Apple to live stream 'exciting announcements' from June 2 WWDC 2014 keynote

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Are you crazy?

An Apple keynote is so much more than that.

I sit huddled lying in bed next to my girlfriend at 3.00 am in the morning, trying not to wake her as I sometimes genuinely laugh out loud at the jokes from Phil, Craig, and others, amaze at the reveals, and feel horrible for those who sometimes have their demos go wrong (poor Anki Cars).

Since discovering Apple a few years ago, that special 'Christmas Eve' feeling comes a few times a year to our household.

And was there anything more exciting than a 'one more thing' from Steve Jobs?

WWDC Keynotes: Love 'em.

I'm looking forward to seeing this year the Apple TV that transforms into a health-monitoring watch which then turns into a car when you want to travel, which then it folds out into a fully smart-controlled house when you find a nice place that you'd like to live...

I love me a good keynote.

• Reply 42 of 67
    appleemplappleempl Posts: 75member

Thanks for the responses about the poster, maybe I'm reading too much into it, I didn't even see the apple and leaf, duh.

It's funny, trying to figure out from cryptic clues some graphic Apple created reminds me, at Apple, for musical guests at beer bashes, they'd always announce it in an email with a picture of the artist, but only their hands on a guitar or face somehow blocked. They never just said XX so-and-so is playing come see them. Secrecy permeates everything around Apple I guess. The lab rats, myself included, would try reverse image lookup like tiny-eye, and sometimes could figure out who is gonna be playing following links to the original picture. I'm guessing they didn't want people to skip it if it was an unknown, or boring musical artist.

Anyways, I'm hoping for a new product category announcement, Tim Cook has been dropping hints for quite some time.

• Reply 43 of 67
    urbanverburbanverb Posts: 36member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I sit huddled lying in bed next to my girlfriend at 3.00 am in the morning, trying not to wake her as I sometimes genuinely laugh out loud at the jokes from Phil, Craig, and others, amaze at the reveals, and feel horrible for those who sometimes have their demos go wrong (poor Anki Cars).

Good luck with that! It's a better 6pm for me. I'm probably just getting a bit long in the tooth, my first mac was a IIsi in 1990 and a laser printer that set me back about £8,000!!

• Reply 44 of 67
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanVerb View Post

Oh whoopidy do... an update to a phone operating system. BIG frickin' deal!!

you on the wrong site?

• Reply 45 of 67
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    urbanverb wrote: »
    ...my first mac was a IIsi in 1990 and a laser printer that set me back about £8,000!!

Ouch!

I know a guy who used to run a video store (remember those?) who bought one of the first Pentium PC's (running at something like 75Mhz) for the bargain basement price of $15,000.

Still, at least it was "lightning fast!".

(Look at any computer advertisement over the past thirty years and you'll see they're almost all advertised as being this)
  • Reply 46 of 67
    This is going to be awesome! I can't wait for the iOS 8 announcement and that in HD! That's why I registered my UDID at theiosbeta.com! They were really fast!
  • Reply 47 of 67
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Just to really shake things up, I think the Apple executives should tuck their shirts in and shave.

• Reply 48 of 67
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    The 12" ARM MBA will be wearable alla Flava Flav, hence, the Beats deal.
  • Reply 49 of 67
    jmadjmad Posts: 1member

Graphic's color scheme resembles a heat map. The pixels resemble lots of new apps. Could be wearable fitness tech?

• Reply 50 of 67
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    imember wrote: »
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Can't wait </span>
    :) <span style="line-height:1.4em;">, i hope they release iOS 8 for iPhone 4S too</span>
    They likely will the iPhone 4 was supported last year, the 4S is also a lot closer to the 5 in internal specs then the 4 was to 4S. Plus it would hurt sells of current 4S buyers knowing software is no longer supported, I also think iPod 5 as well as current IOS 7 ipads(if they drop IPad 2 it leaves the IPad mini 1 with same specs still running)
    sog35 wrote: »
    Is this normal?

I don't remember the wwdc being on the live stream before
    Well last year...
    apple ][ wrote: »
    They obviously have something "exciting" to show, otherwise they wouldn't be live streaming it and promoting their "exciting announcements".

I for one will definitely be tuning in.:smokey:

And to those who think that Apple doesn't live stream events, I remember them live streaming events more than a decade ago. Of course at that time, the quality wasn't exactly 1080.:lol:
    they've live-streamed before... we also are aware OS 10.10 and IOS 8 are there but no IOS device(excluding Apple TV, which is likely if they allow AppStore on it)is expected as well as no Mac book air update.
    darendino wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to add this WWDC event into OSX Calendar, is it possible to click on this Headline and it adds it to Calendar?
    http://wheniskeynote.com I usually use this website clicking the little Calender above the time.
    gtr wrote: »
    Ouch!

