• Reply 41 of 80
    manxmanmanxman Posts: 31member
    Copy & Paste Chief more like. HA!
  • Reply 42 of 80
    phone-ui-guyphone-ui-guy Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

'Design' chief? Seriously?

That was a typo... Supposed to be "Design Thief"...

• Reply 43 of 80
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    have to agree, but no one really get fired from Samsung, unless they get arrested by their government but I suspect they are still on the payroll even while in jail.

Haha. Sammy would just bribe the govt for a pardon.
  • Reply 44 of 80
    d4njvrzfd4njvrzf Posts: 797member

Samsung can redesign their phones all they want, but they shouldn't expect substantially different results until they address the elephant in the room that is Touchwiz. Samsung's software has one of the lowest quality over quantity ratios of any major OEM.

• Reply 45 of 80
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    'Design' chief? Seriously?

Designer doesn't mean at all what it used to.
    rogifan wrote: »
    Because the former would have no reason for being an article here and the latter is good click bait. With the number of Samsung related articles here they might as well rename this site Samsung Insider.

What'cha you say you PM @macexpress and y'all start your own alternative Apple website together?

That... or STFU already!.....:devil:
  • Reply 46 of 80
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

The Galaxy S5 look exactly like the iPhone 5S. Samsung must stop to copy iPhone design.

• Reply 47 of 80
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Sacked?? According to the source article they didn't fire him.

"Chang Dong-hoon offered to resign last week and will be replaced by Lee Min-hyouk, vice president for mobile design, a Samsung spokeswoman said on Thursday...

Chang, a former professor who studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, will continue to lead Samsung's design center which overseas its overall design strategy."

Is he being promoted as a reward for his wonderful work and expertise?

Or is he being moved off their stalled flagship phone in a way that saves face?

• Reply 48 of 80
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    gatorguy wrote: »

"Chang Dong-hoon offered to resign last week and will be replaced by Lee Min-hyouk, vice president for mobile design, a Samsung spokeswoman said on Thursday...
    Chang, a former professor who studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, will continue to lead Samsung's design center which overseas its overall design strategy."

A technicality.

Are you aware that senior managers at large firms are often given the option to resign if they sign "don't badmouth the company" agreements? (Most just make no comment at all, like Scott Forstall). The media reported that Forstall was fired--even though Apple never said that. But his silence is no coincidence.

So you are technically correct, and I know how important it is for you to split hairs :). The original Reuters article didn't turn that into "sacked"--but it did insinuate that it may have had something to do with the S5's reception. But at least you can say Reuters didn't claim it. AppleInsider did.
  • Reply 49 of 80
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    A technicality.

Are you aware that senior managers at large firms are often given the option to resign if they sign "don't badmouth the company" agreements? (Most just make no comment at all, like Scott Forstall). The media reported that Forstall was fired--even though Apple never said that. But his silence is no coincidence.

So you are technically correct, and I know how important it is for you to split hairs :). The original Reuters article didn't turn that into "sacked"--but it did insinuate that it may have had something to do with the S5's reception. But at least you can say Reuters didn't claim it. AppleInsider did.

...except Chang still works for Samsung. He appears to have "resigned" only from a specific position but still serving as a Senior Manager. As of last October (2012) Forstall is no employed in any capacity for Apple AFAIK.
  • Reply 50 of 80
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    512ke wrote: »
    Is he being promoted as a reward for his wonderful work and expertise?

Or is he being moved off their stalled flagship phone in a way that saves face?

That's entirely possible. The S5 (lack of) design wasn't what was expected. Perhaps the Peter Principle was on full display.
  • Reply 51 of 80
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member

They might look to Ricoh or Xerox for a new design chief.

• Reply 52 of 80
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    That was a typo... Supposed to be "Design Thief"...

Right on... lol
  • Reply 53 of 80
    ...except Chang still works for Samsung. He appears to have "resigned" only from a specific position but still serving as a Senior Manager.

I believe seppuku is a Korean tradition isn't it?
  • Reply 54 of 80
    tastowetastowe Posts: 108member
    The samsung designer is lousy design thief. So what I say the samsung designer are fire for thief.
  • Reply 55 of 80
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    But who will know when to buy the toner for the photocopiers?

Sammie should rethink this.

"Thursday's move comes after a number of publications criticized the S5's construction. The Wall Street Journal said the Galaxy S5's textured back was reminiscent of a Band-Aid, while the International Business Times led with the headline "Samsung Galaxy S5: Looks Cheap, Feels Cheap."
    "

Ouch, the WSJ picked up on the bandaid theme?

8-)

Mmm ... Another opportunity for Sammy ...

They could appropriate the Gillette Theme Song and lyrics (maybe even Sharpie, too):

???? Look Cheap, Feel Cheap, Be Cheap
    To look cheap -- when you use your phone,
    To feel cheap -- with every call you make;
    Just be cheap -- get a Sammy Phone,
    For the quickest, slickest con of all!

700  [VIDEO][/VIDEO]700

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 56 of 80
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member

The better description is probably "bumped upstairs" - which is what you do when you don't want to fire the schmuck but nevertheless get him out of the way. School of the Art Institute? What a disgrace for such a notable institution.
  • Reply 57 of 80
    tastowetastowe Posts: 108member
    I don't agree the samsung CEO. I am voting samsung CEO out in the stock and bond because the Samsung CEO is very evil and thief. I am not going to buy any crap samsung products no more in the my United States of America. So my next TVs are be sony instead samsung. I do like Japanese cars, TVs, speakers, stereo, and apple products.
  • Reply 58 of 80
    kibitzer wrote: »
    The better description is probably "bumped upstairs" - which is what you do when you don't want to fire the schmuck but nevertheless get him out of the way. School of the Art Institute? What a disgrace for such a notable institution.

I guess American schools have had spies entering their rolls a lot over the years as part of their deep cover training, from KGB to Samsung, can't blame the schools. ;)
  • Reply 59 of 80
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    nikilok wrote: »
    I don't believe he had the nerves to make that statement. How much of dignity has this guy got left ?

Notice how Samsungs been trying lately through ads / reports lately to show they were indeed "Original" ?

Part of there mind share damage control I suppose. People that realise Samsung copied off Apple have dignity issues buying there products. They are trying to fix that by making false claims.
    The only thing I'd buy is a screen from them but 3D is bad and smart hub is not-so-smart hub
  • Reply 60 of 80
    xpadxpad Posts: 46member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

It must be a promotion as a reward for making the S5 such an awesome industrial design object.

I think you're right. They promoted him as far away from industrial design as they could.

Sure, they probably have to pay him more, but it's going to save a lot on lawsuits and patent violations.

Oh, I'm not saying the next guy isn't going to copy. They're just hoping he's better at hiding it.