Apple Stores start dressing up for iPhone 5s and 5c launch

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday started putting up window dressing at one of its Australian retail outlets ahead of the iPhone launch on Friday, with the colorful 5c taking space to one side of the store's door, while the other is dedicated to the high-end 5s.

The pictures, which come from Ben Pasternak and Matthew Rogers of BrandHitTech, show Apple is pushing the devices' new hues, with the 5s and 5c window displays segmented into five and three different colors, respectively.

Displays

It is unclear how Apple plans to arrange the actual iPhones in the display, though it appears that the phones will be prominently positioned in front representations of their respective color options.

Displays

Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c go on sale at Apple Stores around the world at 8 a.m. locally.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I see the store in the Apple Store app is also offline.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    It is so amazing to see how we are so fascinated with Apple, that we are blogging about the window dressing and product placement in the store. Show me any other brand or product that has created such an fixation!

This is freaking amazing! Go Apple!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    radster360 wrote: »
    It is so amazing to see how we are so fascinated with Apple, that we are blogging about the window dressing and product placement in the store. Show me any other brand or product that has created such an fixation!

This is freaking amazing! Go Apple!

And amazingly enough all this hype and frenzy didn't cost Apple a single dime. It is all user and media driven.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Cunning plan:

Wear a fluorescent jacket next time I want to jump to the front of an Apple queue...

• Reply 5 of 9
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post
    Cunning plan:

Wear a fluorescent jacket next time I want to jump to the front of an Apple queue...

Just buy an Apple Store shirt on eBay. You’ll get back room access.

• Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Just buy an Apple Store shirt on eBay. You’ll get back room access.

Oooh!

Even cunningnier!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Even cunningnier!

• Reply 8 of 9
    I have it on very good authority from someone in the know, who of course can't be named, that there will be no phones in the windows. Those spikes are security walls to prevent anyone from trying to jump the line by smashing through the windows.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

This made me giggle worse than a Japanese schoolgirl.