Apple logo high res. picture

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm looking for an Apple-Logo picture, for example like this one...

... but at much higher resolution then that ! (maybe in EPS format?)

I would like to print a A0 poster...but so far I've been able to find only little 200x200 apple-logo gif pics, or something like that...so any help would be appreciated!

(please, I'm not looking for the old 6 color Apple logo ! thanks)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    xeoxeo Posts: 33member
    I looked through what I have but couldn't find an Apple logo. I have the Mac OS logo, an OS X logo and a Quicktime logo, all eps. No Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    Looks like some artistic genius like Leonis will need to get to work in Illustraror for ya.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    In almost any app type

Option+Shift+K and you will get the Apple logo.

Then fnacy it up (in PS with layer effects).
  • Reply 4 of 26
    zenozeno Posts: 28member
    Mac Write:

that is a really GREAT idea!!

Thank you!!!

Anyway, do you think it's possible to "vectorize" an ordinary picture (let's say GIF or JPG) so that I can increase its resolution/dimensions without getting the following effect ?

• Reply 5 of 26
    No, no, no, bitmaps and vectors and completely different by nature.

The only way to go from a bitmap to a vector it to "eyeball" it and estimate where and how you should draw your gradients.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I suggest using Apple Garamond or Lucida Grande if you're going to use shift-option-K...
  • Reply 7 of 26
    [quote] I suggest using Apple Garamond or Lucida Grande if you're going to use shift-option-K... <hr></blockquote>

yeah, that's essential!
  • Reply 8 of 26
    This logo:

looks terrific!

I was adding some PS filter effects to my "Option+Shift+K logo" trying to reproduce the logo above...but no way! That logo looks hundred-times more beautiful that mine.

How can I reach those great effects ? Do you have any idea? (I have EyeCandy4000 & procreate KPT effects)
  • Reply 9 of 26
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    There's a tutorial on how to create that exact logo in an old issue of Macformat. They showed it against a picture of a cube, and they even got the gradients nearly identical.

Amorya
  • Reply 10 of 26
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    can we get a link?
  • Reply 11 of 26
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

<strong>can we get a link?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is that addressed to me?

If so... it's in a back issue of a magazine. I'll possibly have a look for y'all later, but I have over 100 issues of the sodding thing, so I don't promise anything!

If you want general hints, look for one of the numerous aqua tutorials on photoshop sites, and put one of those onto an apple. it should look ok that way. There's one at <a href="http://www.macdesignonline.com/tutorials/2001-jan-feb/aquabutton.html"; target="_blank">http://www.macdesignonline.com/tutorials/2001-jan-feb/aquabutton.html</a>; but I don't like the result as much as the one I remember using... wish I still had the address :confused:

Amorya
  • Reply 12 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'll do one this weekend in Illustrator. Actually, I've been wanting to tackle this for a while, and now I have a legitimate reason to.

Let me see what I can come up with this weekend.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    pscates: thanks!

we are waiting....
  • Reply 14 of 26
    [quote]There's a tutorial on how to create that exact logo in an old issue of Macformat.<hr></blockquote>

Please, can anyone find that magazine and report the steps of the tutorial on how to create that logo ? That would be REALLY appreciated !
  • Reply 15 of 26
    I'd look for you, but I really don't have the time.

But if I were you, I'd snoop around apple.com/pr to see what i could find.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I gave it a go 'round, don't ask how I did it. I tried different ways and methods till I got it to look close enough, so I don't have a tutorial for it unfortunately. Hope you can use it, I might make a desktop out of it. If anyone uses it I hope for a little credit

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: KidRed ]

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: KidRed ]</p>
  • Reply 18 of 26
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Hope it helps.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    KidRed: you KICK ASS !

Your logo is simply AWSOME ! Really !

Now, the problem is that I cannot use the picture you posted here (however I'm really happy you did it). The reasons:

- your logo dimesions are not high enough for my A0 poster (118.8 x 84 cm -- 45 x 33 inches -- 7000 x 5000 pixel at 150dpi)

- I plan to have lots of other elements in my poster, so I would need the logo in a separate transparent layer...

That's why I would really need to "learn" how to get those effects and create the logo by myself. I know the essential concept is to use multiple layers with different transparency rate and transparent gradients and maybe the "Free Transform" feature shrinking some layers to get that 3D appearance... my main problem is that I'm not able to get the following effect (see inside the red line):

Thus, KidRed, I'll write you an email so that we can try to "deal".... like: you tell me how you did those effects and you'll get something from me...ok?

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Zeno ]</p>
  • Reply 20 of 26
    I think I'd start with a 4 Megapixel camera (and perhaps even a close-up-type lens) and the side of a well lit quicksilver.

Then off to photoshop for the coloration.

But that's just me.

Jet