.

Can i decide myself?

• Reply 67 of 86
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Can i decide myself?
    Well if Apple has decided to put music controls inside of control center, then no you can't. Unless you chose to stay on iOS 6.
  • Reply 68 of 86
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    pendergast wrote: »
    I agree. Of course no matter what Apple does someone will complain. :lol:
  • Reply 69 of 86
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

iOS 7 currently runs like a slightly better version of Android in terms of performance. Its overall behavior reminds of the Prezi presentation software... With some webOS features thrown in for good measure.

• Reply 70 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I agree. Of course no matter what Apple does someone will complain. image

Of course, because it's a simple option. The setting for doubdle and tripple click in the settings is also gone. For what fucking reason?

• Reply 71 of 86
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    Of course, because it's a simple option. The setting for doubdle and tripple click in the settings is also gone. For what fucking reason?

What double click setting? There is a tripple click setting in accessability, and if it's missing from the iOS beta then I would expect it to reappear when iOS 7 launches.

As far as double click home on lock goes, they probably don't give the option because it would be too confusing having duplicate controls. After all, the controls are expanded and improved in the new control panel. Why support an inferior legacy mode? Further, in iOS 7, there are no controls in the app manager, so people won't associate doubleclick home with those types of controls.
  • Reply 72 of 86
    iaeen wrote: »
    What double click setting? There is a tripple click setting in accessability, and if it's missing from the iOS beta then I would expect it to reappear when iOS 7 launches.

As far as double click home on lock goes, they probably don't give the option because it would be too confusing having duplicate controls. After all, the controls are expanded and improved in the new control panel. Why support an inferior legacy mode? Further, in iOS 7, there are no controls in the app manager, so people won't associate doubleclick home with those types of controls.

What the **** are you smoking people? I take my iPhone from my pocket while doing so i manage to double click home button wake the screen and at the same time bring music controls to the screen then i just click play button and enjoy. Now i have to take my phone out of the pocket wake it up swipe up an click to play. Count the time and count the steps to the goal. Talk about inferior ... The home button way is just a natural way to do this while the new way just adds more time and more steps to achieve same thing.
  • Reply 73 of 86
    What the **** are you smoking people? I take my iPhone from my pocket while doing so i manage to double click home button wake the screen and at the same time bring music controls to the screen then i just click play button and enjoy. Now i have to take my phone out of the pocket wake it up swipe up an click to play. Count the time and count the steps to the goal. Talk about inferior ...

click, click, tap.
    click, swipe, tap.

either way its 3 steps (4 if you include remove from pocket). You can argue that a double click will be 0.3 seconds faster, but to 99.9% of users thats not really that big of a deal.

If you are unlocking your phone, do you seriously not do the swipe to unlock gesture as you are pulling the thing out of your pocket? I (and I suspect most people) have it on the passcode screen before I even see the thing.

If this really bothers you, just learn to use the apple remote. You wont even have to take the iPhone out of your pocket if you do that.
  • Reply 74 of 86
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    click, click, tap.
    click, swipe, tap.

New way is click, swipe (to unlock), swipe, (to enter CC), tap; so that is 1 extra tap. Besides, if you're already have the homescreen in front of you I'd just open the iTunes player. But that's just me.
  • Reply 75 of 86
    philboogie wrote: »
    New way is click, swipe (to unlock), swipe, (to enter CC), tap; so that is 1 extra tap. Besides, if you're already have the homescreen in front of you I'd just open the iTunes player. But that's just me.

No, it's not. Control center is available from the lock screen.
  • Reply 76 of 86
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    J

Just swipe up - there's your UI
  • Reply 77 of 86
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

No, it's not. Control center is available from the lock screen.

Ah, ok, I missed that. (And I don't have the dev preview)

Thanks. You too, asdasd
  • Reply 78 of 86
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

The Triple Click Setting is present but renamed to "Accessibility Shortcuts" at the moment.

The Double Click music controls appear to have been deprecated.

I wonder if Double Click on the Lock Screen may be used for another purpose in the future.
  • Reply 79 of 86
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

I wonder if Double Click on the Lock Screen may be used for another purpose in the future.

Self destruct?
  • Reply 80 of 86
    jungmark wrote: »
    Self destruct?

Maybe it'll be like the James Bond pen from Goldeneye. Just don't click it three times...