iPhone 5c preorders to go live Friday at midnight Pacific, 3 a.m. Eastern

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70

Old hardware for brand new, nearly top of the line price. 

This is some kind of a joke.

Apple should have cut more corners on the 5C and offered it at significantly less.

• Reply 62 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

We all can agree Apple will never make a cheap bargain phone. But a midtier phone? We all assumed that's what Apple would give us. I don't consider $550 midtier.

Apple has already made a mid-tier phone. It's just priced well out of its real performance range. My 2-year-old Android phone has a superior screen, similar processor, and other specs to the 5C. They're both plastic, though of course the 5C is still a superior build (doesn't justify its price). 

• Reply 63 of 70

I can't wait to wake up in the morning and see what really happens, see if they say out of  stock for any colors, or if all will be available for launch. I think it's interesting they actually offer an unlocked phone on launch day, as in the past it seemed like they waited a month to release an unlocked version.

• Reply 64 of 70

LG LTE HD, aka Nitro HD. I can't sell it for much, maybe only a $100 now, but I got it new for $200 unlocked last year. Even if I lose $100 on it now or $150 on it in the future, it would still have cost me far less than the loss I would have taken on a 4S. 

Unsure about the lag you're referring to. I don't run stock 4.2, and anyone with an Android, especially a Samsung, should never use carrier ROMs. Android was a "crap" OS a few years ago. Not so much now. 

• Reply 65 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Apple doesn't cut corners.  Don't you know this?  They are a premium brand.  Selling a compromised phone would tarnish their reputation and cost them BILLIONS in Goodwill.

Old hardward thats still faster than the top of the line $700 Samsung.

Plus with better build quality.

Plus with far better eco-system

Far better OS (that gets updated, unlike Android which is at the whim of the carrier)

Plus far better tech and customer service

Sure is a joke.

LOL. Faster than a $700 Samsung? You really believe that the A6 is faster than even last generation quad chips? I thought fanboys stopped smoking Jobs' product awhile ago. 

Apple did cut corners. They gave you old and cheap hardware packaged neatly for an absurd price. 

• Reply 66 of 70
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Why would iPhone 5 users be upgrading? Especially people on 2 year contracts? I can understand tech geeks who always need to have the latest and greatest stuff but is that a lot of people? I have an iPhone 5 right now but am only one year in to my contract so no new iPhone for me this year.

Why would iPhone 5 users be upgrading? You said it yourself - all of the tech geeks will be on the iPhone 5, just because a few days ago it was the latest. Also, this is no minor upgrade as you would think from the "S" moniker, it is *double* speed.

I am in the camp that thinks the 5S is amazing and will sell like hotcakes and the 5C will get a lukewarm reception. I even think we will see some of the colors discontinued or replaced with a new color.

• Reply 67 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Why would iPhone 5 users be upgrading? You said it yourself - all of the tech geeks will be on the iPhone 5, just because a few days ago it was the latest. Also, this is no minor upgrade as you would think from the "S" moniker, it is *double* speed.

I am in the camp that thinks the 5S is amazing and will sell like hotcakes and the 5C will get a lukewarm reception. I even think we will see some of the colors discontinued or replaced with a new color.

We'll probably see a move on the price before we see colors discontinued or replaced.

• Reply 68 of 70
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Oh God.  That's a decent phone (LG Nitro) but its not even in the same class as the 5.  You won't be able to sell it for $100.  More like $5.  Even the iPhone4 blows the crap out of that phone. 

And most people won't go through the trouble of rooting their Android phone. Sorry dude you are the exception. Most people with that phone would be on Android3.xx.  An OS thats over 4 friken years old!  Talk about constant crashing of newer apps and malware concerns!

Users of the LG Nitro were updated to Android 4.x last month.
    http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7783034

3.x isn't four years old either, released in 2011. Android 3.x also wasn't a smartphone OS version but instead intended for tablets at the time. You've confused phones or OS versions or something. I believe the Nitro originally shipped with Gingerbread 2.3.5 which is only two years back.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#Android_2.3.3.E2.80.932.3.7_Gingerbread_.28API_level_10.29

But I agree with you that the Nitro wouldn't be considered in the same category as the iPhone by most people which I think is the point you were trying to make but for the wrong reasons.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Its only a "test" in the minds of people like you that don't understand the market at all. It is a forgone conclusion to be a massive win for those who do.

I believe it will easily outsell the iPhone 5S. YOY iPhone sales from Sept. 20th 2013 to 2014 will total something like 35% iPhone 5S sales, 65% iPhone 5C & 4S.

Well so far, this person who "doesn't understand the market at all," was right about the 5S outselling the 5C. 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/23/iphone-5s-3-times-more-popular-than-iphone-5c-on-launch-weekend---report