Apple's iPhone 5s & 5c set to launch in more than 50 new locales by Nov. 1

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    reydn wrote: »
    Lololol!

Apple is going to have a shortage of Touch ID sensors for months - thanks to these launches and the new iPads. I've just got to make sure I stay up late when iPad orders open up ... Maybe even make a dry run just so I know I can complete the order in less than 30 minutes lol!

I'm not only hoping for Touch ID in the next iPad but also in the next round of MBPs. Since they make so few MBPs in comparison to any iDevice I think they could work it in, assuming they have the HW and SW ready. They would have to create a secure enclave but since the MBPs don't have an Apple A7 chip it would then have to be a separate chip which may not simply work out. I'd also think the SW protocols for access might have to be different, or at least offer more options of the box. Eventually I want something like an iWatch to be a reality so that when you walk up to your device it auto-unlocks and when you walk away it auto-locks.
  • Reply 22 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by akqies View Post

It's too bad nobody wants these overpriced phones with gimmicky 64-bit chips and lacking needed feature like external PS/2 ports for mice/keyboards and SD cards. I'm not going to use a sarcasm tag. If you can't tell that's sarcasm with a comment about PS/2 mice then you need help.

PS/2 port?  Does the phone need to call the 1990's as well? 

• Reply 23 of 47
    wooliewoolie Posts: 34member
    Maybe this new rollout plan is why there have been only a few, very few 5s available on the whole west coast of the US of any size since the initial launch...

Finally found 1 32 gig in the Apple online store yesterday but it was gone before I could fill out the form...

I thought the 5s were going to China until I read they were having the same exact problem we are...

Clearly there is major problem in Apples production system... It is insane to add any more countries when you are producing none for the existing countries...
  • Reply 24 of 47
    philboogie wrote: »
    I presume the same thing that happens during the rollout; they'll keep on making more. Really, I don't understand the question...

Well it's a great question. Look
    At the Singapore apple store. The gold 5s has been unavailable since 23rd September. Even today it's still unavailable. I live in Thailand and have ordered in the uk store just good luck I am there next couple of weeks.
    If apple can't keep up demand why release another 25 countries when I am sure the 5s will just say Unavailable?
  • Reply 25 of 47
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Still not coming to the country I live in yet - very frustrating! I'll probably have to wait until December or the beginning of next year and beyond! Its always this way, the very last to get the new iPhones - I was hoping it would be different this time! Samsung released their Galaxy S4 almost straight away over here but not Apple, no wonder everybody over here seems to be or have already gone over to Android - but I'm not giving in, I'm sticking with Apple even if Apple doesn't want me too - so there!
  • Reply 26 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by expatinbkk View Post

At the Singapore apple store. The gold 5s has been unavailable since 23rd September. Even today it's still unavailable. I live in Thailand and have ordered in the uk store just good luck I am there next couple of weeks.

If apple can't keep up demand why release another 25 countries when I am sure the 5s will just say Unavailable?

I also find it extremely ridiculous. Apple doesn't want to make money? Foxconn can't handle? Totally no press release regarding the stock. In Singapore, all the Apple resellers do not have stock already. And all the telcos have very limited models. On the Facebook page, when I pop in to stores when I pass by, there are always people asking for iPhone 5S, which means they are in demand. Unless Apple is deliberately trying to clear their 5C stock. Which doesn't quite make sense because most will wait it out instead of choosing the 5C.

Yet they can produce enough to launch in 35 countries in 5 days time, but don't have enough as of now.

• Reply 27 of 47

Announced prices are slightly higher than expected in Italy.

5C 16GB : 629 euro

5C 32GB : 729 euro

5S 16GB : 729 euro

5S 32GB : 839 euro

5S 64GB : 949 euro

(tax included, no plan)

• Reply 28 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by woolie View Post

Maybe this new rollout plan is why there have been only a few, very few 5s available on the whole west coast of the US of any size since the initial launch...

Finally found 1 32 gig in the Apple online store yesterday but it was gone before I could fill out the form...

An order on the Apple online store will get you in the queue. I ordered my 64GB 5S late on launch day and it arrived on Monday (7th October): a bit of a wait but it suggested they're not as scarce as some would claim.

Unless they are all coming to Europe after all, but you do have iTunes Radio, unlike us. :embarrass 

• Reply 29 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

PS/2 port?  Does the phone need to call the 1990's as well? 

dude.

sarcasm.

the art of insulting idiots without them finding out.

• Reply 30 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I also find it extremely ridiculous. Apple doesn't want to make money? Foxconn can't handle? Totally no press release regarding the stock. In Singapore, all the Apple resellers do not have stock already. And all the telcos have very limited models. On the Facebook page, when I pop in to stores when I pass by, there are always people asking for iPhone 5S, which means they are in demand. Unless Apple is deliberately trying to clear their 5C stock. Which doesn't quite make sense because most will wait it out instead of choosing the 5C.

