Apple's Jony Ive and industrial designer Marc Newson go in-depth on (RED) auction pieces

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post

I know Macrumors is a UK site, but I didn't realize that about AI.  

I would bet that 99.9% of Americans have no idea what bespoke means in this situation.  I've been living in Europe (but not the UK) for 10 years and never heard the term until a few months ago (from a Brit).    "Custom made" can be understood by anyone who speaks English...why not use that?

OK, bud, here's the coup de grace: just TRY to tell us how "custom made" rings better than "BESPOKE" for the $50,000 pair of boots which also sold at the auction. 

• Reply 42 of 48
    Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

just TRY to tell us how custom made" rings better than "BESPOKE" for the $50,000 pair of boots which also sold at the auction. 

Well, ‘bespiked’ works better, first off.

Those boots say, “This is perhaps the most uncomfortable article of clothing I have ever worn, and to illustrate this I have adorned the covering with a physical representation of the pain I am undergoing in wearing them.”

• Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I've got a whole grand set aside to buy that Mac Pro... I've got that sucker sewed up!

You only missed out by $976,000.01

• Reply 44 of 48
    ascii wrote: »
    Good question. Taken as a whole mankind is surely the most unique - not too many other species with cameras and spacesuits. But speaking purely biologically, maybe some strange deep sea species?

This is the Wikipedia article-of-the-day (Sunday): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goblin_shark
  • Reply 45 of 48
    hill60 wrote: »
    A tuatara?

I had never heard of that before. If it is a land-based creature I'd think AU or NZ area would be a good starting place.

Here is a list of a bunch of living fossils
  • Reply 46 of 48
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I had never heard of that before. If it is a land-based creature I'd think AU or NZ area would be a good starting place.

Here is a list of a bunch of living fossils

Welcome back.

• Reply 47 of 48
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Completely insane!

• Reply 48 of 48
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    marvfox wrote: »
    Completely insane!

Tell that to the African children who cannot afford the medicines they require to survive who will now be provided for thanks to this charity.