Samsung openly admits 'positive reaction' to iPhone 6 Plus prompted early launch of Galaxy Note 4

Comments

• Reply 121 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Once a "stupid" idea can sell 5 million+ products un 24  hours, everyone wants to have that "stupid" idea.

Citation.

• Reply 122 of 158
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I'll go with clueless, just like we all are at one point or another.

And we'll go with troll.
  • Reply 123 of 158
    nht wrote: »
    And we'll go with troll.

That beats irrelevant simpleton.
  • Reply 124 of 158
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

umm, sell tons of phones?

Wow, did you make this all by yourself?

Earlier this year Samsung announced they sold 200 million Galaxy S phones. Over the exact same time period Apple sold 413 million iPhones. Apple is slaughtering Samsung at the high end. Even if you add in the Note (which sells far less than the Galaxy) then Apple is still way ahead.

• Reply 125 of 158
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    I dont get how Samsung claims innovation by making a big iPhone and then calling Apple a copycat after blatantly ripping off every design detail off iPhone.

Scamsung, Apple didn't copy you.
    Apple made a bigger iPhone.
  • Reply 126 of 158
    Yeaahhh. Apple iPhone 6 iconic bendable display. Great creative innovative design. I feel sorry for people here. Now 8.0.1, not even upgradable.
  • Reply 127 of 158

Funny how the 6 Plus is a phone whereas the 0.2" larger Note 4 is a "phablet"...

• Reply 128 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Wow, did you make this all by yourself?

Earlier this year Samsung announced they sold 200 million Galaxy S phones. Over the exact same time period Apple sold 413 million iPhones. Apple is slaughtering Samsung at the high end. Even if you add in the Note (which sells far less than the Galaxy) then Apple is still way ahead.

Whatever. Samsung will continue to sell more phones each year for the next few years at least. Not from my purchases or your purchases, but it will happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

I dont get how Samsung claims innovation by making a big iPhone and then calling Apple a copycat after blatantly ripping off every design detail off iPhone.

Scamsung, Apple didn't copy you.

Apple made a bigger iPhone.

Why is everyone so butthurt about the copying thing? This isn't new. Ideas spread and become commodities, and businesses innovate. Samsung copied Apple who copied Samsung. Get over it.

One of my dev phones in early 2011 was a Motorola Atrix, and it had a fingerprint unlock that worked perfectly. Don't tell me Apple didn't have any of those on site during Touch ID development. Who cares?

• Reply 129 of 158
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kavok View Post

No they didn't make a bigger screen because Samsung was selling them. image They made a bigger screen because they listened to their customers who wanted a bigger screen. Apple never does anything simply because someone else is doing it. If that were the case, we would still have ugly physical keyboards on the iPhone, and BlackBerry would still be on top.

I don't quite buy that.

The 4.7... sure.

The 5.5... I heard more people saying that was too big than I heard anyone saying it's a great size.

Samsung showed that it was a viable size.

Personally, I think the 5.5 was a stupid idea.

"It's the OS!"

According to my pole of iPhone buyers, the most popular iPhone is the 4.7 with 64GB of mass storage... and that's NOT due to the 6+ shortage.

The iPhone 5s is selling rather well because of its compact size more then other reasons, such as price. I watched several shoppers come up to the display, lay their iPhone 5 or 4s on top of the 4.7 iPhone 6 and decide in a few seconds that the iPhone 6 was not going to be a problem. So, it's more of a decision between the 5s and the 6 than any other models.

FYI, ordering the most popular version of the iPhone 6+ from Verizon will get you delivery around the end of October.

• Reply 130 of 158
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Funny how the 6 Plus is a phone whereas the 0.2" larger Note 4 is a "phablet"...

You gotta draw a line somewhere.

