Mac shipments continue to shrink as Apple loses ground in US PC market

Comments

• Reply 41 of 281
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    dillio wrote:
    Apple keeps their stuff expensive, and people buy less of them.

Utter tripe and you know it.

These are the same people that say that the only reason Apple is so profitable is that they overcharge for their products. No matter what Apple accomplishes they try to find a way to make them look bad.
  • Reply 42 of 281
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member

I'm not buying the hype that we're in a Post PC era.   Mobile is certainly strong but 

I'd be loath to give up my MBA and iMac 27 to move to iPhone/iPad only I loathe that thought. 

Next Mac up with be a Haswell Mac mini and then I'm hoping to to replace my MBA and my gf MBP 

with rMBP next spring. 

As always Apple has models coming in the wings and the Mac cognoscenti know to wait. 

• Reply 43 of 281
    Ignore me then Troll. I have an opinion as to why sales have fallen. Don't like it then post something that has a little thought an intelligence.
  • Reply 44 of 281
    Who cares. Apples still making more money than these companies combined! Money buys talent, talent innovates, apple remains ahead. It's quite simple really
  • Reply 45 of 281
    Quote:

Originally Posted by akqies View Post

Were do these people come from? The aliens from the Pacific Rim are more relatable.

Why don't you just ignore me troll.  I have an opinion about why I think iMac sales might be taking a hit.  I takes a little intelligence to write more than two sentences without trying to insult someone.  Did you use a dictionary to spell any of those words?

• Reply 46 of 281
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wierdninja View Post

Why don't you just ignore me troll.  I have an opinion about why I think iMac sales might be taking a hit.  I takes a little intelligence to write more than two sentences without trying to insult someone.  Did you use a dictionary to spell any of those words?*It

*It

• Reply 47 of 281
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member
    This needs to show a relation to tablet sales. Many are replacing PC's with iPads. How does this all shape up with iPads factored in...I would be curious.

gustav wrote: »
    If you aren't tracking tablets, then you shouldn't track the home PC market at all, IMHO. Many households used to use a PC for web, email, facebook, twitter, games, and photos. These can all be done on a tablet or smartphone now. I wouldn't be surprised to see many young adults forgo a PC altogether now, if not replacing one far less often than they used to.

Exactly. Many people used a computer because there was no alternative. But for those who primarily surf the web, do email, use social media sites, watch video, manage photographs and use simple apps, a Pad does everything they need.

Pads and computers should be counted together.

Going forward, traditional form factor computers will be used primarily by those doing complex work, those who are working on long documents and need a quality physical keyboard and content creators.
  • Reply 48 of 281
    srangersranger Posts: 473member

Well, I'll do my part.  I am about to buy the wife a new MBA 13" model....  

She noted how much easier it would be to sync here new iPhone and IPad if she only had a MacBook instead of her Sony Laptop...

(She is a member of the World's most Spoiled Wife's Club)

Of Course I am a member in the "Happy Wife Happy Life Club"...

• Reply 49 of 281
    sumergosumergo Posts: 215member

Wow.

"Sigh" indeed, Wierdninja.

Sorry you are having such a bad time with Apple these days, hope you have a better experience with all the Android and Windows product offerings.

• Reply 50 of 281
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Whoop de fricking frick. Stay in the naughties, then.

Also everything from every other port available, yeah.

Are you a gorilla or a moron?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How?

Enjoy your Schmidt.

“huge”… “27”” for “gaming”? Are you sure you know what you’re talking about?

Sure they do.

Yes, you’re part of the group of people who want to hold on to archaic technology and claim it’s the future. If we’re shortsighted, never sign me up for LASIK.

Thanks for the incorrect and terrible segue.

“Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity.”

I think my IQ dropped about 20 points reading your response.  Not one response was worth my time to read.  Grow up.

• Reply 51 of 281
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member

More analysts spewing garbage.

If anything, the real news here should be that pre built PC's increased in sales at all from anyone considering just how much we hear about them dropping every quarter.

• Reply 52 of 281
    Let's be honest if you buy a MBP there is no need to buy for at least 3 years minimum. My MBP 17" mid 2010 i7 with 8g ram runs perfectly fine with photoshop cc, illustrator cc, chrome, and spotify open at all times. Computers are at a point that unless you're running high end 3d programs, video work, or games there is no reason to upgrade unless you just want to.
  • Reply 53 of 281
    sumergosumergo Posts: 215member

Hey Weirdninja:

Don't worry too much about Tallest Skill - she likes to blather on.

Your stream of consciousness post has some good and bad points, but probably the main issue here is that no technical company can fulfill all their target market's individual needs all the time.

Apple is doing quite well in addressing their core market.  Microsoft/Windows - not so much.

Do whatever you have to do - "whatever floats your boat" ;-)

• Reply 54 of 281
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Also everything from every other port available, yeah.

Are you a gorilla or a moron?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How?

Enjoy your Schmidt.

“huge”… “27”” for “gaming”? Are you sure you know what you’re talking about?

Sure they do.

Yes, you’re part of the group of people who want to hold on to archaic technology and claim it’s the future. If we’re shortsighted, never sign me up for LASIK.

Thanks for the incorrect and terrible segue.

“Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity.”

Tallest Skil.

Just die

Please

• Reply 55 of 281
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Maybe if they'd released the darn MBP refresh instead of artificially holding it back for the sake of Mavericks, their numbers wouldn't be down.

I know, right? Rocket science.

• Reply 56 of 281

Well guess the post PC era is actually the post Mac era... you know it was bad when Apple could not even make a decent monitor.

The dumbing down of Apple by iOS is almost done, now they can go sell cAndy colored plastic phones... what a fiasco.

• Reply 57 of 281
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by reddevil View Post

Tallest Skil.

Just die

Please

Posts like yours are why we can't have nice things

Quote:

Originally Posted by agramonte View Post

Well guess the post PC era is actually the post Mac era... you know it was bad when Apple could not even make a decent monitor.

The dumbing down of Apple by iOS is almost done, now they can go sell cAndy colored plastic phones... what a fiasco.

Wat. Apple's Monitors are among the best offered anywhere with few exceptions.

• Reply 58 of 281
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Blu-ray came out in 2006.
  • Reply 59 of 281
    scartartscartart Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Twice yearly? You serious?

I can't wait to buy an iMac to replace my G5. Yes I still use a G5. Unfortunately I need to buy a car first.

How is your decision to replace a machine related to how often Apple should refresh their product?

• Reply 60 of 281
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by wierdninja View Post

I have an opinion as to why sales have fallen.

That’s fine. Your opinion is wrong. You are being alerted to that fact.

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Blu-ray came out in 2006.

Which was a year in the decade known as the… *gestures for you to continue* (Where’s the anticipation emoji? This’ll have to do) ????