OS X Yosemite first look: Safari 8 Smart Search, advanced tab controls, more

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,351moderator
    I hate how "full screen mode" is now what clicking the green fit to window button used to do. I HATE full screen safari, and never use the full screen modes. Why did they have to change what makes Mac window management so much nicer than Windows 7 or 8? Does anyone know how to kill this and return back to the original way?

If you hold the alt-key before pressing the green button it should give you the old functionality.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    rafagonrafagon Posts: 5member
    Coolfactor: Maybe the articles are in fact read by a second person, but maybe the second person is just as dumb as the first.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Safari in DP3 will save your tabs if it crashes even if the URLs behind those tabs have been deleted from your history, and that’s great.

So, for example, if you have to clear out all URLs with the string “we” in them because Safari IS TOO STUPID TO FIGURE OUT THAT I WANT TO GO TO MY BOOKMARK CALLED “WEATHER” WHICH I USE NEARLY EVERY DAY, PULLING UP INSTEAD A URL FOR A WEBSITE I HAVE VISITED ONCE, and then it happens to crash (as Yosemite enjoys making it do), that tab won’t be a blank page when you reopen! Handy.

Now if it would just reorder search suggestions, get back the functionality from DP1 and 2 wherein opening multiple bookmarks in tabs doesn’t erase all the tabs you have open in the current window (like all release versions of Safari), and give us the option to LOCK SPECIFIC COOKIES, that’d be great.