Yet they can produce enough to launch in 35 countries in 5 days time, but don't have enough as of now.

maybe they were hoarding their stock for these countries expecting higher demand or something and then maintaining regular supply depending on demand.

• Reply 31 of 47
    In New Zealand the prices are:
    The iPhone 5S - $1049
    The iPhone 5C - $899

The 5C only $150 cheaper than the much better specced 5S! That is ridiculous!

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Reply 32 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post

The 5C only $150 cheaper than the much better specced 5S! That is ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous.

Funny; that’s exactly how it is here, except it’s only $100 less. 

Must not be ridiculous.

• Reply 33 of 47
    In New Zealand the prices are:
    The iPhone 5S - $1049
    The iPhone 5C - $899

The 5C only $150 cheaper than the much better specced 5S! That is ridiculous!

Absolutely ridiculous.

Why? In the US the difference is $100 from one day to the next as the new HW becomes the year old HW.

The fact that you focused on the 5C only being $150 cheaper instead of the 5S only being $150 more expensive tells me you're looking at this from the PoV of someone that looks as these devices as status symbols over useful machines.
  • Reply 34 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Funny; that’s exactly how it is here, except it’s only $100 less. 

Must not be ridiculous.

It is ridiculous because the tiered pricing it is replacing is a difference of $300

Quote:

Originally Posted by akqies View Post

Why? In the US the difference is $100 from one day to the next as the new HW becomes the year old HW.

The fact that you focused on the 5C only being $150 cheaper instead of the 5S only being $150 more expensive tells me you're looking at this from the PoV of someone that looks as these devices as status symbols over useful machines.

No not at all, my point was that it was only $150 less than the MUCH BETTER SPECCED.

So quite the opposite. I can care less about the status, and more about the fact for $150 less you get an older CPU/GPU, no M7 motion coprocessor, no Touch ID, no True Tone flash, no camera burst mode, no slow motion video.

The 5C running the A6 that will last you a year less of usefulness (iOS 7 on an iPhone 4 anybody? iOS 4 on the 3g anybody?, iPad 3?).

• Reply 35 of 47
    No not at all, my point was that it was only $150 less than the MUCH BETTER SPECCED.

So quite the opposite. I can care less about the status, and more about the fact for $150 less you get an older CPU/GPU, no M7 motion coprocessor, no Touch ID, no <span style="line-height:1.4em;">True Tone flash, no camera burst mode, no slow motion video.</span>

The 5C running the A6 that will last you a year less of usefulness (iOS 7 on an iPhone 4 anybody? iOS 4 on the 3g anybody?, iPad 3?).

OK, then we are in agreement. I have never seen the cheaper iPhone models as a better deal but I do hear from people all the time — including less technical family and friends — that they don't need the best out and that the cheaper one will be just as good for them. It's usually not a hard sell as they trust my technical expertise and aren't hurting for funds, but that notion that they shouldn't consider the newest model is present. Only every now and then, like with Touch ID, do they tend to see the idea of the newest device offering conveniences they easily see as a value; which is odd because it's usually the features I care less about as reasons to buy.
  • Reply 36 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post

So what are you trying to say? I don’t think you’re using ‘ridiculous’ correctly.

• Reply 37 of 47
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    expatinbkk wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    I presume the same thing that happens during the rollout; they'll keep on making more. Really, I don't understand the question...

1) The 5s is sold out everywhere.

2) Ordering abroad won't get you local delivery. So yeah, order it abroad and pick it up when they have it.

3) They couldn't keep up demand because of the number of phones in the first batch. We could want Apple to introduce new iPhones next time after they have 300M in stock, but that would likely cause more leaks, possible break-ins at the factories, using 'older tech' in their new phones as they ar enow released months later than they could have and completely off-balance their release schedule.

No, I think they are doing the best they can. Besides, what do I know? They are the experts on this, and have the exact information to base their decisions on.
  • Reply 38 of 47
    murmanmurman Posts: 159member
    Huh?

So many countries had only the 4S, no 5, only one model since 5s was released in the 1st tier countries.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murman View Post

You have low IQ, so many countries had only the 4S, no 5, only one model since 5s was released in the 1st tier countries. Made me explain this simple sh*t.

Thank you for the insult. I hope you get an infraction for it.

Now, if you would be so kind, and much less rude, please explain your comment, if you are able, in relation to the exchange between myself and Phil.

• Reply 40 of 47
    murmanmurman Posts: 159member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Thank you for the insult. I hope you get an infraction for it.

Now, if you would be so kind, and much less rude, please explain your comment, if you are able, in relation to the exchange between myself and Phil.

I came back to delete that comment actually, because I WAS rude and boy you WERE brain dead. You still don't know what I mean ... well I'll just keep you hanging man. Piece it together, don't focus on my comment, look at what I'm referring to, what is this rocket science?