I know a guy who used to run a video store (remember those?) who bought one of the first Pentium PC's (running at something like 75Mhz) for the bargain basement price of $15,000.

Still, at least it was "lightning fast!".

(Look at any computer advertisement over the past thirty years and you'll see they're almost all advertised as being this)
    Yeah lighting fast has many marketing for any electronic for years, just wonder when and what will put "lighting" out if date?

Isn't it likely like apple used to they will live stream events from now on.
  • Reply 51 of 67
    rogifan wrote: »
    I only visit the live blogs to see who's hanging out in the first row. :D
    Yeah, I imagine that all of my favorite people will be sitting on the front row.

Al Gore will be there with a grin on his face sitting next to Dr. Dre, and Wozniak will also be there, probably using a huge Android phone.:lol:  

Instead of getting pissed off at who's in the audience, I will focus my attention to what's happening on stage instead. That is probably much more exciting.:lol:

According to Dre's last video, he'll be vomiting in the loo, having consumed too much alcohol.
  • Reply 52 of 67
    urbanverb wrote: »
    Oh whoopidy do... an update to a phone operating system. BIG frickin' deal!!

Sure is. Glad you're so excited!
  • Reply 53 of 67
    appleempl wrote: »
    Anyone have any guess what the poster graphic may be hinting at? Usually there is some meaning behind the design.
    I'm gonna guess some new pointing device because the finger like protrusion pointing toward the wave design below it, almost like how you interact with touch pad, or mouse button. Another mousing device seems unlikely, they wouldn't to make a big deal out of that unless the finger is pointing at a brand new device like a watch or touchscreen iMac. Although touch screens have been said to be non-ergonomic, causing 'gorilla arm', and Apple has said it doesn't want to use touch screens in iMacs or MacBooks. On the other hand it can be sound waves with a finger interacting with them- indicating some new music software or service. I know the poster has some indication why will be announced, I'm just grasping at straws. any ideas?

You're not far off with pointing device.

Together with the new iWatch (not its real name), there will be a miniature iMouse and a Qwerty keyboard with USB. Both the keyboard and the mouse have been designed to work on your arm. The keyboard will be especially useful for the iWatch-optimised version of Excel. The mouse will be great for editing your latest feature film with the fabulous new version of Final Cut Pro on the roomy 1.3" screen.
  • Reply 54 of 67
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

I'm hoping for a 4K theme, to the Mac part of the event at least. The new OS X 10.10 will have such fine detail that it will really need a 4K display to look it's best. The Macbook Pro is already done, so they will do the iMac and Macbook Air and a new 4K Thunderbolt display. And maybe announce 4K content on iTunes as well (just a little to start).

• Reply 55 of 67
    imember wrote: »
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Can't wait </span>
    :) <span style="line-height:1.4em;">, i hope they release iOS 8 for iPhone 4S too</span>
    yeah me too. I am using a iPhone 4S and still loving it. I hope this relationship never ends.????
  • Reply 56 of 67
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    After all these years, iPhone still has no kitchen sink. Innovation is dead at Apple.
  • Reply 57 of 67
    For those of us not lucky enough to be in California, I guess we have our own WWDC here at Apple Insider:

World Wide [B]DED[/B] Conference!

????
  • Reply 58 of 67
    darendino wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to add this WWDC event into OSX Calendar, is it possible to click on this Headline and it adds it to Calendar?

Dendin: Go to Calendar and click on 'Create new event.' You then need to enter the details for the event, such as its name, time and date, click 'Done' and voila! You have created an event in Calendar. You can even set two alarms in case you forget about it, say, at two minutes and one minute before the event.
  • Reply 59 of 67
    Yeah, I imagine that all of my favorite people will be sitting on the front row.

Al Gore will be there with a grin on his face sitting next to Dr. Dre, and Wozniak will also be there, probably using a huge Android phone.:lol:  

Instead of getting pissed off at who's in the audience, I will focus my attention to what's happening on stage instead. That is probably much more exciting.:lol:
    Last year Marissa Mayer was there, sitting right behind the Apple executives.

I thought she was crouching in front of them, but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me...????
  • Reply 60 of 67
    Since this event was live streamed in 2012 and 2013 I don't think we should read anything into it. This is one event that Apple seems to reliably stream.

Firstly, great though the Apple events are, I don't think they are going to repeat the event from 2012 and 2013. Secondly, there is not much point in reading to it, as they will not pick up any sound in the auditorium from your microphone.