Apple issues Mavericks Mail Update build to AppleSeed members for testing

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akqies View Post

blah, blah, blah/div>

You made some mistakes. That's okay. It happens.
    Don't try to drag it on and on and on and attempt to fix stuff (your posts) that doesn't need to be fixed.
    Just get over yourself.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Just get over yourself.

Words I can live by at times also :) 

• Reply 43 of 55
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    chris_ca wrote: »
    You made some mistakes. That's okay. It happens.
    Don't try to drag it on and on and on and attempt to fix stuff (your posts) that doesn't need to be fixed.
    Just get over yourself.

How's that free Mavericks I claimed could be financially viable for Apple and you claimed couldn't possibly happen working out for you?
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akqies View Post

How's that free Mavericks

It works fine, thanks for asking.
    [quote]I claimed could be financially viable for Apple and you claimed couldn't possibly happen working out for you?[/quote]
    Never once did I claim anything of the sort.
    Again, your google translator seemed to be not working correctly or (more likely) you simply cannot read & comprehend the English language.
    Regardless, how has it been "financially viable' for Apple? Do you have a link to this info?
  • Reply 45 of 55
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    chris_ca wrote: »
    Never once did I claim anything of the sort.
    Again, your google translator seemed to be not working correctly or (more likely) you simply cannot read & comprehend the English language.
    Regardless, how has it been "financially viable' for Apple? Do you have a link to this info?

Actually, you did. You also show your true colors by making petty personal attacks claiming English is not my first language which is doubly humorous when you read the word "could" and then want proof that it "has" happened. A rational individual (read: not you) would understand that Apple's move to offer Mavericks, iOS, and iWork and iLife apps for Mac and iOS are calculated risks in attempting to both increase HW profits and reduce per-unit support costs longterm... which you claimed wasn't possible.

Here's a recap on what I said could be a net gain for Apple if they offered Mavericks for free…
    Here are the 3 primary reasons that would positively affect users, 3rd-party devs, and Apple if the numbers work out for this to happen, just the numbers worked out for this to happen when moving to ever lower prices over the last several releases.

• It's a value added when making a decision to buy a Mac which could increase sales. How many OS X sales need to be made to equal one new Mac sale?
    • Like iOS, it can help developers target a more congealed OS platform version which can make for better and lower priced apps that can task a developer's resources less. Just look to iOS if you don't that's a possible.
    • Apple's support costs will be substantially lower by having more devices on the same OS version.

You can say you don't think this will happen but you look foolish saying it can't possibly happen, stating that Apple benefits from the price tag more than those bulleted items despite those being in effect each and every time they have lowered the price, and ignoring that Apple has already given away SW they used to sell. If you honestly don't think Apple can have a net benefit by making SW free of charge then you need to tell me why they would possibly make Work free of charge since your argument is clearly that some direct profit is better than no direct profit in the grand scheme of things.

Here is what you said in regards after my post…
    Besides, $20 is pretty much giving it away. I seriously doubt lowering that cost, would increase the # of people upgrading by any substantial number.
    And if you get a new computer, the OS is included, so installing a new OS for free would not drive hardware sales.
    If their current computer could not run the new OS, they would need to get new hardware (which includes the OS so they wouldn't care about the price of the OS upgrade).

Here are results after only 10 days…
    According to NetMarketShare, OS X Mavericks is now installed on 0.84 percent of the global PC install base, or 10.8 percent of the total OS X install base of 7.73 percent. Mavericks accomplished that in 10 days. By comparison, according to Chikita, it took Mountain Lion a month to reach that level.

You really think that being free isn't responsible for a lot more Macs upgrading 3x faster? Of course you don't because your self-defined "practically free" is somehow the same as free. :no:
  • Reply 46 of 55
    Jony Ive is designing tables and cameras for charity.
    So what?
    How does that relate to Mavericks being adopted 3 times faster than Mountain Lion?
    Go away now...
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Since working with Mavericks Mail has become terribly slow, needing minutes and minutes to download. Sometimes it only shows new messages but doesn't load. Right now I even can't send mails anymore. It is exasperatingly.
  • Reply 48 of 55

I wish apple would pick something and stick with it.their products like VIP's are great but then they just abandon them for flags. Its just ridiculous I feel like apple is making a ginny pig out of its customers at every turn. SERENITY NOW APPLE!!!!!  Mavericks is the worst update in a long time for my programs. My iPhone does not update. My time capsule will not update I have to erase all my backups. Apple may have to reserect their old CEO to stop this trend of poor releases.

• Reply 49 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VISIONTEST1134 View Post

I wish apple would pick something and stick with it.their products like VIP's are great but then they just abandon them for flags. Its just ridiculous I feel like apple is making a ginny pig out of its customers at every turn. SERENITY NOW APPLE!!!!!  Mavericks is the worst update in a long time for my programs. My iPhone does not update. My time capsule will not update I have to erase all my backups. Apple may have to reserect their old CEO to stop this trend of poor releases.

It's guinea pig.

Trolling lvl 1 achieved. Congratulations.

achievements list has been updated.

->bash a random update without any valid reason or points against it.

• Reply 50 of 55
    bananaman wrote: »
    It's guinea pig.
    Trolling lvl 1 achieved. Congratulations.

achievements list has been updated.

->bash a random update without any valid reason or points against it.

Agreed. I was going to respond how are they the same and how is one mutually exclusive of the other? But, really, s/he/it likely never used each feature, and my saying how valuable I find each of them for different purposes, but you can't reason with some people.
  • Reply 51 of 55
    You responded>>> lvl 2
    I love how you skip over 2 valid points and jump to spelling as your vindication of my "troll" status. Your authoritarian demeanor fits your roll on this message board. Get over it.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Originally Posted by VISIONTEST1134 View Post

I love how you skip over 2 valid points

What “valid points”? You say meaningless, arbitrary things with absolutely no information about them that cannot possibly be tied to any one set of software conditions.

If you actually wanted your “problems” solved, you would have told us anything whatsoever about them.

• Reply 53 of 55
    1. What happened to VIP's? We now have flags only.

2. My time machine is not backing up.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    3. Since mavericks my phone will not sync.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    1. What happened to VIP's? We now have flags only.

2. My time machine is not backing up.

1. Check again or check settings or something. Mine seem to work and show up fine on my Mac and iPhone.

2. Have you ejected your Time Machine Disk and rebooted and turned TM off and back on?

3. Have you connected with a USB to try? or just WiFi sync?