Imgur for iOS brings viral images to iPhone and iPad

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Imgur released its first official iOS app this week, offering a browsable and searchable version of the popular online viral picture, meme and GIF repository to Apple's portable devices.

Imgur

Imgur for iOS allows users to browse images, filter searches, vote, and for registered users, upload content directly to the gallery.

Searching uses a filter mechanism that mimics the web version by narrowing down images by "Most viral," "Highest scoring" and "Newest," while the gesture-supported user interface and layout is carried over as well.

Many familiar features make it into the app, including a condensed comments section, in-app voting, a share button, and management for accounts and albums.

Imgur is available now as 4.4MB free download from the App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    UI is abysmal. Uploading a photo and getting a direct link takes about 90 taps.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Well either Apple is being hypocritical here, Imgur is censoring their own app, or this thing will be banned in a matter of days.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Well either Apple is being hypocritical here, Imgur is censoring their own app, or this thing will be banned in a matter of days.

Exactly what I was thinking, some of the uploaded images are x-rated, better get in quick, although the pictures are already available via various subreddits in other Apps.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    From the looks of the reviews, I should just stick with whatever third party one I've been using for years now.