Rumor: Apple field testing 'iPhone 6' with 4.9-inch display

Comments

• Reply 101 of 137
    You, 2008. The iPhone mini was inevitable. A 3.5” screen on a phone was WAY too big.

What are you talking about? Please stop making stuff up and leave if you having nothing constructive to say...in other words, in your own words..."go away.'
  • Reply 102 of 137
    Originally Posted by Smart Phoney View Post

What are you talking about?

Someone needs some reading comprehension skills. Distilled: What “the trend” is and what “analysts” say ? reality. 

Sorry, but them’s the breaks. 

• Reply 103 of 137
    Sorry, but your argument about throwing together a phone and having a bigger screen to accommodate bigger components is not true. They saw a market and saw people wanted bigger screens. Back when the first 4.3" phone came out people accepted it and they only got bigger. Maybe you don't like it but others did. It's almost the same as why do people want bigger and bigger TV's? Better viewing experience, same can be said with phones. Steve did say no one wanted "Hummer" phones, he was completely wrong. There are a lot of apple proponents that would love a bigger screen.
  • Reply 104 of 137

Sorry, but your argument about throwing together a phone and having a bigger screen to accommodate bigger components is not true. They saw a market and saw people wanted bigger screens.

You’ve proof of that?

Back when the first 4.3” phone came out people accepted it…

Back when the first 4.3” phone came out, larger phones had already been released. Go back to when the first phone larger than the iPhone came out.

It's almost the same as why do people want bigger and bigger TV's?

Because they carry them around and have to hold them up to their… oh, wait, that’s a completely useless analogy.

Steve did say no one wanted "Hummer" phones, he was completely wrong.

lol, nope.

• Reply 105 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You’ve proof of that?

Let's see your proof that there wasn't a market.

Quote:

Back when the first 4.3” phone came out, larger phones had already been released. Go back to when the first phone larger than the iPhone came out.

Your point is? People still accepted it.

Quote:

Because they carry them around and have to hold them up to their… oh, wait, that’s a completely useless analogy.

Because people don't want to hold a phone 5 inches from their eyes, oops I forgot everyone has perfect eye sight.

Quote:

lol, nope.

Sorry, I forgot people weren't buying any of the larger screen phones.

• Reply 106 of 137

Let's see your proof that there wasn't a market.

The fact that people demanded a smaller iPhone.

Because people don't want to hold a phone 5 inches from their eyes, oops I forgot everyone has perfect eye sight.

iPhone’s hold distance is, what, two feet? Come back with a real argument.

• Reply 107 of 137
    You’ve proof of that?

lol, nope.

The fact that people demanded a smaller iPhone.

iPhone’s hold distance is, what, two feet? Come back with a real argument.

We can go back and forth all day. Point is there will be a bigger iPhone. Maybe they'll finally call it the iPhone 6 ;). Doesn't matter to you anyway does it? Since you don't even own one.
  • Reply 108 of 137

will 

Okay. Sure.

Also, enough with the lies.

• Reply 109 of 137
    Okay. Sure.

Also, enough with the lies.

We'll revisit this quote soon.
  • Reply 110 of 137

If what the analyst says is true, than I'm pleased. Apple seems to be more than capable of delivering innovative features aside from bigger screens, like the Touch ID fingerprint. Although that was controversial as well, and many people disapproved of it.

• Reply 111 of 137
    gtbuzzgtbuzz Posts: 129member
    I would really like to be able to hear conversations on my iPhone as well as I could on my old LG clamshell phone and as well as on a friend's 2 year old Samsung SmartPhone. I love Apple products, but . . . I many people cannot hear well on their iPhones. This is a known fact for which there is no solution as of date. There are excuses, but no solution. Such as no cover, no case, phase of the moon, provider problems, etc. but no matter what the reason, you cannot hear as well. We have VZ, not that it matters. My friend had VZ in my house within 3 feet and it was a lot better. The iPhone, no matter the version is a phenomenal computer, but as a phone, there is something to be done. Maybe they the volume dampened to avoid potential lawsuits from people who have already damaged their hearing listening to loud music. I have great hearing and cannot hear will on mine or my wife's phone or anyone else's iPhone. A really good technical solution would be preferable to an excuse(s) any day. A larger phone would be good because while my hearing is fine, I cannot hold a much smaller phone. Also, it is too easy to accidentally touch the wrong soft switch or button on the iPhone. No case, well , it will not last long without one and you will soon not be able to hear it at all; it will be broken. I larger phone or a tablet with a phone or even a computer with an optionally activated phone would be good. If Apple would buy Verizon or all of their minutes or enough of their minutes, then we would not have to deal with them any longer. The iPhone needs to be cross carrier compatible and competition will then eliminate the problems.
  • Reply 112 of 137
    Originally Posted by GTBuzz View Post

many people cannot hear well on their iPhones. This is a known fact

Stopped paying attention.

A larger phone would be good because while my hearing is fine, I cannot hold a much smaller phone.

What does size have to do with hearing? How is it physically possible for someone not to be able to hold a small phone?

No case, well , it will not last long without one and you will soon not be able to hear it at all; it will be broken.

Nonsense.

…even a computer with an optionally activated phone would be good.

What?

If Apple would buy Verizon or all of their minutes or enough of their minutes, then we would not have to deal with them any longer.

Eh? Just go to a different telecom.

The iPhone needs to be cross carrier compatible and competition will then eliminate the problems.

It already is. Put any SIM in your Verizon phone. It will work.

• Reply 113 of 137

small fish becomes a big face cat one day, what would you talk?

• Reply 114 of 137
    Why did one of my post get deleted? Someone couldn't take a dose of their own medicine?
  • Reply 115 of 137
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    New year approaches, new phone rumors awaits.
    My 4S is showing signs of resignation. 5S not my taste. 5C appears heavy and clumsy compared to the 5. iPhone 6 rumors. Bring it on!
  • Reply 116 of 137
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

5S not my taste.

Identical to the 5.

5C appears heavy and clumsy compared to the 5.

iPhone 5: 3.95oz. 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3 

iPhone 5C: 4.65 oz, 4.9 x 2.33 x 0.35

So no. Try holding one.

• Reply 117 of 137
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    It wa
    Identical to the 5.

iPhone 5: 3.95oz. 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3 
    iPhone 5C: 4.65 oz, 4.9 x 2.33 x 0.35

So no. Try holding one.
    it was after holding it, so.. Yeah. Feels heavy in my hand.
    And yeah, 5 was not my taste either, as you've probably guessed by now ;-)
  • Reply 118 of 137
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

It wa

it was after holding it, so.. Yeah. Feels heavy in my hand.

And yeah, 5 was not my taste either, as you've probably guessed by now ;-)

Lighter than your 4s.

• Reply 119 of 137

Personally, i prefer bigger screen. Its nothng but an improved feature of the next iPhone. For the curious ones who cannot wait till the release (as me :)) here there is a mockup in 3D /Web GL with all the (possible) specs of iPhone 6 and you can see it from every angle turning your mouse. Thats how it looks like in comparison with iphone 5s

• Reply 120 of 137
    teckbayteckbay Posts: 1member

I really hope there will be more to the Iphone 6 than just bigger screen. I dont know what took them so long. The bigger screen will definitely make the phone more attractive but where are the cool features that Apple was known for?

I have searched the web for what the Next Iphone 6 will have, there are few cool features that may show up, but a lot that will definitely will not.

http://teckbay.com/the-new-iphone-6-rumerwhat-to-expect-this-fall-2014/