• Reply 131 of 158
    What Samsung Exec? A name would be super nice..of course it's just made up bullshit! No company would say that and also the note 4 still is not out fanboys. You phone finally got 720p 1 gig of ram and a bendable phone...hahahaha. oh and stolen a host of android features!!!! Your crap sucks just deal with it. Maybe Apple will send u a bumper and you will buy there next piece of crap.. jokes on u lemmings!
  • Reply 132 of 158
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Impending doom?  You want impending doom?

See my post on the previous page.  With the links pointing to Samsung's stock losses, lack of product differentiation, steeper smartphone profitability declines than anticipated, etc.

Try to spin that.

[Update here's an excerpt from my previous post.]

"Samsung at Two-Year Low Lures Templeton Global Funds"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-23/samsung-at-two-year-low-lures-templeton-global-funds.html

"... Samsung has lost 16 percent this year amid competition for mobile phone sales from Apple Inc. and cheaper Chinese and Indian producers."

"They’ll have to work through a period where they get less profit out of smartphones at some point over the next three to five years ..."

"Does Samsung Need Crisis Management?"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/does-samsung-crisis-management-223206696.html

"... ineffective product differentiation sparks margin erosion and a decline in market share."

"Profitability is deteriorating more steeply than expected ..."

"Samsung Has a Bigger Problem Than Apple"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/samsung-bigger-problem-apple-161204395.html

"... Google regularly undercuts Samsung's offerings ..."

"...  they have no operating system differentiation."

Maybe they're on the way out, maybe they aren't. I'm not a direct shareholder, so I really don't care. My prediction is that you'll have Samsung phones to complain about for years to come.

Well, since Blackberry is dead but still on its back bicycling its feet in the air, you could be right.

• Reply 133 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

FYI, ordering the most popular version of the iPhone 6+ from Verizon will get you delivery around the end of October.

You have to wonder why that is so.

Did Apple only make 2 million of them and they are almost sold out.  Is there a manufacturing problem and supply will remain constrained for quite some time.

Personally I don't think it's because demand is so high that Apple is selling them at a phenomenally high rate.

[ oh... by the way... if my Wife gets rid of the 4S then she'll be getting a 6 / 64. ]

• Reply 134 of 158
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

That's only because Apple didn't call it the iPhablet.

I've seen a few blog posts where the + is called a phablet.

• Reply 135 of 158
    The issue with Samsung or all phones from android platforms is the fact that you cannot update the android versions. I can't follow the number of updates they came out with... and you are stuck with your 2 year old phone with an old version of android. I went with my iphone 4S from iOS 6, then 7 and now 8. The other issue is the customization of the widgets from one brand to the other, makes it not as user friendly as the os environment.
  • Reply 136 of 158

Death spiral? You know they are the biggest mobile phone company in the world?

• Reply 137 of 158
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    At least Samsung gives kudos to where its due.

Apple, on the other hand, flat out dismissed the Galaxy Note and the trend towards larger screens.

We know what happened next....
  • Reply 138 of 158
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Apple, on the other hand, flat out dismissed the Galaxy Note and the trend towards larger screens.

Enlighten us.

• Reply 139 of 158
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Whatever. Samsung will continue to sell more phones each year for the next few years at least. Not from my purchases or your purchases, but it will happen.

Why is everyone so butthurt about the copying thing? This isn't new. Ideas spread and become commodities, and businesses innovate. Samsung copied Apple who copied Samsung. Get over it.

One of my dev phones in early 2011 was a Motorola Atrix, and it had a fingerprint unlock that worked perfectly. Don't tell me Apple didn't have any of those on site during Touch ID development. Who cares?

Ideas get traded around. Sammy outright copied Apple down to the packaging. You cannot deny that. Where was the fingerprint sensor on the Atrix? How did it work? Was it as simple as touching a button?
    galbi wrote: »

Apple continued to sell record numbers of iPhones? Continued to earn the most profit?
  • Reply 140 of 158

Apple liked the Atrix so much , they bought the company that built the fingerprint scanner for Motorola